Friday, 13 April 2012

Zulu 3: A letter home

Dear Mum and Dad

Well I made it through trek in one piece. The rumours that you heard were true, in bits it was indeed traumatic and at times I cried, in fact at one point I thought I wouldn’t make it...but I did! And my God it was incredible!

The team made it so special; I don’t think it would have been half the experience without them. As we all sat on the shore of the lagoon the other night we all talked about the mammoth trek that we had just completed but a few hours earlier, and there were some clear highlights for us all.

Firstly there was the night we spent on top of the mountain at the military base, witnessing the most stunning sunset.
Then there were the awesome views, the endless laughs and the ‘volcanic eruption’ we all watched. The last three days of our trek were so amazing that I can barely put it into words. Seeing the splendour of Cerro Negro; climbing it; and running down, was just one of the best experiences of my life. Then sleeping under the most astonishing crater before hiking down to the lagoon and swimming in a crater lake made it all the more worthwhile.

I won’t tell you all the stories now though, I’ll be seeing you very soon!

All our love

Maria, Liam, Ciara, Dara, Rob, Ben, Sophie, Ravenna, Brayan, Gustavo, Danny, Alex, Alex, Adri, Valeria. Gaz and Simon

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for visiting our blog. Comments are monitored daily and we will ensure messages are promptly delivered to your loved ones. Please ensure you state the name of the person to whom your message is addressed. This is so we don't miss any out. Muchas gracias!

Pura Vida!