Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Field base team complete.

Buenos dias!


Well, field base has been a hive of activity since the arrival of the field base team. Yesterday, our accountant Colleen arrived, completing the field base team. Not one to let jet lag get the better of her, she threw herself straight into Raleigh life, getting the accounts into order and even heading out for a six o’clock run this morning!



Everybody else has been busy getting on with the preparations for the arrival of the rest of the volunteer managers and the venturers. Alex, Becka, Zoe and David have also been doing their driver training, learning everything from changing tyres to Costa Rican driving rules.


After all of that hard work, last night we got the chance to let our hair down with a field base salsa class. The team made some impressive moves on the dance floor, although we probably shouldn’t give up our day jobs just yet! After working up a hunger with all of that dancing, we were treated to David’s delicious chocolate and aubergine chilli for dinner- yum!


Yesterday also saw the pitter patter of tiny hoofs as one of the resident cows in next doors farm gave birth to a very cute calf as the field base staff watched. Here you can see the mother proudly showing off her new offspring!


Well, that's all for now but I'll be back very soon to keep you up to date with what's going on here at field base.


Ciao for now!


5 comments:

  1. Loving the blog Ray Ray, hope you enjoy comms officer as much as I did. The new fieldbase team look awesome, love and hugs to Zoe and Rachel. Have a good 09L. Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I on the 09L trip and cannot wait.
    I wanted to spot as much wildlife as I can when I am there and wondered what I could do to prepare in that respect.
    Thanks, Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can see why you're so loathe to comeback zoe. you've got a permanent grin on your face that's visible form space (ooh, that rhymes). very jealous but loving seeing you grin grin away. go on girl!!! Nads xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Message for Sam B - who is in Alpha 6. I've just left mum and the girls who are all at Loch Tay with no internet access so I will ring them now to provide them with update from the very valuable blog! Enjoy digging those foundations..?! We did something we haven't done for years this weekend - we wrote a snailmail letter - which should hopefully get to you at some point. Love and miss you tons! Dadxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yvonne and John said
    Message for Andrew and Ashley in Alpha 1&2.
    Seen the pictures, hope you are enjoying yourselves. Love and miss you both. Sending flowers from the both of you on the 22nd. Keep safe and look after each other.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thank you for visiting our blog. Comments are monitored daily and we will ensure messages are promptly delivered to your loved ones. Please ensure you state the name of the person to whom your message is addressed. This is so we don't miss any out. Muchas gracias!

Pura Vida!