Sunday, 26 July 2009

09F Triumphs and Tears (of joy!) from the Tremendous Alpha Groups

Alpha 1 will be on the final 10k of their 35k day as I type this. The wide bay of Playa Junquillal will be stretched out before them, beckoning them onwards. Soon they will be enjoying a cooling dip as they celebrate 270k of hardcore trekking!

Alpha 2 have conquered the Maribios Trek! They arrived this morning at Mechapa beach and had incredible views of the mighty Pacific Ocean. The group have covered 270k of the hottest, dustiest and driest terrain in Nicaragua. Congratulations Alpha 2!

Alpha 3 will today be celebrating massive success of the phase 1 water project. So far they have installed water in several houses! To show gratitude and to bid them farewell, the community leaders have organised a huge party in their honour – even the Mayor of Achuapa will be in attendance. Party on Alpha 3!

Alpha 4 are also having a final day of celebrations in their community. Their community centre and museum is halfway completed so the community are throwing them a party and have slaughtered a calf for them. The group will be enjoying some tasty cuts of meat this evening!

Tomorrow its early starts for everyone as they make their way back to Fieldbase...

15 comments:

  1. Fee,
    Well done you and all of Alpha 1. A great achievement.Enyoy the bay of Playa Junquillal.
    All love
    M xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carl,
    Congratulations on arriving at Mechapa! Harlequins Rugby League are missing your shouting and have now lost six in a row including the one I went to in Perpignan. Andy got married yesterday and everyone sends their best wishes. Really enjoy hearing how everyone is progressing on the blog. Good luck for the rest of the trip! Love Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Oli
    So pleased to hear that you are thinking of staying on to continue with some further exploration. I was speaking with a client who knows the area well and I will obtain some information from him so that I can pass it on to you next week..I'm very pleased that you're really enjoying yourself and that you've made some good friends...lots of love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. wELL DONE Alpha 3, Harry i am really proud of you. i spoken to Becky today, asking her if she knows what colour you want your room, she said she hasn't so its up to me. Me and your dad have empitied your room, know our hard work begins.
    Love you loads
    Mom xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carl,
    Congratulations to everyone on completing your trek.Bet it was a welcome sight to see the ocean.Hope you're enjoying the beach before heading back to camp.
    Andy's wedding went well. Paul is adding more.
    Quins having bad time with injuries and are on a 6 match losing run.
    Mum and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex...Laura...All of Alpha 3! What an accomplishment right out of the starting gate!
    BRAVO's all round!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harry (Hughes) I got your letters today! I got really excited when the post came , like the big geek that I am. Got them just in time for my holiday! Even though I am going with my 3rd degree burn and i have also added a massive egg and bruise to my head to the equation! Yes I admitt i walked into the door. I'm going to try and get a tan to rival yours (which i doubt) and will try to send you a postcard ( providing i can find a post box) and I will deffo bring you a little something back with me. I will reply to ur letters soon! But i'm glad to hear you and george have settled in well.
    I love you more love becky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Louise, Well done! You finished the trek across the volcano's. We heard the views were great and we're looking forward to seeing some photo's of Alpha 2. Bet you enjoyed the day on the beach. So that's the holiday over; now down to some hard work? Love Dad xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shane Caffrey
    Congratulations on completing phase one, it must be some experience you will be a lot fitter when you get home, take care
    Josy Marshall

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michael,

    Got your 1st letter and I guess a lot has happened since then!

    Well done all of Alpha 1 on completing your trek, a great achievement and enjoy Playa Junquillal and a wash!

    Dad & family

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Lou & Alpha 2, how good was Mechapa? Cannot wait to see any photos. Enjoy the good life back at fieldbase before your next challenge. Mail is on its way. Love M xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Matt (Usherwood), Really proud you walked 270km and in such hot conditions. So good to hear your voice when you phoned. We were very excited this end, a bit like bees round a honey pot when the phone rang. We all wanted to hear you. The trek sounded awsome, can't wait to hear all about it and see the panaramic photos. Take care of yourself. Love you lots. Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Phil (Maund), I hope the skit whent well last night. It was really nice to hear your voice and be able to talk to you. I hope it didn't cost you too much...

    All my love,
    Sonia xxx

    P.S. I think we should just double check I gave you the right address so here it is:
    21 Avenue Du Général Dubail
    Saint Germain-en-Laye
    78100
    FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mastah So King Chi and all of Alpha 3, kudos to all of you. Your tears and sweat will be remembered by the community. Keep the good work going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to Alpha 4 - nice one!!
    All ok her Ado - Ben says woof. Torential rain here this last week - better weather with you I think. Dad et al just back in the UK from France tonight. TC coming back on a trailer from Portsmouth on Sat. Good luck with the trek.
    Ros. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thank you for visiting our blog. Comments are monitored daily and we will ensure messages are promptly delivered to your loved ones. Please ensure you state the name of the person to whom your message is addressed. This is so we don't miss any out. Muchas gracias!

Pura Vida!