Sunday, 6 July 2008

Expedition 2008 D&E Blog 03: The Venturers have arrived!


The last week here has flown by and I´m delighted to report that the Venturers have arrived!

From Canada to Chile, Bermuda to Great Britain, Hong Kong to France and New Zealand to North America, 105 young people from 10 countries have joined together with 18 Nicaraguans and Costa Ricans to kick off the expedition.

They arrived here at Field base to be greeted with a traditional hot Costa Rican breakfast, followed by a whistle stop tour of the facilities including the tents that will be their home for the next few days. Then with barely time to savour the fresh pineapple & papaya they jumped straight into their training.

Everyone will receive a short briefing of the 12 projects that make up our expedition before learning which project they´ve been selected for in phase one. As you can imagine there is a great deal of expectation in the air.

I´ll post a short summary of the 12 projects and together with the Venturer teams in my next blog.

Adios, Dennis

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Zeko:

    I wish you much happiness and success on your journey ahead.
    I am ever so proud of you.
    Enjoy your birthday!
    Love Aunt Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. To: Alshauntae Harvey-Hollis, Bermuda

    From: Your Mommy

    I hope all is well with you. I am missing you but I know you are having a great time.

    Wishing you a safe and enjoyable experience.

    Love you, Mommy
    xoxoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this blog, its really really nice to see him in the photos! Please send this message to Will Hatton:
    Missing you like crazy! Hope your safe and having fun! We can see you in the middle of the group photo!!
    Love you loads,
    Tash, Mum, Dad, Alex, Finn and Whitney.xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thank you for visiting our blog. Comments are monitored daily and we will ensure messages are promptly delivered to your loved ones. Please ensure you state the name of the person to whom your message is addressed. This is so we don't miss any out. Muchas gracias!

Pura Vida!