Just 2 short days ago, Fieldbase was a serene place. Ross,
Pedro, Vanessa and Katie were holding the fort and gliding around Fieldbase
like ducks, appearing graceful yet paddling like crazy below the surface in order
to arrange the small upcoming events such as the 12H Adventure Challenge, Phase
2 Project Allocations, the arrival and induction of the Explorers and the
descent of over 100 Venturers from their Phase 1 projects and Bravos 2 and 3 from their road trips.
That relative quiet ended quite literally with a roar (of engines) this morning – things don’t half
move quickly on a Raleigh expedition! 16 new Explorers arrived at Fieldbase safe
and sound at 7.30am after a night at the British School, welcomed by
a gallo pinto breakfast and then in quick succession (in order of their Delta group
numbers, as if it was planned that way!) Deltas 1, 2, 3 and 4 arrived back
fresh from their projects (well they’re fresh now after a few 20 minute showers
to scrub off the mud and sweat to reveal their happy faced and slightly bronzed
limbs!)
And an hour ago, Alphas 2, 5 and 6 arrived back from
Nicaragua to join in on the party, the rest of the Alphas returning tomorrow morning.
Blogs, news and photos are being accumulated as we speak, so watch
this space!
For Mayci Hicks - Delta 2
ReplyDeleteIt was so great to hear from you last night!!! It put me in such a great mood to know you are having a great time. I can't wait to see the pictures and video. It sounds like you have met a lot of really fun and interesting people on this journey. I wish I could meet them all. Hope to hear from you again soon. Stay away from those sand fleas!!!
Love you to Heaven and back!!! MOM
we want pictures of Alpha 2!!!!
ReplyDeleteMessage for Henry Seal:
ReplyDeleteHi Hen,
I hope you had a lovely time on your trek - I can't wait to see the photos and hear all about it! I hope things are all good out there, Mum and Dad are in the middle of their America holiday, Mum bought an iPad so that she could read the blog about what you have been doing but with no posts from your group I think she has just been playing 'Words with Friends'! Quiet back here on my own! Speak soon, Rosanna xxx