Then it was time to say a sad goodbye to the jungle camp that has been our home for the past 3 weeks. We were especially sad to say goodbye to the river, as our daily baths there were the highlight of our day during the phase.
The last two days were spent at another ranger station on a fantastic turtle beach. We were even lucky enough to liberate 103 baby turtles and rescue one nest. Some of us even stumbled across some giant crocodiles on a late night walk along the beach.
We had a brilliant farewell meal in the local town of Jaco- a surfer’s paradise and tourist trap. We also celebrated the 20th birthday of Gabo with icecreams and cake.
Everyone had an amazing time on our phase, the lowest score out of 10 was 9. Woohoo X-ray 3 –bring on the final phase!!!










To Oliver Thomas - X-ray 3
ReplyDeleteLooks fantastic - glad to see you are having a bath of sorts!
Good luck with your final phase.
Love you lots
M xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gabriel ....(gabo)que bueno...verte sonreir ..en todos las fotos ...siempre sales con una ernorme sonrisa...bueno ya se acerca el final de una muy buena experiencia..te conozco y se que solo sera el final de una de tantas...y que seguiras buscando...y como soy tu fan numero 1 te apoyare siempre¡¡¡¡ Y a los organizadores dales las gracias de mi parte y se que en mas de una ocacion he llamado y me atendieron de lo mas bien y los felicito por su enorme trabajo a este excelente proyecto¡¡¡¡ahhhhh y ya veo que la pasaste de lo mejor con tus amigos el dia de tu cumpleaños, me alegra mucho y saludamelos ..
ReplyDeleteatt: tu mamita
heyyyy daniellee!! mira lo que encontré jaja mucha suerte con todo y que disfrutés muchísimo... acá te extrañamos montones :D nos vemos pronto jaja can can
ReplyDeleteDear Ian (xray 3)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are having fun... You're down to the last three weeks and the big trek....
Good luck to you and all the others.
Thursday is Thanksgiving... We'll all miss you! Dad, Molly, Ziggy, and I are driving to Mara's for the day. The whole gang will be there...
Katie and Dante are staying in Texas - They'll be home for Christmas. Go Rockets!!
Love, Mom and Dad
Sam!!!! Its Sam here!! Thought I'd write to you on here instead of Facebook so that you'd get it before you return...the time has gone so quick, (bet even faster for you!) but we've been missing you loads!! Congratulations on graduating I love that you celebrated that in the jungle!! ;o) I see you had a chance to eat some ice-cream out there now...just think of how much you're gonna gorge when you get home!!! Turkey and brussel sprouts!! I hope you can make the Christmas do but somehow I think you'll be too exhausted!! Vladdy's little girl Julia is beautiful and he is the proudest Dad..everyone at work is thinking of you and wishing you well (be great if you can come back in the new year wouldn't it!!) Looks like you're having a fab time and working really hard...you should be so proud of yourself. Good luck on your trek tomorrow...I'll be thinking of you while I'm sitting in my office!! ;o) Looking forward to some fun nights out over Christmas when you get back!!
ReplyDeleteMiss you lots...Sam xxx
To Oliver Thomas X-Ray 3 from Nanny and Poppa
ReplyDeleteHi Oliver
Elation in the Emerald Isle and mourning in The Valleys! Ireland beat South Africa 15-10, but local headlines 'Australia Give Wales A Thumping' says it all. 33-12. We lost Shane Willams, Halfpenny and Mat Rees, hooker injured off in the first half and after that they ran us ragged. Their scrum, a weakness so far, was solid and Giteau kicked everything out of sight. Never mind - 6-Nations coming up and you'll be home for that ! (Also Scotland lost to Argentina 6-9 and NZ beat France 39-12}
Jo spent the weekend with Polly, said she looked a real doll in black gear and a red pinny at Crabtrees.
Breaking news: just heard Simon was top speaker in YFC debate - subject ' There is no future in organic farming'- you may like to follow that one up in Costa Rica!
Do hope your foot has responded to treatment
and you are still on top form.
Thinking of you always. Love from us all.
Nanny and Poppa
Wiet,
ReplyDeleteZo te zien (30 november) ben je zelfs naar de kapper geweest.
Hoop dat jouw voet blijkt mee te vallen.
Wij moeten er nog goed naar laten kijken als je terug bent.
Nog vooral heel veel plezier en veel aktie de laatste dagen.
Liefs,
Josien en Maes (en Daan)
april its kev here, pls bring me back a turtle
ReplyDeletehi april, mum here, missing u like mad, the kids can't wait to see u, don't be askin me for any dollars wen u get back, miss u loads, c u soon, mum & kids xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Sam, it's Laura!
ReplyDeleteHope the first part of your trek is going well, it's really nice to see some photos, looks like you're having an amazing time out there! Everything looks so interesting, I can't wait to hear all your stories about it! I'm really looking forward to Christmas and I think we should celebrate our graduations again when you get back. I think Debbie is missing you too so we want to do lunch when you get back to celebrate as well. But we're really proud of you and pleased to see that you look like you're hvaing loads of fun. I'm missing you though and can't wait for you to come back. You have to come visit me in London! I found a really great vintage shop with loads of good clothes and it's not very expensive so I have to show you it!
Well I hope that everything is going alright and I can't wait till you get back and can tell me all about it!
Lots of love from Laura xxx
Oliver Thomas
ReplyDeleteHey Oliver!!
hopoe your foot is getting better and not causing you too much pain! I am so excited as it is now December, which means its not long until you are home. Hope the next stage is as a greater experience as it sounded.
I am just starting to stress slightly, have three exams in the last week so no last union for me. Yes that is very sad times but am trying to be sensible!
Christmas will be upon is very soon, i shall sort it though so no need to worry. The shop is manic already so goodness knows what it will be like as we get closer.
Love you so much and am really missing you. Cant wait for the 18th!
Lots of love Polly xxxxx