Friday, 7 November 2008

Triumphant return for Alpha 1!

After 2 weeks of living in their jungle camp and building a classroom for the community of Roca Quemada Alpha 1 returned muddy but happy.

Despite being very tiring work the group managed to complete the floor of classroom in record time. And there was even some time to go Salsa dancing with the locals one night. Apparently the young children taught the group a few moves on the dance floor.


"What I have enjoyed most about the
expedition is contact with the Cabecar
people although this has been limited
as they can be shy natured. However
as time went by we were able to develop
a closer bond and it pleases me greatly
that they are so grateful for our efforts."
LYAN SUAREZ CAMPOS, Host country participant


I thank the Raleigh group which visited Roca Quemada because despite not being from the community they have provided a great service to local people. I am very happy for the help we have received but at the same time I am sad that a such a wonderful group, my group, has to leave.
LONGINO LOPEZ, Maestro de Obra (foreman).

1 comment:

  1. Salsa lessons Christophe?! Hehe, I hope that means that you'll be less hopeless on the dancefloor now ;P

    Congratulations to you and all of Alpha 1 for your hard work!! I hope you do so well in Alpha 3. Lots of love, Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thank you for visiting our blog. Comments are monitored daily and we will ensure messages are promptly delivered to your loved ones. Please ensure you state the name of the person to whom your message is addressed. This is so we don't miss any out. Muchas gracias!

Pura Vida!