Alpha 4 have finished their work up on Volcan Turrialba and today headed to the warmer climes of the jungle for part 2 of the project. Keith and Ryan have provided us with a few photos documenting the group's time up the Big T!
*Blog by Waheeda Athaullah, photo's by anonymous.
To Claire
ReplyDeleteFrom Diana
Hi again! Today I just want to share these jokes in spanish.
Ayer me pasaron unos chistes sobre argentinos, buenísimos, no se como piensan los britanicos acerca de ellos pero en este continente los tachamos de arrogantes, tu sabes, pedantes, se creen la gran cosa. Y cómo será la cosa que hasta ellos mismos se burlan de eso. jajaja
Por eso te dejo estos chistes, que me han encantado, espero que te gusten a ti tambien y los compartas con quien gustes:
1- Los argentinos son como Dioses, están por todas partes pero nadie los ve!!!
2- ¿Cómo se suicida un argentino? R= Se sube a la cima de su EGO y de ahí se tiran. LOL!
3- ¿Cuál es el juguete favorito de los argentinos? es el yoyo (yo-yo, yo-yo, etc)
4- ¿Sabes cual es el mejor negocio de tu vida?
R= comprar argentinos y venderlos en el precio que ellos dicen que valen. jajajaja!
Espero que te hayan gustado. Cuidate mucho!
Diana
For Miriam Bord (Bespoke PM)
ReplyDeleteMimbo!!!
How's things? Trust you ended up in CR and not India ;) Hope you are having a great time out there...missing you, all your stuff is still piled up in the corner of my living room!! Just been to see Harry Potter 7, I reckon trekking would be far easier with a flying broom stick, when the going gets tough bring out your inner Ron Weasley!!
Yours ever
The other ginger :) xxx
Chiquita espero que este disfrutando mucho, al maximo como disfrutas todo lo q haces.
ReplyDeleteMe haces mucha falta, ya eso lo sabia desde antes de que se fuera, pero estoy feliz porque se que estas feliz viviendo una experiencia única en la vida. Cuídate mucho que Dios te bendiga.
Por aqui todo esta muy bien, yo estoy muy bien de salud, ya las vacaciones pasaron, MAÑANA VAMOS PARA LA PLAYA. Y ya alonso de nuevo a trabajar y luis a estudiar mucho como sieempre. Bebe esta pechocho y la mamá olafita como simpre cayendo mal, lo q la compensa es tener a Ian y ahi la toleramos. x ahi anda chal ahi se ha dado una vueltita espero q pueda ir a la playa con nosotros.
Todos te mandamos muchos besitos.
Te amo mucho espero verte pronto.
te quiero mucho mi amor y lo sabes bien. Mami
Pd: Seguro ahi tienes un papa y una mamá q te quieren mucho también. Saludos para ellos!
The last message I posted is for Jennifer Rodriguez, alpha 7. The one that says: "Chiquita..." Thanks! (Hope it works) :)
ReplyDeleteMy Dear Keith & other challengers,amazing with what u hv done!! support u,and look forward to hearing more from you soon :P from CC in Hong Kong
ReplyDeleteKeith Lau Alpha 4
ReplyDeletemiss u and take care please, I hope I can join u at Nov.haha..
Delta 4 - STILL no news at all?!?
ReplyDeleteHi! this is a message to PATRICIA OFUONO, from mauro bottaro
ReplyDeleteHOW ARE YOU BEBE ???
miss you loads and writing to you lots but don't know if you getting letters...unfortunately i cannot find out which group you're in Alpha Delta Beta ??!!
Here is all running smooth and all of us inside of me are missing you !!!
hope you having a GREAT time.
LOVE XXX Yours truly MIAW!!!
to TRICIA OFUONO
ReplyDeleteALPHA 7 I GOT YOU NOW !!!
I FOUND YOU IN 2 PICTURES THANK GOD !!!
XXXXXX
To Alpha 3
ReplyDelete"When we can begin to take our failures nonseriously, it means we are ceasing to be afraid of them. It is of immense importance to learn to laugh at ourselves."
Message for Jodie Hastie,
ReplyDeleteJust had the wonderful pleasure of looking at the photos of all you youngsters working hard! (and looking very happy!).
Keep up the good will, lots of love,
Mary, Ray & Carys. xxx
Ryan Baker, Alpha 4. Good to see you're working on the ole guns! Looks like you've done some amazing work in a challenging environment. The Turrialba tribute cake looked like a creative masterpiece and we hope you are partying equally as hard as you're working. Loving all the photos, keep them coming. Lots of love Mum. Dad, Kris and Becs. X
ReplyDeleteCyrus Afkhami. Delta 4.
ReplyDeleteHey you, hope everything is amazing and i'm writing to you as i miss you a lot.
I'm leaving louise's today and going to good old bedford woo! Louise's has been sooo good got the funniest stories to tell you! I've written reminders though so i dont forget luckily haha!
Not long now!
ilyaaf & i miss you so much
To the lovely Jodie Hastie Alpha 4
ReplyDeleteJodie! I’m guessing everyone can read this message so I’ll keep it PC! Looks like your having a great time, Mumma Theresa updated everyone on facebook that you were safe and having a great time! Volcano shizzle sounds like very hard work! But looks like you’re with a great bunch of people! I miss you like crazyyyyyyy, I’m eating enough Nandos for you, me and Mark lol. Can’t wait to hear an update! Love you lots and lots Luchiaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Elliot Bartholomew Alpha 2
ReplyDeleteStill on holiday but following your progress with interest. You looked happy in the photograph posted on 15th July, with bandana in situ!
thinking of you
M and D xxx
Dear Raleigh Costa Rica and Nicaragua,
ReplyDeleteWhat has happened to Delta 2??!! So far the blog has covered Alphas 1 (twice), 2 (twice), 3 (twice), 4 (twice), 5, 6, and 7 AND Deltas 1, 3 (twice) and 4 (twice). Even some kind of rogue Charlie unit has muscled way into the action!! I fear that as time goes by their memory will slowly fade and they will, in time, become just Raleigh legend, destined to see out their days building endless paths surviving on the meat of the turtles that they were sent to conserve! In all seriousness, would be great to know they're all ok. I appreciate you are probably getting around to them. Best wishes to all....
evelyn calderon alpha 4
ReplyDeleteusted si sale linda en las fotos se ve q esta disfrutando y q gusto me alegro la quiero y disfrute
To: FIELDBASE-CATIE
ReplyDeleteFROM: ANDRES CHAVALAZO´S MOTHER
Please remember that tomorrow July´s 19th is Andrés Chavarría´s BIRTHDAY. Please send him my messages and sing to him at the radio comunication the birthday´song. Please say him that we love him a lot. and we hope a very nice day on his birthday.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!! MUCHAS GRACIAS POR SU COLABORACIÓN
Joanna Bartlett Alpha 5.
ReplyDeleteThis is my 4th attempt- so i hope this gets posted. Anyway - there are no updates from your group - you must be very busy.Hope you are enjoying it all. Japan won the women's world cup final. It was very exciting and dramatic- extra time and then finally a penalty shoot out. The US did play very well- had lots of chances at scoring during the match but performed badly on the penalties. The Japanese just kept going- they were determined,skillful and super fit.Anyway things are tootling along here.
Hope to hear from you soon. Love Mumxxx
David Winterflood alpha 4
ReplyDeleteFor the 21st!
Happy birthday, hope you're having a great time. We are enjoying reading the blog and looking at your photos.
Love from
Mum, Dad, Paul, Granny and Nanna.
Ps sort that beard out, there's only winner in a beard growing competition.
for luke smalley alpha 1
ReplyDeletehi luke , i hope u bin getting the massages that i have sent u .... i dont no if they getting to u and would hate to think that u think i not bothered , missing u soooo much ,all great here , people are asking me all the time how u getting on and u have so many interested in what u doing .... cant wait for wen u might be able to send a message back ... love u lots mum xxx
alpha 4-eveling: hello mi niña se que se encontro con la loquita de la adri, ella me platico de que la esta pasando muy bien, espero sea asi por que si se ve muy feliz en la fotos, su mama esta enterada de todo no se preocupe popr eso yo la mantengo al tanto me le envia saludes a todos y por los demas estan demaciado bien en el treck y aunque franci esta sola esa maje le pone todo, saludes y cuidence los miramos pronto okis att larry castillo
ReplyDeleteFor Bea Lee Delta 2
ReplyDeleteHi Darling, its mum. Delta 2 have still not posted a blog so I can only assume you are having a great time. I will take you for luch when you get home and you can tell me all about it. I am missing you, the house is tidy!!!!! Cant wait to see you and much, much love Mum x
Dear Siew-Ling,
ReplyDeleteNot yet heard a dicky about how D2 are getting on from Raleigh. Are you allergic to the people who write the blog, or just so remote they can't be arsed to travel over to you?! I hope it's still going well and you enjoy your last few days at the concentration camp. Everything ok here except the July washout situation but I'm guessing you can probably empathise! Will not bother to bore you with the minutiae of my life, suffice to say I'm good but missing you immensely and counting the days till you're home.
I love you.
M xxx
Jodie Hastie Alpha 4.....
ReplyDeleteHi lovely....
we r all ok hope its going well??
Not much news on the blog..from the jungle!! But we know your all ok and kicking, Im chatting to kim at mo she said Reece is the apple off everyones eyes and they all want to cuddle him and kim wins always!! Katie has moved in and Reece is in his new cot!! chat sn lov u sending big hugs lov mum xx Gx Jx xx
D e l t a 4!.....anyone out there??
ReplyDeleteWe are desparate for news from Delta 4. The last we heard was a brief one line comment and NO pictures since their departure from base.
We are so elated for all the news from the Alphas and Charlie......but please please please can you give us a more robust update on the Deltas and in particular Delta 4......we miss our dear ones working hard on their projects.
concerned friends and family
Cyrus Afkhami: Delta 4
ReplyDeleteHey kiddo, how is it going? We miss you sooooo much. I wish we had more updates about you guys, but I'm sure you are having a great time. I keep trying to imagine the conditions and the progress you must be making. I'm especially wondering how the beard is coming along?!
Everyone sends their love and we are all so proud of you, and a few of us, not mentioning names, are quite jealous!
Massive hugs and kisses,
ghorboonet miram azizam,
mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rachel Neustadt - Delta 3
ReplyDeleteHi Rachel
No recent news on the Raleigh blog on how your group is getting on but I hope everything is going well for you.
Take care and have fun
Tim xx
For Keith Lau in Alpha 4
ReplyDeleteDear Keith,
How is your process to be a better man? I bet you do have a good chance to change & grow. Though I don't know you much, I still know your determination is strong. I do hope you have a great experience and learn much more to share with us soon!
Love & Care,
F
Jodie Hastie Alpha 4....Hello.....
ReplyDeleteHi Jodie....
Hope all ok, still not hearing much....as long as your all ok xx
Had Barrie over we had chinese and George did the entertaining!! First time he has been over and meet George all going ok.....
3 more days at work till the holidays....wow scream scream cant wait....!!Nan having lovely time with mary in leeds...will give nanny maria a ring and get her round to look at pictures on blog when i finish school,have more time..xx
Lov u xx chat soon my lovely girl xx mumxx JxGx
To: Keith Lau, Alpha 4
ReplyDeleteDear Keith,
How is your process to be a better man? Do you feel your changes? I believe your determination and perseverance can help you do more and do better! No matter how hard and difficult your project is, it still ends one day. So try your best and work your hardest. Never let yourself regret!
Can't wait to hear more from you.
Don't know why my last message cannot be posted on wall. Anyway, it's just a little problem.
Love & Care,
F
For Sarah Canty, Alpha 4
ReplyDeleteSup dude?!
I hope you got my other message! If not, there was another message... :P.
You are looking so damn fine in the pictures on the blog from your project. It's good to see you're still in one piece and bits of you haven't dropped off or anything!
Not much going on in England, the weather is droll and Cameron is still Prime Minister. My parents have come back from Hawaii and are ridiculously smug with themselves! I spent some time with Carolyn who is on the mend and went to Belgium and back. Also watched Green Lantern (Wouldn't bother) and...... HARRY POTTER! Although I was in Belgium when everyone was dressing up so I missed out too :P. I'm really pooping myself about Borneo, but i'm pretty much packed and setting off in a week. I'll message you again before I go.
I hope you're in fine health and enjoying every minute of it. I miss my wingman of mayhem!!!
Loads of cuddles and a POP AND FRESH!!!
Chloe xxx
to Bibi Bartstra - Alpha 4
ReplyDeletehoi hoi! eindelijk weer eens foto's ontdekt op de site. heb steeds nog naar Delta gekeken maar je bent nu kennelijk opeens Alpha... Als jullie groep van naam verandert, kun je dat gauw laten weten zodat we bij de goeie site kijken? ziet er zo stoer uit alemaal. have fun, we missen je en vragen ons vaak af wat je op dit moment aan het doen bent. Omi is helemaal in de ban van de site...haaha. zoenzoen, Angelique
Dear Carmen,
ReplyDeletevolcano and jungle sound wonderful! Similarly the sloth sounds interesting, not so sure about the snakes! It sounds like you are enjoying yourself. What else have you got to report? I'm looking forward to seeing you in October (it has been penciled in) so you can tell me all about it. I'm on holiday - we bought a VW transporter van (T5 new one) so going on a roadtrip round wales and south coast ending up on the Isle of White. I got my red sash in Wing Chun - whoop whoop!! Keep me up to date what is going on with you. How is the Spanish coming on? Take care, have fun - enjoy!! lots of love Kim xx
Carmen Gaskell Alpha 4
ReplyDeleteHello!
sorry It's been a while since you've been out there and I haven't done this! but suddenly Cornwall got busy! hehe! you look like you're having the most amazing time darling!! I am very jealous! Though being back in Cornwall is fun, working in retail again isn't :(
so please tell me about everything you've been up to, off to the Jungle ay?!! now that sounds exciting! man I miss you a lot Carmen, just going to put it out there, please can we actually be London friends when you return?! And there is a good chance they will make you a co-ordinator, because guess what....I am officially now a Disney Co-ordinator! woooo! I did my first event with Rachel and Jo at a golf club! (very posh) but you would have loved it! we got to ride golf buggies! However saying that I think what you're doing right now is probably far more thrilling! hehe!
There is actually so many things that I need to talk to you about, who knew I could ramble on so much over one cup of tea a day!! hehe!
I'm so glad you are out there, with that massive beautiful smile of yours, having an amazing time. miss you :) xxxxx
lots of love Cassie x
Carmen Gaskell Alpha 4
ReplyDeleteHi Carmen!
How goes life in the jungle? Poppy is very excited that Aunty Carmen lives in a jungle "with the elephants and the monkeys and meerkats(!)" and she did draw a picture for you but probs wouldn't get there if I sent it so shall save it for you (you do look a bit like a yellow crab in it tho) Sorry its been such a long time! We literally just got internet today!Finally!Have no signal whatsoever on our mobiles either as we now live in the middle of nowhere! New house is great tho! Lots more space! Got some chickens and a very annoying cockeral which im trying to get rid of as he has been waking us up at about 5am-he never shuts up he's like a cartoon one! You coming to visit in september???? Poppy wants to say to you.... "hello aunty carmen, I love you" She did want to say happy birthday too so had to explain it isn't your birthday every time we speak to you! Anyway, am off to put Moken to bed for a nap now! Looks like you are having a good time! Photos look good- looking foward to seeing some more!
Lots of Love
Kate (and Larry, Poppy and Moken)
xxxxx
Carmen Alpha 4
ReplyDeleteHi little C,
I hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of your exciting adventure (I’m totally jel). I am now on the count down until you arrive home and the champagne is on ice! I cannot wait to hear all about it (maybe more than 1 bottle required)
All well here, I have just come back from a break in Paris for Cheryl’s 30th and now looking forward to our first wedding Anniversary (can you believe it a whole year has flown by MOH)
Message me as soon as your home.
I love you and will see you soon
Big C
xx