After a 7 hour bus journey, which included a cheeky visit to Mc Donalds, Delta Yankee 3 reach Piedras Blancas National Park. on getting here the group quickly adjusted to life in the jungle, sightings of frogs, lizards, monkeys, snakes and other creepy crawles became a regualar occurrence. One girl, Sarah, whilst having a shower, had a frog watching over her, CHEEKY FROG!!
The group have also just completed construction of the jungle camp complete with bashas beds, kitchen and dining area as well as a jungle gym, all of which is made out of bamboo, string, tarp and wood.
In the morning, from 7am-11am the group work on a trail which was started in phase 1 and will be completed by the end of this phase. Its safe to say, there isn't much in life, that betters the feeling of jumping into a cold river as a group, after a hard days work getting dirty and sweaty from using pickaxes and spades, not to mention the heat and humity.
In the meantime, Luiz the ranger has done a great job providing fresh fruits and vegetables such as; agua manzana (water apples), coconuts and guavas.
In the evening Luiz has kept the group entertained in the ranger station letting us watch films like borat, which turn out to be a great film even for Costa Ricans and Nicaraguans. The group looks forward to spending more time with Luiz in his ranger stations on the sofas with a warm cup of tea in hand.
Who would thought we were in the Jungle?
Monday, 4 April 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To Freddy Soames (Delta Yankee 3)
ReplyDeleteBaby, you rock my world :) I have no idea how you did it, but thank you so much for the flowers and the note, it was a most amazing surprise, just absolutely incredible, something out of a fairytale. I was not expecting anything like it, was just thinking back to Val d'Isere'09 and well everything since then...you really have outdone yourself this time, thank you so much, made me one very very happy girl today :)
The roses are absolutely stunning , they are so huge and numerous, I had to put them into a bucket because they wouldn't fit into any vase!!! But I'm not complaining! :D You really are the best boyfriend there can be, so it's a very happy anniversary to you too. Thinking of you every day and missing you like never before, but also hoping you are having an amazing time out there. Please enjoy your travels as long as you want to, I'll be waiting :)
I saw your mum last week, Tash and Charlie yesterday - they are all very well, all missing you lots and so is my family and well, everyone back here.
Hope the last phase goes really well, can't wait to hear from you again.
And take care, mon amour.
With all my love and a million bisous,
Your kroshka xxx
Delta yankee 4
ReplyDeleteSarah Malcomson
hello sarah!!!! hope all goes very well for you and your team, i`m sure you are having a lot of fun because you are with Andres again, now after 3 phases he is like your son haha
Enjoy it sarita, and practice your espanish!
hugs tuti
Para: yendry castro/delta yankee 2
ReplyDeletede : su papá.
Estoy deseando que llegue a la casa, para poder verla, abrazarla y besarla mucho.
Deseo que esté disfrutando de esta ultima etapa y que se encuentre bien.
Me hace mucha falta.
Te amo muchisimo.
chao
Delta yankee 2
ReplyDeleteIvan Phillips
Ivyyy!!! hope you're still alive haha
you are best momotombo's trekkers i have konwn!
hope everything is going really fine there! enjoy it again!
please say hi to yendry and nacho, also that i'm missing them lots and lots!!
tuti
Delta yankee 3
ReplyDeleteKelly Reyes
Mamá kelly!!! diviertase mucho, aprenda mucho, coma mucho!! yo aqui estudiando como loquita, me estoy muriendo x estar ahi con todos uds pero no importa ya casi los veo!
siga viviendo cada día a lo máximo que pueda y guarde muchos recuerdos bonitos para que me cuente cuando vuelvan!! lo quiero mamilla!!
un abrazotee tuti
Delta yankee 6
ReplyDeleteKaz Laird
hey chataaa!!! how are you!! missing you and everyone there! hope you are having an amazing time! enjoy it lots and lots! you are almost done! say hello to the girls!
try to be normal man! :)
see you soon! big hugs tuti
Delta yankee 2
ReplyDeleteYendry, Nacho
Queridos Princesos: hoy me acorde de uds xq vi una hamburguesa toda aplastada, y me remonte a aquellos viejos tiempos cuando devorabamos comida sin ningun motivo igual que las palomas del parque.
Les cuento que Mau y Andrés me dejaron ayer un mensajeado mensaje mientras yo estaba haciendo un examen de esos de los que uno sale como con un mono tocando platillos dentro de la cabeza, y fue tan tan lindo, obviamente eran puras tombolas sin sentido que me hicieron muyy feliz el día y después de eso me dio cosita y nostalgia de acordarme de Raleigh y del trek tan chuzo que uds estan haciendo, seguro ya vieron un monton de chanchitos y unas vistas nada más que perfectas, y sintieron el ácido y la bipolaridad diaria que a uno le da jaja es lo mejor, si los tiesillos se ponen delicados mandenlos a comer zacate limon o a recoger frambuesas x caminos suavecitos
bueno cosillos sin mas por el momento y deseandoles mucha paz y amor y entrepiernamientos y fuerzas para el camino que les queda, me despido triste y felizzz
un abrazooo tuti
Si Keirle- Delta Yankee 4
ReplyDeleteHey Si,
I wrote you a really long message yesterday and lost it so you may not be getting my best work!
I am really sorry i missed you last weekend, it would have been really good to speak to you! I've had a look through some of your pictures and blogs and it looks and sounds like you're having an amazing time, my favourite story is still you acting out the mexican soap opera although i may have to tell jack you're cheating on him!!
Things are still the same here, work is work although it is a lot better now Pamela has left! i get to interview some people for my assistant next week!!... it's all a bit of a joke, but its all going pretty well.
Apart from that there really isn't much to tell!
I'm hoping to go up to Leeds soon to see everyone, so i'll fill you in on any stories, i'm sure something has happened since i was last there!
I'm so proud of you for getting into Vet school, you're going to be an incredible vet! If you ever need someone to test you let me know. I may be moving closer to London soon, Amy (who came to our summer ball last year) and i are looking to get a house in reading, it may be sorted by the time you come home or towards the end of the summer, so you'll have to come and see it! if you ever want a break you are always welcome!
You are doing so well and i can't wait to see all the pictures and hear all the stories when you get back! I hope you've managed to celebrate you getting into vet school out there with all your new friends but when you get back we will have to organise a double celebration you coming home and your great news!!
I'll try and set up skype again soon so if you ever get the chance it would be so good to catch up. I hope you're still having an amazing time, be careful and keep us updated on how you're doing. Hopefully next time we speak i'll have some more exciting things to tell you other than work!!
lots of love, Heather xxx
Jessy Boon Cowler - Delta Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteWooopwwooop. You're coming home so soon!!!
I'm in the middle of this job at the mo - getting mega stressed out and doing too many days at ant at the same time. When I came back from france I had already been scheduled to do so much work and now I'm ill and tired. :(
Can't wait to hear all your exciting stories and see all your pics!!!! SO EXCITING!!!!! I can't even imagine chattin on the phone xxxxxxxx
p.s. yesterday the woman from truman show was in ant. it was really exciting. xxxxxx
For Rebecca Eno 11C Delta Yankee 2,
ReplyDeleteDear Becca,
Still no news!!! We're all wondering what has happened to the group and what you're up to. Sorry didn't send you a blog for a couple of days, on Sunday night we were driving back from Torquay and yesterday Maddy by mistake unplugged the homehub or something.
Went to Issy's house yesterday and chilled, playing and chatting. Then spent the evening making a One Direction poster...! it was definitely worth it though- the poster is brill :P
Today i am just doing boring homework and revision, wednesday and Thursday I have got lacrosse camp and on Friday i am off to Pompeii which should be fun! I am there for a week so apologies in advance that i will not be able to write any blogs :( Just letting you know so that you won't feel unloved next week! I'll send you lots when i get back.
I'm stuck in the kitchen today as all the stairs are being varnished so we cannot walk on them! So i had to get all my stuff this morning before the builders got here and i was stuck in my room.
Also I just realised I forgot to tell you a couple of weeks ago- we won lacrosse middlesex!! So very very happy and pleased :)
Hope not too bad blisters or anything and you are having a fantastic time.
Loads of love,
Tilly xxxxxx <3
For Hannah Leach - Alpha Yankee 4
ReplyDeleteHi Darling
I saw you managed to get on FB a few days ago. Thought you might have kicked the habit by now!
So you only have about 10 days left now. Must be funny to think of the adventure coming to an end. I'm sure you'll make the most of it.
It has suddenly got very hot here - 39 degrees, overcast, dusty and humid - not nice at all. Hopefuly it will pass before Barnaby arrives on Friday.
Saw Dan and Chloe yesterday, but sadly they will have gone back to UK by the time you get here.
Still missing you loads.
Hugs and kisses
Mum
Jessy BC, Delta Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteA B! C D? It's FREEZING here.
Love ya xxx
For Jessica Bridge-Dunk Delta Yankeee 2
ReplyDeleteHi Bunny,
Hope you got my last message as I sent it to D Y 3 .Must be losing the plot.
Rebecka on the hunt for an interesting suit. Have you got any ideas ? You can think where to look for one as you walk along.
The weather here is warming up and am looking forward to some sunny days. I may even catch up with you and be lovely and brown by the time you come home.
Hoping that the veg box is going to have asparagus in today.Going to show Daddy how to steam it and add to his cooking skills.Hopefully will have some lovely new pots too.
Sorry if all this talk of tasty treats is torment.
Your group still not on the blog so am looking forward to seeing you .Must be tomorrow!
Sending you lots of love and kisses your Mummy x
Camilla O'Connell Alpha Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteHi Darling, thinking of you on your very special day...wishing we were with you to help you celebrate. What a fantastic place to have a birthday. Well, we shall certainly celebrate in Managua, that's for sure.
Hope all is going well with the construction. You will be able to help Daddy with DIY in future!!! Hope you are playing hard too.
So looking forward to speaking to you when you are back in Turialba. Oh, got a letter from UCAS confirming your acceptance of your Leeds place, you will be pleased to hear.
Have a fantastic 19th birthday amorcito.
Muchos besos Mummy.
P.S. Grandpa sends his love and best wishes to you. He did send you a message but it might not have got through.
Alette Jansen, Alpha Yankee 4
ReplyDeleteHa die lieve schat! Dat was leuk om je onverwachts even op FB te hebben gesproken! Het is nu echt aftellen geblazen. We zijn allemaal zo benieuwd naar je verhalen. We hopen dat we nog iets van je groep terugvinden op de blog deze week. Ik verwacht er maar niets van, je zit weer zo ver weg! Hier is de lente echt begonnen, prachtige bloezem overal en al heerlijke zonnige dagen. Pappa heeft zich op de tuinstoelen gestort, haha, zien er minder groen uit! Gilles heeft deze week toetsweek en kreeg gisteren te horen dat hij weer in de B1 zit! Hij is super blij! Met Beikje alles goed, moet haar nu wel echt in de auto tillen.Verder gaat alles hier z'n gangetje. Lieverd nog veel plezier en tot snel!! HVJ, dikke kussen paps&mams,Gilles en een knuf van Beike.
For Jessica Bridge-Dunk, Delta Yankee 2
ReplyDeleteHey J-bird,
Just thought I'd drop you another hello! Been in York today. Dentists and hairdressers. Haha since I've been seeing new hygienists they've been a lot more lenient than Jackie used to be! They always just say, 'Ooooh, what lovely teeth, not much for me to do here'. Then went shopping!! Meant to go to library to do research project but have done NONE of it today. Oh well! There were some nice things in Sarah Coggles that weren't too designer-price-tagy. So I got a dress and top. The dress has palm trees and boats on it.
http://www.coggles.com/item/Emily-and-Fin/Lucy-Hawaiian-Dress/8PQT
If you can't click on the link cos the message has been printed out, imagine!
Dan has baked some hot cross buns. They're amazing!!!! Don't be too jealous though, it's still cold and grey here (albeit a bit lighter in the mornings). Dan has been texting Mum all night. They text about the archers extra or something (I think it's Radio 4's equivalent of Hollyoaks uncut!) and asparagus in the veg box!
Well, that's my news for another day anyway. Oh, apart from we had someone come round to do a quote for cleaning our windows. £7!!!!!! Yes, that's right, SEVEN POUNDS! They really are grubby though. Wonder if he took that into consideration.
Hope you're well and not too blistery. Won't ask you any questions cos you can't really respond but suffice to say that I would be very interested if you could tell me ;-)
LOVE YOU LOADS! x x
p.s. news on the suit front is that I've ordered one from Hobbs NW3 (it's 'contemporary' collection). We'll see what it's like when it comes. Jigsaw had a beautiful navy one but unfortunately a little pricey for moi at £290 for jacket and trousers.
p.p.s. sorry if my post gives the impression that you have a very materialistic sister. To balance that, perhaps I ought to add that I reached the limit on the books I'm allowed to take out of the library today (23!). And, geekily, I'm quite excited about taking some of them to read on the train to Scotland next week!
x x x x x x x x x
For Camilla O'C - Alpha Yankee 6.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday and great news.
Spurs lost 4-0 to Real Madrid. Crouch was sent off after 15 minutes (and deservedly so) when they were already 1-0 down and then they collapsed in the second half.
Kloden has moved into the lead of the Tour of the Basque Country after the second day. Andy Schleck came third (just behind Kloden) today but is not up there in the General Classification.
Went to Gloucester today and am off to Zurich tomorrow. Back Thursday evening. Will miss the first leg game against ManU tomorrow as I will be dining with clients. Had to give my tickets away. Second leg next Tuesday.
Hope you had a fun day and have a chance to get some R&R at some stage.
Love you xxxx
For Martha Gray, Alpha 6
ReplyDeleteHeya Martha
Just read your letter. EXTREMELY disappointed you didn't mention the different dicotyledons you've seen in your travels so am expecting a full report to make up for that when you get home. Other than that was great, incredibly jealous apart from the whole climbing mountains thing which sounds awful and tiring. Thanks for the Wii tips, have now found the controllers - sadly still got no mug though, reckon they're waiting until you're home for that. Haven't got anything else to say other than Kirstie made me buy shoes and we're all having fun playing Spot Martha in the photos on the blog - favourite's the one of you down the toilet... Bye for now!
Caroline Murray, Alpha Yankee 3.
ReplyDeletehello, just a really quick message, as its now 1 o'clock and iv got to be up early doors tomorrow, didn't want to ignore you as it's now the first time iv not spoke to you in a few days haha how tragic. Hope all is well, cant believe it's under two weeks until you come back im counting down the days. I love you so much and il write you a long message tomorrow. Take care :) xxxxxxxxxxxxx sam xxxxxxxxxxxx
Jessy bc delta Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteArghh!!! This phone hates this blog or vice versatile, just lost 30min message, well I have a copy so will email it to my self and try loading it from computer at work. Frustrating!!!!! Love you night night xxxx
For Simon Keirle Delta Yankee 4
ReplyDeleteHi Simon
The sun is shining and it's going to be 21 degrees today which is so welcome. Not quite the case for you as I would imagine you'd welcome some cooler weather. No pics on the blog yet of your group but I'm hoping there will be some soon. A letter arrived for you, handwritten envelope addressed to Si Keirle and with what seems to be a small card inside, maybe an invitation? Also, a letter for Jay from Jamie Oliver's but I have no idea how to forward it to him. Hopefully not important.
I'm going to the last Old Tiffs match on Saturday - will let you know how it goes. Spurs lost 4-0 to Real Madrid last night, painful to watch. So that's it now for them in the Champions League. Chelsea playing tonight.
Not sure if I told you in my last message - Nick has glandular fever and is really fed up at the moment. He couldn't do the Relay for Life charity run last Saturday and has pulled out of the play he was rehearsing for as he says he feels completely wiped out all the time. I hope it doesn't spoil his last two months in the states too much.
Matt came over last Sunday (Mothers Day) and cooked me a really good meal. For my birthday present he is going to come and do a day's gardening as he has a couple of weeks off over Easter. I will appreciate that and he is so short of money that it makes sense all round.
Can't wait to speak to you again when you get back to base and remember to let me know what you have decided about Glastonbury.
Lots of love, Mum xx
alfa yankee 2 carol fernandez carito espero que se encuentre bien que este disfrutando de esta esperada caminata dia dia cuando camino me translado donde usted esta un ejemplo los dos domingos anteriores eh caminado mucho como 3 horas y media llegando casi a cascajal se siente uno tam bien. por aqui todo esta bien lo que ha pasado ya se lo contaremos faltan 10 dias asi que aprovecha al maximo lo que queda por es una experiencia unica.un gran saludo y abrasote te amamos papa
ReplyDeleteTo Chloë Webster Alpha Yankee 1
ReplyDeleteHi there darling one. It was great to read more about the trek and I expect you are now on the hard bit and having to keep going. Although it sounds as if you have some amazing views to distract you.Think Mummy and keep plodding on!!
Gorgeous Spring sun here today and I have been gardening with the Joseph replacement. Hannah is here and cutting Sam's hair on the terrace! Hen has gone off to do a job with Stuarts. Osky is having a cuddle with Sam and he says that she says 'miaow' to you!
Sam has just told me that you left a message on Facebook (how?) about Skype. Very exciting. I will work out the time as we are planning a weekend in France, just hopping over to do Dad's trench/ beach landings tour. We'll take one of our laptops so the boys will send you the Skype address via FB.We have gone into British summer time (clocks gone forward) so France will be an hour ahead.
MBs come this weekend - poor A. Jacks is still on her crutches. Gris is coming too, and we'll do a party for her, as it was her birthday yesterday. Daddy will be in Aldeburgh on a boys' weekend with Charlie LS.
I shall keep watching the blog for more news, but you must be nearing the end now. I bet you can't believe it - I'm sure you'll be relieved to get your pack and boots off, and sad at the thought of leaving the new friends.We're thinking of you every day and sending SO much love and a million hugs.
With all my love Mumma
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delta Yankee 5
ReplyDeleteOlivia Christie
Just a very quick one to hopefully put a smile on your face. You have a longer message to look forward to when you can finally get back onto facebook.
Hope your having a sweet time with whatever you are up to. You never told me what it was, so dont really know! When will you get internet again??
BE HAPPY!
Once again...nothing naughty...impressed??
Xxxx
Jessy BC Delta Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteHi there Beelet, hope all is well. Less than two weeks until we see you! I hope you got the news about the flights and that you won't be too disappointed, but we'll all be off work on your birthday! Howard is coming over and we're off to a Creatives do at the Power Station, might be fun and useful for Howie. The black cat is giving Terry hell, he's had to throw biscuits to distract her so he could get down the hall!!! So terrifying for a small creature, you'd be proud. I'm looking forward to seeing you and the pics of all the small creatures you've encountered there, and the rest... Will go and make myself gorgeous now, or attempt it. Love you and can't wait to see you and hear your news. Mum xxx
Para Dawn Tennant,Delta Yankee 2.
ReplyDeleteHello lovely Dawn, Hope you are enjoying your last few weeks and coping well with the bakpack! Dad and I are off to Valencia tomorrow thursday 7th for Edu's wedding. Back on monday 11th. Fantastic weather here, but prob not as good as what you are having there. Can't wait to see you and hear all about it. Harry is looking gorgeous and wants a big hug from his favourite auntie! Had his first lot of jabs yesterday. Ana survived the night as he was fine. Ana and harry went to harps today to spend the day with sue and also to try the bridesmaids dresses on but Sue is still waiting for them. Apparently they are in the UK now but needs to pay something to customs if she wants to get them! Daniel is fine too. Busy organising things for joe's stag. Wont say
much in case joe sees this! He is looking forward to gettign back here too. Somehow, he cannot find this, so he is missing all the updates and cannot send you messages via the blog. You know what he is like....But prob he is emailing you. Miss you loads. Take care and have fun. Muchos besoooootes. M.xxxxxxxx
For Jessica Bridge-Dunk Delta Yankee 2
ReplyDeleteHi Bunny,
Just a very quick one as has been a really busy day and am worn out.
Daddy says has been the hottest day of the year so far.
Really, really, really missing you. Think we would be used to you not being here by now but it seems not!
Hope all well with you today. Your Mummy x x
For Louise Simpson, Alpha Yankee 2:
ReplyDeleteHiya Lou!
Just to let you know my flight landed safe and sound last night on my return form Vietnam and H.K. Feeling pretty jetlaged lol, but other than that all is good! I had a really awesome time, kinda sad to be back, but at the same time its sooo nice to be able to relax again. And I had a good hug with Baggy on my arrival home too. But god have I missed cheese lol!
I'd also like to wish you happy 11 month-iversary for tomorrow, and thank you for putting up with me for so long! I can't wait for the next one though, sitting together on a (hopefully) sunny beach in Cornwall, I actually can't wait! I miss you so very much Louise, but not too long to go now.
I hope/am sure you're having an amazing time out on the trek. Its a hell of a way, but hang on in there babe! And soon enough you'll be back and we can have the massive airport hug I've been looking forward to for so long (this is if you want to come home by then, lol) And knowing that by the time you get this you'll nearly be home is so cool! I miss you sooo much babe, but all I have to think is that there's only like 12 days left and then we can be together again, yay! I'm so excited, I'm getting things ready and planning stuff we can do when you get back already lol! (well now I'm home I've gotta do something to pass the time :p) And your 4th letter arrived today too, but I haven't opened any of them yet, I'm gonna try and space them out in the time left before you're home :)
I love you Lou, an awful lot. Make the most of your time left out there (which I guess by the time you're gonna be able to read this there's not going to be much left, but hey), don't worry about stuff at home, be safe, but most of all have fun! And I'll be here waiting for you with open arms for when you return!
Once more, I love you!
Tom.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For Ellie Spicer - Alpha Yankee 5
ReplyDeleteDear Ellie
1. Am devastated to learn that my 108 letters to you have been lost by the Costa Rican postal service. Had wanted to write more but mum said that I should not over communicate!
2. Need to discuss Adele lyrics question with you urgently upon return.
3. Morty relieved that Aunty Victoria has returned to Canada without her usual inspection of his posterior.
4. Hattie met French boys today whilst kayaking but failed to get phone numbers - quelle domage!
5. Ford Ka is being well run in for your return !!
Hope all well with you & you are enjoing your final phase.Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures. Much love. Nigeletina xx
For Chris Reynolds Delta Yankee 2
ReplyDeleteHi Chris. looking forward to hearing how the treks going - hopefully there'll be news of your group soon - just watched the man u v chelsea champions league game utd won 1-0 but a bit nail biting towards the end! Alan went to indoor nets on Monday - war has apparently broken out cos youre not back for the Donny game!!- its at Buggy this year on the 16th, with the season proper starting the week after - not sure if youve lost any weight, or put any on! hope your kit still fits!! Also we need to shift Josies drum kit out of the pavilion, so will have to bring it back to the house for now. Got to get my camera out as I've been commissioned to provide photos for our area branches!! Unfortunately its unpaid!! but should be fun -tour of the graveyards coming up!
anyway, must go now as need my beauty sleep haha!!....love Mum xxxxxxxxxxx PS. love from Dad & Alan too!
To Annelotte Jens, Delta Yankee 3
ReplyDeleteHi Annelotte, mooie foto van jullie daar liggend op de grond, vast heel erg moe van het harde werken ! Ik kan me niet voorstellen hoe zwaar het is in het klimaat daar, of valt dat mee ? Gisteren de verjaardag van Roos gehad, ze hadden op school haar fiets versierd en hoog opgehangen ! Hier zijn ´s middags wat vriendinnen geweest om taart te eten en fajitas (eten jullie die daar ook ?). Nu is ze op schoolreisje naar Ypre. Het is hier heel mooi weer geworden, Pieter is zelfs buiten aan het studeren. O ja, Danny heeft meegegeten op Roos verjaardag en hij is blij dat we je terugreis geboekt hebben voor de 25ste. Dit weet je misschien nog niet, maar later kon niet want dat werd veel duurder. Wel had je tot 11 mei kunnen blijven, maar leek ons te laat. Ik heb uac tel conferentie afgezegd, zie later maar in je e-mail. Heel veel liefs van ons allemaal, mam
Caroline Murray, Alpha Yankee 3.
ReplyDeleteMurray dog hope all is going ok, cannot believe your nearly coming back, although it feels so long. Such a good feeling. I said i would write a big message, but sadly it's past one o'clock and iv once again got to be up early, went chams after work with john, was good fun and had a few beers and chilled out. seriously cant wait for your return, only one more day of work and im off for two days, so i promise il update you with the latest over those days, although your not missing out on alot. Love you so much :) xxxx sam xxxx
Lucy Pearson Delta Yankee 4
ReplyDeleteHi Lucybone, was machst du? I am just at rainbow doing some maths and programming, but my programme doesn't work which isn't very good. I was at work early with Alex this morning for a special flight which is testing equipment for a team who are building something to land on the Moon. The team is kind of a big deal, it is led by one of the guys who invented ISU, and it is the leader of this competition called google lunar X prize which is a competition to build something and land it on the moon. Anyway, I got there with Alex really early, because I stayed over so that I could give her a lift because she is flying to LA with the airship and didn't want her car to be stuck at work. Anyway, there was someone on the team who I did ISU with! So that was a nice jolly surprise. And him and another of my ISU friends in SF are coming to the big Yuri's night party on Saturday. (Which is at the mansion this year). Remember the room at the mansion downstairs with the little table in it? Just opposite the kitchen? Not the big main room with the big table but the other little room downstairs. Basically, for the party on Sat we have turned it into a 'mystery' room, so we built a wall to block off the main opening and hung a throw over so that when you're in the kitchen you can't tell it's there and you just think it's a throw with a wall behind it. Then there is another opening by the front door which is like a little arch and is about door sized. We put a bookshelf across 3/4 of that and then built a secret door in the other 1/4 which looks like it's just wall. You have to pull a book on the bookshelf which opens the latch and lets you into the secret room! The floor is mostly covered in matresses and pillows with throws draped down off the walls, and then there is like little walkway in and a square for a shisha smoking thing. So it is like a mystery hippy room!!! It is mostly done, but we are decorating it with the throws and stuff tonight :-). L'addition while I am here I am going to Portland for a few days to visit my friend Jeanie. I don't have to go to that video shoot thing the day after you arr-ive anymore, and I'm having my hoop jam on the saturday so that you can come too :-) I am having a nice time driving my car around CA B-) (that's meeeeee, that's what Iiiii look like) Toodle vez xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
for Jess H, Delta Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteHallo darling.. how's the chocolate? Wanted to let you know my Christmas present arrived - perfect timing for a flower day, so they're tucked up in their new bed & basking in Spring sunshine. Very inciting!! Lots of playing in the garden cos hols started last Friday & not even going to Eigg: Pa left this morning. He'll be home briefly before heading off for Argentina. He is pleased as punch you are going to meet up. And some happy news for Julia W, who got engaged on her birthday: they are all very happy. AND (is this even more exciting?) we have frogspawn in the pond!!!! First time and due to my spawn-napping from school last year. My very own tadpoles...froglets..!! But no turtles. Love you sweetheart XXXX Mama
To Gilles Bouman, Delta Yankee 1
ReplyDeleteLiefjeeeeee!
Pfff je bent alweer 2 maanden weg!!! De tweede maand ging wel echt veeeeel sneller dat de eerste maand. Het missen gaat echt een stuk beter de laatste weken, denk wel veel aan je maar ben niet meer echt verdrietig ofzo. Gaat wel prima eigenlijk:) Denk dat het ook wel komt omdat al bijna naar je toe kom! Ben echt nu al zenuwachtig om je weer te zien...
Ik heb eigenlijk niet zo veel te vertellen maar dacht stuur toch maar even een berichtje, dat zal hij vast leuk vinden. Vind je ook wel leuk toch?? Nou ik ga wel gewoon een beetje lullen.
Ik kom net terug van de sportschool. Jaja de sportschool. Mijn vader wou zijn abbonement opzeggen maar had nog twee maanden te gaan en toen kon ik zijn abbonement voor 15 euro over laten zetten op mijn naam. Ik doe echt mijn best om af te vallen, heb echt al weken niet meer gesnoept. Maar het lukt gewoon niet!!! Alles wat ik weer ben aangekomen door die stomme pil wil er gewoon echt niet meer af, schijtirritant. Nou ik ga nog even hard mijn best doen de komende 2,5 week voordat ik weer mijn bikini aan moet. Ze hebben ook een zonnebank op de sportschool, daar ga ik denk ik ook maar is even onder!
Vanavond ga ik even een drankje met Do doen, die vertrekt bijna naar Azie dus daar ga ik nog even afscheid van nemen. En morgen heb ik feestje van Willem en Jesse, denk dat dat wel gekkenhuis gaat worden. Ik kan wel een leuk feestje gebruiken na die tentamens en al dat werken afgelopen weekend. Oja ik ga volgende zondag naar woodstock! jaja het seizoen is weer begonnen.
Ben niet zo veel naar college geweest deze week... ben er echt even klaar mee. Maar volgende 2 weken ga ik wel even alles goed bijhouden want ik mis al genoeg als ik in Panama zit. En ik ga gewoon lekker veel met vriendinnen afspreken en lekker veel sporten. Dan gaan de weken hopelijk heel snel en voor ik het weet zit ik al in het vliegtuig naar jou toe!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jessy boon cowler delta Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteHiya! Having trouble posting comments as can't load blog properly and phone freaks out if message is too long. I've pitched reviewing sonar for pop matters and they've accepted, just sorting accreditation out now...they asked if I was or knew a photographer..I wonder who I recommended! I am trying to sort out getting u a phopass so fingers crossed! (I hope u are interested and that I'm not jumping the gun!) back to work now, love you! Will write more when technology permits. Alex xxxxxxxxxx
For Duaa Al-Uzairy, Alpha Yankee 6
ReplyDeleteHey Da3Doo3,
How are you sweet petal? the blog posted some news about your project but there were no pics of you :( I hope that you're still having a wonderful time and enjoying every minute of it.
I can't believe you'll be home soon! It feels like you've been away for 3 years, but at the same time it feels like the time has flown by! lectures officially finish after easter, then I have exams in May!! Can you believe it Du? I'm actually scared, fingers crossed I'll do briliantly! Oh not to forget my project thats due in September...which reminds me, I began recruiting participants so its pay back time for all the favours I ever did for you!!
The weather has been lovely here, its so hot that even I wore sandals...and that says a lot! It probably won't last though as this is England!Mama has been working hard in the garden, I just wish I had the time to go there and chill!
I had a dream last night that I went to Peru on holiday, and was by the beach and there were these three lizards that jumped on me! I started to scream and jumped out of bed like a looney shaking the lizards off...then I realsied it was all a dream (I used to read word up magazine...lol sorry I saw an opportunity and had to take it)! F thought I was possessed :(
That's all from the Alutskys back home, we all miss you like crazy and can't wait to see you...I'm counting 2 1/2 weeks!!!!!
I love you loads bff! ttyl
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Message for JoJo Huddie, Delta Yankee 5
ReplyDeleteHi Hon,
Thinking of you often and sending lots of hugs across the airwaves. Hope the hands are healing and that you are having a fab time again, with a new kind of magic. Can't believe you are half way through your final project already. All well here - have had a feverish bug, Paul's tooth still nasty and didn't get the job, but everything is fine. Honest. Lovely sunshine and have bought 45 litres of paint to cover the walls outside. Now that would make a good project for your team, yes?
Have fun darling. Love you megatons. Mum xxxxxxxxx
hi, Noon,
ReplyDeleteAunt Romesary had her hip replacement done successfully, Her and Nick are both well and send thier love.
Alexander H has been over for a week to do some revision.
Charlotte is coming home for easter holls. the weather has been brill we hope it will stay nice for her.
Try and keep us in touch more when you start your inderpendant traveling. much love Mum and Dad xxx
PS I saw the Moynihan's the other day Eva said she tryed to send a message. they all send thier love.
For Rebecca Eno 11C Delta Yankee 2,
ReplyDeleteHello Becca,
I just had a little bit of a spaz moment and just as I was about to post the comment closed the page and it got rid of EVERYTHING I'd written, very annoying! Anyway, I'll try to remember all that i wrote :)
I can't believe that in a week and a bit you'll be back home- Yay!! I'm so excited, maybe you'll come and see me at the end of the day... :)
Just to remind you that I'm in Pompeii from tomorrow for a week so sorry that you won't get any blogs from me, maybe I can get Mummy to pass on a message but unfortunately it's unlikely :( Looking forward to Italy though and frantically packing and trying to remember everything (yet she still has time to write a blog to her lovely sister!).
Today I had my lacrosse camp, I thought it was really boiling here but then realised that you're in an even sunnier place which is REALLY hot! Lax was hard work but really good and fun and in the afternoon we played games. But there was an odd number of U13 groups so they chose our group to play a match against the U16s. But guess what, we drew 2-2!! Impressed?! It was so fun but the other team were pretty embarrassed!
Mummy is now telling me I have to go and get packed right now because otherwise I will not physically be able to get out of bed in the morning if I'm tired! So unfortunately I will have to love you and leave you and hopefully pass on messages to Mummy or Daddy.
Loads and loads of love from,
Toorah xxxxx
or Victorine Pot- Delta Yankee 3
ReplyDeleteMy little shmooooofy poooofy!
After hearing u've been ill ive started to become worried about u my little braaby! are u not taking ur medicines?
I'm sorry i haven't left u any messages lately.. i do not like not being able to speak to u and more importantly not being able to see ur byooootiful' face :'). but ye i guess skype isnt an option atm... hahaaha
There isn't much news i have to tell u. Here the weather has been raatha lovely the last few days and the days are longer which means its almost summer. oh yeahhhhhh!
I loved hearing ur lil' voice on saturday... i just wish i could snuggggle with uuuu. and then we could be lil' eskimos together. ur bed is so empty...sometimes i crawl into it because it smells nice jus' like u.
on a more important note: hope u've made more buddies and that ure having fun!
i am so proud of u. u were always my stardoll but now u are also my lil'
star explorer. hahaha
i wrote u a card yesterday. i know u might only get it when i see u in a week but at least im sending some form of lovinnnnnn' ure way.
im so excited to see u in a week! we are going to get married do u know that? and we're going to live happily ever after..
im ending this lil' messsage on this note: good luck my little braby! take good care of urself ok?
i love u
X's x million :')
(plus a few more for the eskimos)
shash
For Samantha Tate - Delta Yankee 3
ReplyDeleteHey hey Sam!! this is the first time i have written on this blog thing i know, mum has been bugging me to do it but i have finally got round to it!!
hope its all going well and your still enjoying your refried beans!! Jersey has been so so so so boring at the moment you haven't missed out on anything!! but the weather has actually been really nice, was 20 degrees yesterday so looks like it will be amazing weather for study leave mwahah.. I have my GCSE's soon yay me while your sunbathing and travelling i will be sitting in gay stupid exams, luuucckkky me! ooh p.s i cant find my stripy belly top that you always wear, you have it dont you? hummmmmmmmmmmm. haha
Well hope you enjoy the rest of the time in Costa Rica and doing what your doing after it!
Adiós Sarah X
Para nacho, delta yankee 2
ReplyDeleteRevise su facebook, vamos a ir a cabuya en semana santa aqui esta el evento, todo se debe a que Pato no abre el camping en montezuma, cabuya es bonito y es cerca e iremos TODOS hasta carraco quien ya llamó a naty y sabe los detalles tome: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=163386023714785 todos esperamos que vaya con nosotros ya que casi nunca ud ha podido ir con nosotros a viajes asi, por lo menos que yo sepa, tuanis mas, se cuida! de corazon espero que tome una decision atinada al respecto de esto. Nos hace falta mae, vuelva.
To Hugh MacDonald Delta Yankee 3
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday from Mum, Melissa, Tom, the girls, Jan and Barry, Christopher and me.
Mum and I will be at Heathrow to meet you on the 19th. If your flight is on time, I reckon we should get home around 3 and Devon should be here at 6.
You asked me to let you know about results - they've won every game since we last spoke. Looking good.
Take care and see you soon.
Dad
For Victorine Pot- Delta Yankee 3
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BRAABY !
I hope u're having a lovely day and that ure having some form of party in the jungle!
I'm so happs ure my tweenie because there is no one I love as much as u.
I love u
Big smoochies
Shash
to sarah lamming delta yankee 3
ReplyDeletehi sarah,
sorry i haven't sent a blog for a while, it's been manic here! we broke up on thursday 7th april for the easter holidays - hooray!! i have a cold now though because one of the lovely children at work sneezed right in my face when i was doing first aid on their chin - lovely.
i've managed to find a frame for your graduation photo now and nichola has bought it for my birthday.it's been really nice weather here and nichola is going very brown but hazel and i are still as white as ever. how's your stripey tan coming on? was it you that the 'cheeky frog' was watching in the shower? again it sounds like you are having an amazing time and great experiences. enjoy the little time you have left and we look forward to seeing you and hearing all your tales of your time away.
lots of love and a huge hug from mum xxxx
hazel foley alpha yankee 3 hi you mudda here we are counting down here cant wait to see you time has flown here wonder if its gone as quick there for you. Just checked your flights times to organise day off to come and pick you up and was coming tuesday morning to get you might have been a bit early realise now its wednesday morning how thick am i.Dad got back from his trip away in one piece no broken limbs on waterfalls this time thank goodness but he was really tired he had about 16 hours sleep all week but he said it was quite an experience.Ellen has a interview for an apprenticeship for the council in business administration so keep everything crossed for her.I have been looking after shop all week they have been away again but everything ok.Will get in touch with jodie about next week but if anything happens let us know if any delay on plane times.Enjoy your last week have a geat time in new york but be careful see u soon love you mudda ,mickey ellen and rest of clan xxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteDAVID FORD - DELTA YANKEE 2
ReplyDeleteHi Doobs - a week today you will be home! Getting very excited now, hope you really enjoy the final week of your stay and make the most of it. Just as a warning the weather here is nice and sunny so the minute you arrive home i am whisking you off to the sea front for a couple of pints....can't wait to see you me darlin. S x