

The weather has not been kind to our intrepid trekkers who have been faced with day after day of fairly heavy rain. Nevertheless spirits are incredibly high in the group, not a single person has complained or even contemplated giving up. Noud and Christophe and Scarlett are all carrying some serious weight, as are Steve and Stu, I really don't know how they manage it! Asher is determined to finish the trek and has been incredibly strong and very supportive of everyone. Kelvin is his cheery self, Nic is continuing on while Chris has come back to fieldbase, and Lyan has joined the group after some dental treatment. Jo and Shona are also in great spirits - there has been a lot of singing!. It is clear that the challenges they are facing has really brought these guys together. Alpha 2 we are as always incredibly proud of you!
The group is hoping to reach the Dragon (their first peak today) and summit tomorrow.
We shall keep you posted.
In one word: WOW!
ReplyDeleteThis looks really impressive... You all earn respect and proudness of your NOK!
Keep on going, Alpha 2 machos and 'machas'!
I'll second the WOW! Glad to hear the rain isn't dampening your spirits. Hope there is a rainbow round the corner.
ReplyDeleteWell done everyone and lots of love to Joanne from Mum
Hello Joanne, and a message from me too...first thanx to base camp for the photos of the trek. Keep up the good work Jo! I'm really looking forward to seeing you...not that long now! Felicity xxx
ReplyDeleteScarlett's Mum says: that is some serious weight you have there Scarlett. You look well and I happy though! Take care,
ReplyDeletelots love Mum
XXX
wow, just stumbled upon this - what a blog! you guys and girls sure are up to some crazy adventures
ReplyDeleteHello Shona!
ReplyDeletegood to see you and the rest of the guys looking so well despite the harsh terrain and unforgiving weather and to hear you're singing so loudly!Keep the spirits up, a fantastic achievement, we're all really proud of you and looking forward to seeing you soon. And there was something else about this Saturday...emmm. Oh Yes HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SHOOONAAAAA... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
TTYS
love Martin
Hi Christophe
ReplyDeleteGood luck and well done to all of you. Hope you haven't got too many blisters. Make the most of the warm weather as its freezing here.
Lots of love. Maman
Tribute to Noud and friends at Alpha 2
ReplyDeleteThis year’s Sinterklaas isn’t quite the same
Your very own parents are to blame
For agreeing you to travel to a country so remote
That is way too far for my old and ramshackle boat
It is nice to see you wrestling in the muddy rain
But tomorrow I rather prefer going back to Spain
So I am afraid I won’t make it all the way to meet you guys
But rest assured: your efforts deserve the highest Nobel Prize
The end is near, so keep on going
Your own beds and hot showers wait for you, nice for knowing
We wish you all the luck and sunny spells
See you around at Christmas bells!
The Sint
hiya ross,
ReplyDeletei know you are not in alpha 2 but there is not an update yet for one so i am putting my wee message on this page (hope thats ok Anna)!
See your last phase is 51% complete, not be long til your home, if i was alpha 1 i would be staying on ur lovely beach, its baltic here fers, we have snow, fog and lots of slippery ice - yeeha i luv it.
Been working hard as usual and everyone says HI!! going to visit auntie cindy tonight cause she has the flu, shes a wee poppit.
Dying to get a wee update to see what ur up to, think anna has went into hibernation lol.
Ur website is just the bizz.
Hope u are fab and are catching all the rays you can get.
Missing u more and more.
luv u loads honey
Mum and Charlie.
p.s. take ur t-shirt of u have brown arms and neck and a milk bottle 4 pack.
x x x x x x x x x
Hello Joanne, it's me again with a quick hello. I hope you're enjoying the trek, you sure look tired in the photos! Looks like you've all been trekking very hard! No more snow these past few days. Chen Jing's English is getting really good now. You can talk to her when you get back! Loads and loads and loads of love, Felicity
ReplyDeleteDear Joanne, Alpha 2 and Field-base team,
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for posting these photos. I very much admire how you're all doing and supporting each other throughout the trek. When you return, Joanne, a bit of Aberdeen rain will seem like nothing much. Some of the Christmas performances with my schools have been and gone. There'll be more during this week and next. I'm thinking of you everyday. Here are some of the words to a song that I'll be working on with some of my pupils and that you might like:
'When I look up to the stars,
There's a burning deep inside me,
And I feel a power growing in my soul.
There is something I can sense,
Deep within a dream to guide me,
And I know that I am reaching for my goal.
I can do anything at all.
I can climb the highest mountain.
I can feel the ocean calling wild and free.
I can be anything I want,
With this hope to drive me onward,
If I can just believe in me.
When the skies are dark and grey,
We still know the sun is shining;
Though it's out of sight, its light is glowing still.
And as long as I believe,
There is nothing I can't wish for;
Not a dream that I'm unable to fulfill.
I can do anything at all.
I can climb the highest mountain.
I can feel the ocean calling wild and free.
I can be anything I want,
With this hope to drive me onward,
If I can just believe in me.'
These are words from the song called 'Believe' by a fantastic composer called Lin Marsh.
Keep on believing.
Lots and lots and lots of love from Sandy xxx xxx xxx