Thursday, 7 April 2011
Blog Updates...
Sorry for the delay - the road trip vehicle has only just returned from the north. Read on for blog updates from Alpha Yankee 2, Alpha Yankee 4, Alpha Yankee 5, Delta Yankee 2, Delta Yankee 4 and Delta Yankee 5. Tomorrow we'll have more from Alpha Yankee 3, then on Saturday we'll have Alpha Yankee 6, Delta Yankee 1 and Delta Yankee 6.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Caroline Murray , alpha yankee 3.
ReplyDeletewey iv finally got around and had time to write you a nice long message. Cant believe its only 10 days until i get to see you im so excited i seriously cant wait, that sunday is going to be a good day, i forgot to say in my last message i think there giving me the sunday off so can travel up and get there at a good time rather then rocking up at half 2 and forgetting to hand my reg number over haha. good times. Im back in a good mood now and stopped moaning about late nights at work, as iv got the next two days off, going to be good. My plans are sort out holiday money and head out tomorrow night, so not alot again but will be good. saying that i Might also be playing golf with farmer, but will see he might not with his knee, the weathers been lush really sunny all day, so could be a plan, saying that knowing my luck it will tip it down for the next two days haha. Was so hot in the kitchen today i drank like 10 pints of water. Thinking il also pop into judiths shop again and see whats occurring. Just read the blog update and it says a blog from your group will be uploaded tomorrow, so that has also added to my good mood. I didn't end up going out tonight for a pint you'll be pleased to know, not that your missing out on a thursday night in chams, but we've been heading out for a sly one after work most nights, which will hopefully end when you come back haha. Did 56 for dinner tonight so has been busy but enjoyed it still has been alot better this week with john starting, so do not worry my dear. I hope your 40 pounds hasn't vanished, your going to need that for clothes when you go shopping with soph, im still laughing at your comment you made about having money for holiday and then actually not, your so funny shrew girl! Bet you cant wait to come home now, nearly at the end, so enjoy yourself and keep up the good work il be thinking of you. Cant wait to speak to you next week. I love you lots :) xxxxxxxxxxx speak to you in the next few days when i read your blog and see some amazing pics of you working xxxxxxxxxxxx
Message for Jessica B-D Delta Yankee 2
ReplyDeleteNice blog update!!! Like the sound of the cream. The place where you're trekking looks amazing.
Mum texted me to let me know you'd done a post on the blog. She must check it every 5 minutes :-) I've been in Snaith today which was really nice. Went to do some work on my research project but didn't get much done! Just tried to convince Mum she'd enjoy a Macbook for her imminent studying! Anyway, it's gone midnight here so I had better get to bed. Just thought I'd say hello while I'm on here. Night night. Don't let the bed bugs bite.
Love you lots x x x
For Camilla O'C - Alpha Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteCam. Not a great first leg against ManU. 0-1. Rooney scored after 24 minutes. Should have had a penalty for a foul on Ramieres but we didn't. I was in Zurich at a dinner and only managed to get away to see the second half. Chelsea had 16 attempts on goal to ManU's 5 which rather tells the tale of the game. I have got tickets for next week and so will pop up to Old Trafford.
Wigan at home tomorrow.
Looking forward to reading about your exploits at the weekend. Weather here magnificent. Your mother is well. Hope you enjoyed your birthday.
Love you xxxx
Jessy boon cowler delta Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteGmush that piggy! C'mon c'mon gamush that piggy, c'mon c'mon ga-mush-that-pig-gy!!!
Can't wait to see you, can't believe it is less than two weeks!
Alex xxxxxxx
Jessy boon cowler delta Yankee 6
ReplyDelete(tried to send this 2 nights ago but phone wouldn't let me, but now that blog is working at work again thought i'd put it up!)
I got your letter!!!! What a surprise!!!! Someone slipped it under my door and I didn't realise so just saw it as I was getting in bed, perfect timing! I wish I could talk to you..I hope you're happy and having fun, this time in two weeks you'll be here next to me and as happy as that makes me ireally wish it was in a months time.
I'm going round Pauls new house this weekend and we are going to piss about and make some music..should be a laugh maybe can make you a song for when you get back. No other news really, I'm really skint at the moment so housebound or visiting pals and wangling free dinners..get paid just before you get back so can get some treats in and pimp the house up for you. Anyway sleepy time now. I love you so much, night night darlin. Alex xxxxxxxx
Jessy boon cowler delta Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteStupid work won't let me take the day off on the 19th as 4 ppl have already booked holiday for that day, so cant pick you up any more :( !! Have spoken to your dad and he said that he'll come pick you up so at least you won't have to negotiate tube on your own. Your mum has taken morning off work so maybe you will want to go there first and be fed & pampered and have a bath and I I will get out of work early and come get you.
Also I'm going to complete accreditation forms for sonar for both of us!! Team b in action taking over the world!!! Hope u still want to go...focus will be on my writing so just need some good photos to go along with review, citin!!!!
Love you so much
Alex xxxxxxxxxx
to Harm van der Wal, Alpha Yankee 4
ReplyDeleteLieve Harm,
Ik dacht al dat je ver weg van Turialba zat, maar dat blijkt nu dan ook voor de terugweg van de auto uit het noorden. We hebben lang moeten wachten op nieuws. Maar het klinkt wederom erg goed wat je daar beleeft. Ik moet het Spaanstalige deel nog vertaald zien te krijgen. Jouw naam komt er in voor maar waar het over gaat??
Leven jullie al erg toe naar het einde van de expeditie van volgende week of hangt het meer als een dreiging boven jullie hoofden? Aan deze kant kijken we uit naar je terugkeer. Mag wel he?
Al het andere nieuws schrijf ik wel in je mailbox en lees je wel. Dag lieverd, nog veel plezier en succes met afscheid nemen. Liefs, Mama
Benjamin Cahill!! Where are you? Gosh I think you should hurry up and get back to civilisation so I can talk to you!! Miss you lots but hope its all going well. So 4th week on tour down. Absolutely shattered and looking forward to the weekend. No huge plans but weather here is gorgeous finally. Love you so much and so glad you're doing what you're doing. x x x x me.
ReplyDeleteso i'd like to hire a car and go for a drive in south america to see some of the country. such a good way of seeing it. Oh this is for Ben Cahill. I'd love to go horse riding too. xx
ReplyDeleteTo: Emilie Kielstra, Delta Yankee 1
ReplyDeleteLieve Emilie,
Gaat alles goed? Nog even volhouden, want het zijn nu echt de laatste loodjes! Gek idee, dat jouw Raleigh-avontuur nu al weer bijna over is! Geniet er maar van nu het nog kan! Hopelijk zijn de laatste dagen van de trek minder zwaar dan die van aan het begin. Mij leek het dat er minder hoogteverschillen aan komen, die jullie hoeven te overbruggen: is dat ook zo??
Hier thuis was het een heel drukke week, ook al door de uitwisseling met die Duitse leerlingen. Vandaar tussendoor geen extra berichtje voor jou, maar er was eigenlijk ook niet zo veel te vertellen. We hebben onze 1e competitiegolfwedstrijd dik gewonnen, dus dat was een opsteker, te meer omdat afgelopen dinsdag het weer guur, nat en waterkoud was met af een toe een flinke bui. Was na 27 holes echt verkleumd! Op woensdagavond zou ik Lea en Sara (Floor's "meisje") samen met Alexa (want Floor was een beetje ziek) mee naar de Pasar Malam nemen. Dit bleek niet die te zijn die wij kennen, maar een kleine die georganiseerd door de Indonesische ambassade. En die sloot al om 21.00 uur. Wij kwamen daar pas tegen 20.30 uur aan, omdat ik met de meisjes een stadstoer langs alle belangrijke gebouwen had gemaakt. Vonden ze n.l. echt leuk: overal gestopt om foto's te maken. Ik moest nog een blaastest doen voor het Vredespaleis, toen ik daarvoor stil hield! Ben toen met ze naar een Indonesisch restaurant gegaan (want op Indisch eten hadden ze zich verheugd) en dat was een groot succes! Gisteravond hebben we ze weer allebei, nu met Floor, hier te eten gehad. En vandaag zijn ze weer naar Aken teruggekeerd. Alexa is nu totaal uitgeput, want ze hebben de hele week in de namiddag en 's avonds alleen maar sociale dingen met ze gedaan: heel leuk allemaal, maar doodvermoeiend na al een stevig projectprogramma overdag. Vandaag heb ik ook weer gegolfd om alvast de baan van de club te verkennen waar a.s. dinsdag de competitie verspeeld wordt: we hadden nu eens prachtig weer. Vanavond kwam Claudine langs, die in NL is omdat we morgen onze 35e jaarclubdies gaan vieren met een lunch ergens bij Breda. Dus dat wordt gezellig, want bijna iedereen is er!
Ben ondertussen bezig met je terugreis naar NL (want je ticket naar BA is dus al rond), maar ik kan de familie Spronck maar niet te pakken krijgen om e.e.a. mee af te stemmen: heel vervelend. Maar het komt natuurlijk in orde! Zodra ik meer weet hoor je dit direct!
Veel liefs van ons allen, hou je nog even taai,
xxxxx mam
oh I watched bright young things the other night Benjy (Cahill) - love it! It's great. Leah who's on tour with me has a radio play based on a book by Evelyn Waugh which is hilarious so will try and get us a copy. x
ReplyDeleteFor Hannah Leach - Alpha Yankee 4
ReplyDeleteHi Darling
Hope everything is well with you. Wondering how you are feeling about the adventure coming to an end. Enjoy your last week.
Dad got back from London this morning. Happy to have him home again.
Barnaby still in bed despite several attempts on my part to wake him up. He's supposed to be doing lots of revision. Can't see that happening somehow. Bet you're glad that's not you.
Played golf on Friday, and my partner's golf trolley rolled into the lake while we were putting! She had the umbrella up, which acted like a sail cos it was quite windy. Saw it going but were too far away to stop it. Her phone and purse were inside, so she was not amused. Sure she'll laugh about it later.
Thomas's job goes full time on Monday. Seems to be enjoying it and his new status as a working man!
Can't wait to see you.
Hugs and kisses
Mum
Abigail Tyer - Delta 6
ReplyDeleteHey Abi!
So its 20 odd degrees here in England, rather shocking I know!
Had a pretty amazing week down here in exeter, watched 1st vs 2nd years rugby, such a lovely, beautifull weather. sat out in the sun all day thursday and fried myself.....bit pink....didnt really help with the essay writting! so yesturday had a nice early morning library session and then we went to the beach, was AMAZING came back for a BBQ and then stupidly went to time piece...mistake!
got to go to plymouth today for a meeting later on this afternoon and then driving home from there...so bit of a journey but thought might as well keep going! will b nice to have a couple of days at home before larry and I go off monday evening!
hope the island is proving to be a lot of fun, i think we might have a blog today so will keep checking!
cant believe you have been gone 10 weeks nearly already...altho you still must have like another 10 - 12 weeks still out there! : (
got a bit of revision to do over easter but only got a 6 week term when i go back!!!
anyway need to get packing up my stuff here in exeter!
speak soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jessy BC Delta Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteJess! Not long now! I hope when you get home the weather is as lovely as it is now, and that you are ok with the arrangements for your return. I'll get some beans in...
Love you lots, Mum xxx
Hannah Leach Alpha Yankee 4
ReplyDeleteHey Roo....I just got back to Dubai this morning from London, good to be back although the temperature is already 38 degc. Boo is back too and we are catching up on his exploits. Good to be home and looking forward to seeing you in not so many days now. Went to Manchester last weekend and spent two days with Thomas which was very good, saw his flat, met Victor and heard about his new job - he has now joined the ranks of the employed and seems to be thriving although he says that getting up in the morning is really hard.
Take care wherever you are in Nicaragua.
Besos grandes Papi
Alpha yankee 5. Lieve Anne, heeft lang geduurd voordat we wat van jouw groep te zien kregen.. Heb je ook niet op de foto's zien staan. Ga er maar vanuit dat je er ook tussen zit. Geen nieuws goed nieuws.
ReplyDeleteIn Nl lijkt het inmiddels wel zomer. Heerlijk weer en de tuin wordt steeds mooier. Vanavond naar borrel Ana, 18 jaar. Hopelijk in de tuin..
Gaat het verder goed met je? Ben wederom erg benieuwd naar je verhalen. Het duurt niet lang meer voordat je weer terug bent, en waarschijnlijk ernstig zal moeten wennen aan ons burgerlijke bestaan. Ik heb het idee dat je deze comments pas zal lezen als je naar huis komt. Ik wens je dus maar al heeeel veel sterkte met het afscheid. Het zal best wel even moeilijk voor je zijn. Gelukkig staat je ook nog heel veel anders leuks te wachten. Wij vinden het in ieder geval heerlijk dat je straks weer even bij ons bent. Dag schat, tot snel. xxxM
Jessy boon cowler delta Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteJESS I JUST WROTE YOU THE LONGEST MESSAGE EVER AND IT GOT DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I will explain the jist of the message to you; that I am looking forward to you returning to your city pal (me), in the city, to be a city gal again. I just can't wait.
Today I have been on the computer all day working. I have just won an intense bidding war on ebay over some paper punches. As in punches to make circular holes in paper, not like I paid a paper person to punch me HO HOHOHOHOHO.
This job is getting mighty stressful at the mo but I am quite enjoying the busyness of it. London is nice and sunny which is making me happy and hopefully it will stay that way for your return. It's strange that we can't arrange to meet up before you are actually here but I look forward to my post-holly phonecall where I can't remember your voice!!! WOOT WOOT.
Okay, see you soon Big J. Hope you're having a swell time!!!!!!!! Lil city gal (brunette) xxx
For Camilla O'C - Alpha Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteHi Cam. Well that was a truly dreadful game. Wigan were abysmal but we only beat them 1-0 and Torres is still not scoring. Might be wrth betting on him to get a hattrick against ManU next Tuesday. Louisa is going to Old Trafford with me, she is back today from skiing looking tanned but tired.
So not long until you return to basecamp, have your party, bid your farewells and get the bus to Managua. Don't forget to get the $40 one with a/c. Your mother is getting very excited indeed and Louisa is really relishing the opportunity to look after me for a couple of weeks. I suspect that she might decamp back to Edinburgh.
Cycling tomorrow and it is the Paris Roubaix which is something to look forward to. The Schlecks have dropped out of contention in the Tour of the Basque Country lthough everything could change on the last stage time trial. Cav had his first European win with the Scheldeprijs Classic on Wednesday.
Have a really great time on these last days of your expedition. Love you xxxx
hello benjy cahill! So hope everything is going well. Can't wait to hear what you've been up to. Thinking about you all the time. Feels like so long since we spoke and it's ges since we were together. Frightening to think we've got a similar length of time until we're together again. It's tough, but I'm so proud of you. wish I could give you a hug. Love you loads and loads and can't wait to see you again! x x me.
ReplyDeleteFor Jessica Bridge-Dunk Delta Yankee 2
ReplyDeleteHere is the weekly blog update from me ! You will be finsihed soon, which seems strange as only two minutes since you set off. Miss you loads.
Today has been beautiful weather as in fact it has been for the last few days except today was the first chance to enjoy it. Lots of gardening today, round the pond, power washing the patio, planted some nice bulbs, digging up some suckers. Such mundanity but enjoyed it all - Mum came out and sat by the pond for a while too and watched the fish - there's loads of them. Goldfish and Shubumpkins - remember you and Meg going to choose them, must be nearly ten years ago !
Had my ipod on for a bit on genius playlist and was enjoying it so much, did a brief dance on the patio ! Glad I wasnt listening to the football .. just watched it and we lost 3-0 away to Bolton except could have been 10 and I'm not joking. After a good run, we now look very much destined for relegation. Six games to go tho .. A and I might go to Man City away and I may also go to Blackburn at home. Then we are away on hols for last 2 games of the season. Will be home games that decide it - plus Wigan away. Three wins might keep us up.
Other than that, there is not much to report except when your blog hit the net. Mum did that thing when she shouts across the house as if it is the biggest emergency ever and you think a baddie has broken in. Well, it was to tell me that your blog was on ! After my heart had stopped beating, I had a read and sounds fun but really hard work. Twas a bit brief tho, lol !!
Love you loads little one ... facetime next weekend ?!! Dad xxxx
Sabina Bridge, Alpha Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteHey Bean! Tomorrow brings an update from your group I believe, I'm looking forward to seeing what you have been up to! The time has whizzed by so fast, I can't believe you're nearly into your last week there.
I hope the foot is getting better and that the phase is going well. You should have the school nearly built by now right?
Today has been a glorious day in London, so we had a BBQ. Alex and Curt came over, Kaylie was invited but fell asleep and then was off out to a meal with Yasmin (I am guessing this is a person you know so thought I would fill you in!)
Weirdly we used multiple ladders today to get access to the stairwell roof (utilizing a long accessible ladder to bridge a gap to gain get a smaller ladder. Previous attempts to get it - using a hover power cord as a lasso - epic failed!) Alex has been telling me about the horrors of child birth from his placement and apparently he had a horrible child birth too. Remind me about it and I'll tell you the details. Friday night was highly entertaining, not because of what I did, but because I found out that on Thursday Brendan woke up in the middle of the night because he couldn't roll over only to find that he was being spooned by a drunken Rusty in his pants!
Work life has been hectic lately. I will probably have to work all days up until the holiday from Monday (so I better enjoy tomorrow!) as our project isn't going as well as planned. I am now the "SFA HHESB Production Implementation Manager". Cool title right? WRONG! it is a milk monitors job :( which means I have loads of documentation to write. I have a new desk friend! This woman who has worked there for a while is now sitting next to me which is nice, we talk about anything and everything (although I feel I may be turning into...I can't remember the name of the person at your Uni who kept talking about their bf...but them, as I am always talking about you!)
I have been trying to look at the holiday stuff. I have arranged with your mum to stay in the hotel in Fisherman’s Wharf for the last week. This means that we will be able to go to the Golden gate bridge, Coit tower, Golden gate park, Chinatown and Alcatraz! (if you’re up for it?! maybe even get night tickets and go for a cruise around the bay...although we don't like boats!) I was thinking that we would chill for 3 days at the beginning, then maybe go and see the Neverland ranch as we are reasonable close, this only being a maybe, and the cruise to San Diageo and stay there, then pop over to the Grand Canyon, then to Las Vegas, then to SFO. What do you think?! It works out to be about a day’s drive, but seeing as we have 8 I think we can do it!
Most of your list has been completed, there are a couple of items I have to find, and I have also added a couple of my own to your list - found myself naming dress types and colours - and noticed a slight hint of sarcasm from your mum when she was asking about matching handbags! Grrr!!
Hope all is going well, can't wait to hear from you and then finally see you, it is all so close but yet so far! I'm in that stage where I want it to fly by but I have so much work and stuff to do I am thinking I may need an extra few weeks :p
All my love Tim xxx
Caroline Murray, Alpha Yankee 3.
ReplyDeleteHello, im so happy only a week and a day to go until i see you. Has flown by, cannot believe the time has finally come around. Iv got saturday and sunday off next week so can head up on the sunday and get an early night in, what a good result saves me driving up late after work. Iv also got the monday and tuesday off so we can chill out. Went to see Judith today, everything was fine and sure you will hear from her soon. The only bad thing was i was a little tender from the night before and havn't shaved for well over a week so probably looked like a tramp haha, But all was good. Ended up going plymouth last night and you will kill me it was with tubes, sophie and that lot. She sends her love and says she's up for that shopping trip you were planning. That's if you have any more money left haha. To be fair it was a pointless night didn't end up heading into plymouth until midnight, so had a bit of a mare really. Needed your words of wisdom. Not long at all until you can venture out with me, i seriously cant wait for that night- missing you a lot. You will be pleased to know i have exchanged all the money we need into euros so there's no chance of me spending it ha, tubes and soph might still be coming they have to see but they sound quite up for it, He's leaving the dartmoor next week, so has got the time off. Went to Taylors for a meal tonight with them, tk, jessie and brayer, so have been busy and as you can probably tell with the time iv sent this message stayed out for a bit after. Chilled out night really took it easy, got work tomorrow. Seen daisy in the ordulf, she also sends her love. Think you'll be able to see her for a bit before she heads off to Germany. Hope your loving life out there, not long before the white water rafting, know how excited you were about that and im slightly jealous as well. love you lots xxxx sam xxxx
Gemma hall alpha yankee 3
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday!!!!
Love you so much have loads of presents for yopu when you get back.
Lots of love tom xxxxxx
For Gemma Hall, Alpha Yankee 3.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Gemma!!!!!! You have now joined Abbie and Lizzie in old age haha! I hope you have an absolutely amazing day/ have had by the time you read this. I bet it will be the most amazing birthday yet. Not exactly sure what you are doing at the mo as think you have finished at the volcano but hope whatever it is it's absolutely brilliant. Although i'm sure you havent't got a cake quite as spectaciular as in previous years! I hope you are continuing to have loads of fun. You're back so soon now, I am very very very excited to see you!! Enjoy your last week. See you soon, can't wait! Loads and loads of love, Florence xxxxxxxx
For Ellie Spicer Alpha Yankee 5
ReplyDeleteHey girl hey! I cannot believe that you only have just over a week left, crazy how time flies eh! It looks like you're having the most incredible time out there Elza, jealous doesn't even cover it! Make the most of your last few days Elza bels, cannot wait to hear all about it in a few weeks time! My ears are ready for plenty of 'have I told you about my wastepaper bin?' moments don't you worry! Miss you so much Sticks, I've been avidly following the blog for any new updates! All's good out in France at the mo, the sun has finally come out and the beaches are already heaving. Things are starting to wrap up at this end. Last week at school coming up, so will probs be an emotional wreck at the end of the week with all the dreaded goodbyes! Sending you one big hatza hug, see you so soon. Lots and lots of love hats xxxxxx
For Ellie Spicer Alpha Yankee 5
ReplyDeleteHey girl hey! I cannot believe that you only have just over a week left, crazy how time flies eh! It looks like you're having the most incredible time out there Elza, jealous doesn't even cover it! Make the most of your last few days Elza bels, cannot wait to hear all about it in a few weeks time! My ears are ready for plenty of 'have I told you about my wastepaper bin?' moments don't you worry! Miss you so much Sticks, I've been avidly following the blog for any new updates! All's good out in France at the mo, the sun has finally come out and the beaches are already heaving. Things are starting to wrap up at this end. Last week at school coming up, so will probs be an emotional wreck at the end of the week with all the dreaded goodbyes! Sending you one big hatza hug, see you so soon. Lots and lots of love xxxxxx
For Victorine Pot, Delta Yankee 3
ReplyDeleteHey Vicky,
Happy Birthday!!! I hope you are having fun and you have an amazing day.
I can't wait to see you in two weeks already!
Love you, Tish xxxxx
For Rebecca Eno 11c Delta Yankee 2
ReplyDeleteHi Becca. Just finishing preparations for DofE in Black Mountains.V hot in UK so I hope M survives.T in Pompeii back Friday. Its going to be very peaceful, so M and I having a couple of days away too.Cant believe we get you back in just over a week.Have replanted the front garden and fixed the staircase but otherwise I think you will still recognise home.If anything your bedroom might be a tad tidier.Have stocked up on some delicious rice and beans for a welcome home feast.Hasta pronto.MM xxx
to chris reynolds delta yankee 2
ReplyDeletehi chris great to read the latest blog from your group hope you're all having fun - can't wait to hear about the lively dog incident - knowing your propensity for attracting strange dogs i wouldn't be surprised if you were involved in some way!!
Weather has been great here all weekend - got some tidying up done in the garden, and yesterday was the open day at the golf club -dad and Alan played 9 holes and got sunburnt!
jusy watching the Masters golf at the moment - Rory McIlroy is in the lead but Tiger's hot on his heels - will have to wait till morning to see the results as there's no way i'll manage to stay up to the end -got to be up for work in the morning. counting down the days till you get back now and can't wait to hear all about your adventures - have got the day off work next tuesday so will be at the airport to meet you....enjoy these last few days and take care.... loads of love from mum dad & Alanxxxxxxx
Max Chalong - Alpha Yankee 6:
ReplyDeleteMy Lord Samurai.
I know that this message of encouragement has taken some time to reach you, and I apologise for the delay. However my excuse is simple: A Shepherd is never late; he writes precisely when he means to.
My Bald Eagle. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Eagle of the West!
Kindest Regards,
'The Shepherd'
Emily C van de Bunt - Alpha Yankee 5:
ReplyDeleteDear Frau Van de Bunt,
I saw an angry German man the other day, and he reminded me of you.
All the best,
Your Second funniest English friend (behind Ed of course),
Don Benito Franco Stampo,
P.S. Send my love to Ellie. I couldnt bring myself to write something rude to her as she's just far too nice.
P.P.S. If I never see you again, I would just like you to know that you are almost definitely in my top 5 list of Dutch people who I've ever met (On Raleigh).
xx
For Camilla O'C Alpha Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteHi Cam. Got home from a ride yesterday just in time to see the last 30k or so of the Paris-Roubaix. A thrilling finish won by Johan Van Summeren (Garmin-Cervélo) with Cancellera in second. Van Summeren is a domestique and was riding for Thor but got his chance and took it with Cancellera gaining on him right to the line. Lots of crashes even off the cobbles. Van Summeren is over 6'5" and proposed to his girl friend as she rushed to congratulate him. Ahhh.
ManU and Arsenal both won and so it looks like it is over in the league. Next year. Off to Old Trafford with Louisa tomorrow. Torres hat trick perhaps?
Hope you are getting messages. There has been no news about your group for ages and the blog is only being updated infrequently. Looking forward to speaking to you soon and to seeing you next month.
Love you xxxx
Message for Samantha Tate
ReplyDeleteHello!
We have just had our first BBQ! We had sausages, lamb skewers and chicken!! Also we broke up a week early... Ha ha! And me and Emma went to see the king and I AND went to bella italia AND we had ice-cream!!!!!!!!!! Any way bye bye !!
love from Olivia
Message to David Eames
ReplyDeleteDelta Yankee 5
Hi Dave, Couldn't believe it when I saw you'd been teaching in the local village. Seems like the old professions' calling you! Jobs here are worse than ever! Rachel had an interview in London on Monday but despite good feedback didn't get it. There were 33 for just one job there.
She has a new boyfriend Mat who is nice and seems to be treating her well. Dad has been porrly but much better now. Couldn't even walk last week end in the malverns. Luckily the hotel room had a view to die for and a DVD player!
On holiday now for a couple of weeks and really enjoying the lie ins! (01.45 today you would have been proud!)
Enjoy your last few days. Looking forward to speaking to you soon.
Love from Nanny and all this end. Loads of people have asked after you and I've forwarded the blogs from your end to everyone in an e mail.
take care,
Love, Mum xxx
Si Keirle Delta Yankee 4
ReplyDeleteHi Si,
Your face has always been so easy to read and the wonderful smile on your face in all the photos tell the story of your trip. It is so obvious that you have had the most wonderful time. I can't believe that you are coming to the end of your Raleigh experience, it seems to have gone so quickly, although I have missed you enormously. I hope we have an opportunity to talk on the phone before you start your travels.I am around on Saturday if you get a chance to call.
You haven't missed much on the football front. Chelsea are still misfiring on all cylinders and Torres has still not scored after 10 games. He looks like a fish out of water. They were poor against Man Utd in the first leg of the Champions League quater finals, losing 1-0 and Man Utd dominated to win 2-1 at Old Trafford. The Scoreline flattered Chelsea and Man Utd were a class apart.
I had a long discussion with Capello before the Tottenham v Real Madrid game yesterday evening and in his view Man Utd are not a better team they just believe in themselves more and know how to win!. Very interesting speaking to him - his english is still very poor (but better than my Italian).
Spurs lost 4-0 in Madrid, having had Crouch sent off in the 14 minute. Played well to half time when they were 1-0 down, but Madrid's class told in the second half and Spurs were well beaten. Their was a fantastic atmosphere at the Lane last night and even some hope in the crowd that they could turn the tie around, but as my Client from Israel emailed yesterday "miracles only happen in the Bible" and he was right. Great game, Spurs played really well and lost 1-0 to a stupid mistake from Gomes. So lost overall 5-0. Madrid were fantastic and the crowd were singing "sh.. Barcelona, your just a sh.. Barcelona". Fantastic!.
So Real Madrid play Barcelona in the Semi final and Man Utd play Shalke who beat Inter Milan 7-3 on aggregate.
There is still everything to play for in the league but Man Utd must be favourite for the title. chelsea will need to find some form if they are to get 3rd or even fourth. Man city got stuffed 3-0 by Liverpool at the weekend and Spurs won against Stoke. Still about 8 clubs in the fight for relegation. Wigan seem likely to go with Wolves. I sincerely hope West Ham go down as well. Brighton got promoted to the Championship with about 8 games to go, so great timing with us opening the new stadium in July.
All well at home. work still difficult and not helped by Spurs decision to seek a judicial review on the Olympic Stadium decision. But we carry on. Looking forward to easter and the royal wedding which means we get a good break. Matt is close to a big promotion which will be great.Nick is recovering slowly from glandular fever.
Have to go and do some work but will email more over the weekend. Have a great last week or so and hope to talk soon.
Lots of love Dad