Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Expedition 10L presents.... The Alpha Teams


Venturers sleep in tents with their Hotel groups but work and play in their Alpha groups. This morning, fieldbase was a cracking den as the PMs of the seven Alpha groups took turns presenting their skits to announce project allocations for venturers.


Joining Alpha 1 for the Maribios Trek are: Adam Tickner, Amy Perkins, Anna Keen, Ashley Fletcher, Boris van Toor, Ellie McCarthy, Jimmy Arias Arrieta, Julia Morongiello, Raisa Arroyo Arguello, Rebecca Slater, Ryan O'Sullivan, and Stephen Holmes.
The Rapping Volcans

Alpha 2 for the yet-to-be-named trek: Adam Goldsworthy, Amy Cooper, Ana Massiel Medina Ramos, Benjamin Green, Calvagh McManus, Cecilia Ruiz Galo, Corrine Davey, Jan van Arkel, Joshua Wilkes,
Sophie ten Bosch, Thomas Campion,  and Veronica Apaloo.

You've lost that trekking feelin'.... You've lost that trekking feelin'



Apha 3, which head off to the jungle to build a lookout tower at La Cangreja national park are: Adrian Reyes Flores, Andrew DAvies, Anna Woolett, Ben Saxby, Darren Mitchell, Emma Lewis, Jack Harrington, Jessica Vargas Naranjo, Louis Jonesco, Maxim Seynaeve, Morrin O'Shea, Wai Sum Kwan, and Wuilkild Perez Davila.

Jungle fever



Alpha 4 will work on improving visitor infrastructure on San Lucas island which which is now a designated wildlife reserve and historical site ofthe notorious San Lucas Island prison. They are: Adrian Edwards, ALex Jerrard, Ariana Ubeda Herrera, Benjamin Walters, Charlie Bowden, Delia Baker, Jayome Hutchinson, Kate Gunning, Lydia Barge, Pui Lun Chan, Rebecca Turner and Yoseling Larios Torres.


Rocking to the jailhouse rock
On Alpha 5 to work on the wildlife reserve and especially turtle conservation are:




Caroline Wevers Charles Legge Charlie Gledhill-Flynn Enma Moreno Gutierrez Hiten Mistry Jennifer Loweth Lee Watson Natalia Graczyk Naz Taner Nicola Younger Pablo Yglesias Vicente Timothy Power


Alpha 6, the group that will help complete a water project in Achuapa for Las Tablas community include:
Adriana Rodriguez Salas, Eamonn McGuone, Graham Smith, Harry Cousens, Holly Williamson, Joseph Jeffreys, Martin Fallon, Rosie Schumacher, Shu Kwan Yeung, Sophie Gatward, Victoria Golding, and Yaliam González Calero
Alpha 6 PMs 



Alpha 7 which will build a community centre in Miraflor, Nicaragua have recruited:

Antonio Jiménez Alvarado, Arthur Vos, Carla Gottlieb, Erika Perez Alfaro, Felix le Hodey, Fiona Mabin, Garry Pearson, Oliver Grayer, Persia Castellani, Sarah Kendall, Simrath Bhandal, and William Pawsey.

Batting for Miraflor 

44 comments:

  1. To:Adam Goldsworthy Alpha2
    Olá meu amor :)
    I've been following ur adventures on the blog, I saw a picture of u, u look a bit tired though:P I loved the chat the other day, its a shame we cant spk more often.Sometimes I just miss share the silly things of my day with u:PLike today I got a new haircut,its much shorter but I needed the change.I'll send a picture by email.Next week I´m going to Portugal :D but on the meantime I´ll be working everyday :S Its not so bad being working cause Ana is in Cuba with Tom and I dont have so much company.well I've spent a lot of time trying to find out how this work and now i have to go to bed,its 23:45 here and Im working 2morrow. Hope ur having fun :)
    Lots of love:) Susete xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. message for louis Jonesco
    Happy birthday mate - hope your enjoying the sun. when do you start on building the tower
    take care
    radha

    ReplyDelete
  3. to maxim seynaeve, alpha 3
    ola maximi, wat ziet dat er allemaal super uit. bouw maar goe, doe da goe. ik ben jaloers, ozu er ook bij willen zijn.
    dikke, dikke zoenen
    en ja hé van de mama, ze kan het niet laten
    all the best for everyone

    ReplyDelete
  4. To: Natalia Graczyk, Alpha 5

    I miss you loads already! I know you must be having so much fun, I love that I can see what you're up to on this blog! And that's so great you got the turtle project (yay!) Wish I could be there with you. All my love and have fun! Soph :) xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Fiona Mabin

    Hi, Fi! Looks like you're having fun. Seems strange not having you around to chauffeur the others to and from school!! Etta is getting betta - he's been in fine form these past few days.

    Lots of love

    Mum, Dad, Alex, Pat and Elspeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jayome, Good to see you arrived eventually. We're following your adventures on the blog - looks really interesting. Uni College accom wants to interview you - trying to arrange it for 4th or 5th November over skype or by phone. It's getting cold here - looks warmer over there! Take care and have fun. M,D,K and S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Message for Ashley Fletcher - Alpha 1
    Hi Ash
    All looks good the photos posted so far are great. It looks like you had fun when you arrived. We will be watching out for more from Alpha 1. Enjoy the Maribios Trek take lots of photos. Hope you get this message before you set off. We shall be following the blog.
    Take care all our love Mom, Dad and Nick. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arite hurdy la! Wots occurrin? Seen ya fotos, playing duck apple...working really hard I see! I'm slavin away, just called into mums for a brew. Catch ya later gator!!!!!!
    Love ya kid, Laura xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Message for: Ashley Fletcher Alpha 1
    Hi Ash
    Took our first look at the blog today the photos are great. It looks like you had some fun. We will be thinking of you on the Maribios trek take lots of photos. Stay safe.
    All our love Mum Dad and Nick. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. To: Fiona Mabin (Alpha 7)
    We're really glad you arrived safely and it seems you are having a great time looking at the photo's! We wish you all the very best for your time in CRica. With a big hug, ttfn, Anne, Paul, Phoebe and Hollie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. MESSAGE FOR RAISA AROYO

    Hola mi amor , espero que todo este bien por aya , esta sabado voy a sacar a canela a pasear! te amo mucho mucho !!! mua mua mua !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. MSG for Louis
    Have texted and emailed. happy birthday son and good to see the pics. One trusts all is well. One's fa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Message for Amy Perkins Alpha 1 :D
    Amy lovely I hope you're getting on ok out there - just saw your facebook posts and it looks manic - just how you like it my love, yes?! I know it will be hard and emotional at first but honestly after the first week you'll settle in and you're so lucky to have this opportunity! treasure every minute as every experiece you have will make you stronger and you'll be able to handle medicine nae bother this time next year when you're here with me! I'm missing and thinking of you lots lovely but we'e all behind you all the way and you're making us so proud :) You'll be meeting wonderful people out there too, hope you're having fun with them ;) I'll write again very sooon, take care of yourself and keep strong - I know you will :D Love you lots xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ariana, hope you're doing well... Looks like everyone is having fun, my regards. NJC

    ReplyDelete
  15. to yaliam gonzales
    yali mas loca, ya le iba a poner para yali violeta! ;D mae nicaragua le toco!! paselo increible... un abrazo y suerte con todo!! DANI

    ReplyDelete
  16. Espero te encuentres bien Ariana, te queremos mucho, cuidate.Besos

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hola hija espero estes bien todos preguntan por ti,besos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Siempre te seguimos por medio de la pagina viendo a la enana de Ariana Ubeda, todos los dias leemos la pagina de raleigh, te quiere mucho tu familia

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Message for Garry Pearson Alpha 7.

    Glad you arrived safely and are having a good time. Have just picked you out on your hotel photo! Thinking about you lots love Debbie and Ian xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Message for Hiten Mistry,
    Hey Hit :) so glad you're there safely. Looks like you're having so much fun already!! And that's so amazing you're working with the turtles first!!!! :D Enjoy every minute and stop worrying about us!! We're all fine!
    Love you, G xxxxxxxxxxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. `Message for Caroline Wevers ( Alpha 5),

    Lieve Tientje, Nog een poging. Vorige berichtje je naam vergeten neer te zetten, dus weet niet of je die hebt gekregen. ( daarvoor al meerdere mislukte pogingen). Leuk die blog, inmiddels al 2 foto's van je gezien. En vooral leuk dat je start met de schildpadden on the beach. Hoop echt dat je gaat genieten, dikke xxxx, mammie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amy Perkins alpha 1 hotel 11.hello Amy from all of us we are heading to
    Disney Downtown,bit of a contrast.We loved reading the message on FB .We were at Universal Studios yesterday and got some goofy photos of us all with the Simpsons.Were on Jaws ride and shooting aliens.At Terminator saw a very corny bloke imitating Arnie.Our villa is great I hate to tell you but lovely heated pool!!I am glad the fiddle has gone down well .Teach them a few dances.I hope your feet are ok on the walk.We love you loads and are missing you .Have a fabby time.Take your fruit pastilles on your wee trek xxxxxxxxxxxxxxMum,Dad,Sophie and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  24. Message for Simrath Bhandal (Alpha 7)

    Hey sim, so glad you're having fun out there. So proud and happy your doing this. Just saw you from your hotel pic, hopefully we'll get to see more pictures of you, we all miss you. love you Avnita

    ReplyDelete
  25. message for Victoria Golding group Alpha 6

    hey lovely, it was good to hear from you, i am educating mum how to do this so hopefully it works :) i am at home feeling special but everyone is all dandy really - mum is now marvelling at the wonders of modern technology. hope you are having a brilliant time and i miss you! LOVE YOU xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. To Sophie ten Bosch Alpha 2. Heb je groepsfoto gezien en je mail uit Turrialba ontvangen. Het ziet er allemaal geweldig uit, al is het wennen, zoals je schrijft, maar dat maakt de reis onvergetelijk. Malariatabletten alleen voor Nicaragua, naar heb ik begrepen. Heel veel plezier, en sterkte bij het gezwoeg door de jungle. Ben benieuwd naar je volgende bericht. Dikke zoen. Je vader

    ReplyDelete
  27. message for Persia Castellani (Alpha 7)

    So proud! So great to see your photos..great project! Love you and know you'll embrace it all.
    xxx aline

    ReplyDelete
  28. To Natalia Graczyk, Alpha 5
    Czesc Misiu,
    Nie wiem, czy dostalas nasza poprzednia wiadomosc ale to niewazne. Mam nadzieje, ze bawisz sie dobrze i pogoda jest znosna. Ciesze sie, ze dostalas projekt, na ktorym Ci zalezalo. Misiu, Oskar dostal wysypke na brzuchu. Brzuch ma wygolony i smarujemy go mascia.Co do domu, to jeszcze nic nie wiadomo. Wiktor jutro idzie na lekcje jazdy w St. Albans. U nas wszystko OK. Caluski i usciski. MaTa

    ReplyDelete
  29. To fiona Mabin
    Missing u lots!! Etta is getting better and is as mad as ever! Hope you are having fun and enjoying Costa Rica!
    love you lots
    Elspeth xxxxxxxxxxxxx:-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Message for Anna Keen

    Hello lovely. I hope you are having a really good time. Got your text and email :). You joked about doing the trek first aswell hehe and I love the fact you have already fallen over. I couldn't find any pictures with you in yet though so make sure you stick you head i any photo opportunities, would very much like to see your face! Well good luck my love I will be thinking about you! You will feel so amazing when you have done it, just keep thinking that :).

    Lots of love Amy xxx
    p.s. just so you know i do fully appreciate my bed and toilet hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  31. To: Pamela
    Pam...que te veo estupenda...una pena que ayer habláramos un par de minutos...en fin...esta semana te hago llegar lo de mamá y mío...cuidaito por ahí. beso..y a ver si se ve.
    tk.
    Ger

    ReplyDelete
  32. To Wai Sum Kwan (Alpha 3)
    Hiya Summi,

    Enjoy the sunrise, tuocans and the environment of la Cangreja, the rangers are all so funny and lovely! You will definitely love it! I did it in phase 2 and I LOVE IT! Remember to work hard and have fun to the waterfalls and river ponds at the same time!

    Sarah xxx


    To Pui Lun Chan (Alpha 4)

    Hiya Terry,

    Wow...you are allocated to the prison island, I heard that it is great fun working and living there...maybe a prison party...lots of sunshine and beach party times in the afternoon.....WORK HARD and enjoy!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. To Fiona Mabin - Alpha 7

    Hey Bubba! Congratulations on not catching the wrong plane :P Can't believe it's been a week already! Crazy times!Missing our lunch time visit to Bon Gout! Half term here now :) But I don't think sailing is an option as quite chilly and it's not as exciting in the mirror as in the vision :D Trying to think up some awesome costumes for Elspeths party...we will have to get a good one :P (we could go as Daisy the cow - shot gun being the head! ) Well sent off UCAS and now waiting :( but I think may have applied to some that you have! Fingers crossed! We got through to the next round for Hockey :) so now to West of England prelimbs...scary stuff!
    Hope you are having fun!
    Bubba
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sloninko!
    Jak tam Ci leci? Widze, ze niektorych Twoich kolegow zerwano z lozka o 3 nad ranem. Ciekawi jestesmy do ktorej godziny Tobie bylo dane pospac. Wiesz, zastanawiamy sie jak sobie dajesz rade ze zwierzetami. Musisz zapewne pamietac, ze polskiemu premierowi Tadeuszowi Mazowieckiemu zolwie sie rozbiegly w jednym ze skeczow. Sila spokoju. Tobie tez go zycze (my).
    Chyba zamieszkamy w innym domku niz ten w Hatfield. Baba wlascicielka sie rozmyslila (czy to typowe dla kobiet?). Oczekujac takiego rozwoju sytuacji zaczelismy wczesniej szukac innych domow i znalezlismy taki maly cottage w Harpenden na obrzezach miasta. Konie biegaja pod oknami. Zawiezlismy tam Babcie dzisiaj aby oswoila sie z widokiem. Jak wroci ze szpitala nie powinno Jej nic zaskoczyc.
    To na razie ja - ojciec. Jak Mame wezmie to cos napisze sama. Ja musze zajac sie innymi rzeczami.
    Ament.
    Tata

    ReplyDelete
  35. To: Natalia Graczyk (Alpha 5)

    Czesc Misiu,

    Jak Ci sie wstaje o 3 rano? Chyba,ze w tamtym klimacie to jest normalne. Podobno, juz wyjezdzacie na swoje misje. Kotku, jakbys mogla zapozowac, do zdjecia, ktore ukazaloby sie na blogu, to bylabym szczesliwa. Baw sie dobrze (pilnuj zolwi, zeby Ci sie nie rozbiegly tak jak Premierowi Mazowieckiemu) i dbaj o siebie.U nas byla dzisiaj ladna pogoda, swiecilo slonko. Jutro do pracy i na nowo.

    Caluski,

    TaMa + reszta

    ReplyDelete
  36. To:Natalia Graczyk (Alpha 5)

    Czesc Zuchu,

    U nas rozpoczela sie chyba zima. W Szkocji spadl snieg. Koty siedza w domu. Ciekawa jestem jak radzisz sobie w tych spartanskich warunkach. Czy juz przywyklas do spania w hamaku na powietrzu.Nie moge sie doczekac pierwszych relacji(zdjec) z projektu, ktorym sie zajmujecie.Bardzo Cie kochamy i tesknimy za Twoim gadaniem.Mysle, ze po powrocie do Anglii, wszystkie waruki mieszkaniowe beda dla Ciebie komfortowe. Spie ze szkocka krowa. Bardzo lubie sie do niej przytulic, to tak jakbym przytulala sie do Ciebie.Czolem to kolejnej relacji.

    Kocham i caluje,

    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  37. For Carla Gottlieb Alpha 7

    CARLOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's kitty, sorry I have been rubbish the last week my excuses are rubbish and generic so I will not waste precious space with them here. I MISS YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH- literally I think I have tried to call you nearly everyday since you have been gone- and there might be an answer phone message from the other night. thank you so sososo much for your e mail and your wonderful voice message- it took me a while to recollect it on saturday-apres a classic night in el barrios with kez. you will LOVE who was next to me when I was listening to your dulcet tones- a certain graeme!! You are doing so so so so well, i still cannot believce you are half way across the world and casually going to nicaraguar in 2 days, which I think means you won't get any posts for a while. but never fear I am going to stop being rubbish and write you a message everyday to greet you on your return to basecamp. it actually does sound like you are in mission impossible.
    it's amazing to know what you are doing and where you are but one massive request to raleigh- more photos of you!!! I want to see jungle carl, speaking of which....
    i better go as need some shut eye in preparation on leading a blog on animal ethics, fun times.
    love you like a hole in the head my dear amigo
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    p.s. I cannot believe I am doing this but I know you like to be in the loop- so far....FYD, the guy with red hair-scream?!, DIVA FEVER and the italian guy have been voted off x factor. and in other news a social networking film has just come out- I might wait and watch it with you my favourite facebook pal!
    again so proud and miss you A LOT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. For Carla Gottlieb Alpha 7

    I have just seen the photo of you- you are doing travelling chic very well I must say, but you always would!!!
    realised that I still have quite a lot to say so thought I best leave another comment-in case you wanted to know here is a little breakdown of the past week: alexander crashed the car into a fox, week 3 of filming on the hot potato commenced, organised a party for breakthrough breast cancer tonight, applied for some legal work experience, been to some law mingling social things- mainly just for the good canapes, certainly not for the chat- one guy was far more interested in hearing about me doing jelly shots off theaker's head in Hong Kong than why I might be interested in law. what else, I got stood up (suddenly realised people can see this) quite funny and character building, but I then had a revelation about guy from wedding which I will tell you all about in a private message.
    dissertation=0 words so far, but finally had some inspiration yesterday morning over my weetabix!
    we are having a halloween party- wish you could come, I know its your favourite holiday
    love you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. FOR CARLA: ALPHA 7

    Carlurrrrrre, I hope you are getting on fine and dandy like a trooper. Looking at the lovely photos that are popping up on the blog. seeing that your hair is staying suffiently straight and you are still of course...pale.

    Update in the UK...nada. it's pretty dull. I hope your "snooze" on monday was as awesome as mine. All went "to plan" you will be happy to know. But recovering was boring without being able to call you.

    X factor and the Apprentice i'm sure are being recorded for your return so i will not gossip. Thats pretty much it for excitement really!

    Thinking about you all the time boo. Hope you are getting on ok. See you soon for a fry up and some Gu. Preferably at the same time.

    All my love

    Nabbo xx

    Camo boy sends a little bit of love too xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. For Adriana Rodriguez, Alfa 6, Achuapa Nicaragua.

    Hola Adri, 21-10-10

    Espero que este bien guapa y que este disfrutando mucho de Raleigh y que la este pasando muy bien...! Y que la familia sea muy tuanis! Apuesto que le va en toas con el ingles!! No se me vuelva muy gringa verdad? jaja! Hoy y mañana fueron las elecciones, ahi vi a sus amigas las revoltosas.
    Mañana tengo examen de fisica :S
    Como le va con la comida? muchos arroz y frijoles..? ME HACE FALTA MORENITA!
    Buena vibra guapa, ahi nos vemos cuando vuelva para darle un gran abrazo!
    Cuidese mi adri! LA AMO MUCHO!

    Nos vemos!! :) :*

    ReplyDelete
  41. For Julia Morrongiello, Alpha 1
    Hi! Hows Costa Rica going? I hope that everything's going really well and that your having an amazing time! I'm curious to know when the last time you had a proper shower was!
    Anyways, things in Exeter are going great! I'm going to Bristol on Sunday for a volleyball match and I'm going to see Sophia so I'm really excited about that. I actually got on the number one team and am a bit nervous because they're all soo good!
    I have funny stories from uni to tell you, I'll send you something soon!
    Lots of love xxx Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  42. Emma Lewis Alpha 3.

    Ratty to Mole, home from HK and OZ this morning now following you on blog. Lots of emails for you on your return to basecamp and mail! Thinking of you all the time in the jungle and wondering! Left warm Spring of Oz to freezing Winter in UK! Planning Xmas 2011 down under with you OK? lots of love M x x x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Giles and Alpha 1. We've been watching your progress and look forward to hearing a full update about the project when you get back to base camp.
    Make memories!
    N & B (and B)xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Message for Kate Gunning

    Hey Kate, sorry havent wrote to you been having technical problems (being me not being able to work out how to post)!!
    Hows it going over there?! Hope your having a good time and not sharing your sleeping bag with too many leeches! :).
    Bude town is very quiet. Gave your mum a lift up to kilk today so had a good gossip with her!!
    Birthday celebrations lasted 5 days of course and had a super cool sleepover, you would have loved it!!! Went over to lucy and ross's on sunday and we cooked roast, however me and lucy ended up burning most of it!ha.
    Stace has had the baby, she had it monday little Harry George very nice!!
    anyway Im also sending you a letter in the post....what a treat!
    Hope your still white and got lots of insect bites..Im currently drinking a hot chocolate while writing this. yummmmmmm.
    Miss you lots stinks. Mel xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thank you for visiting our blog. Comments are monitored daily and we will ensure messages are promptly delivered to your loved ones. Please ensure you state the name of the person to whom your message is addressed. This is so we don't miss any out. Muchas gracias!

Pura Vida!