Calling all Alpha groups, calling all Alpha groups. This is Zero, this is Zero. Your time is up - phase one mission is complete! All trekking groups have reached their beach destinations after 300km of hard graft, jungle camps on our environmental sites have been packed up and fond farewells have been said to our wonderful communities after weeks of digging, shovelling, cementing, carrying and cultural exchange. The expedition is coming home... tonight we'll be welcoming everybody back to Fieldbase with a huge celebratory supper, soap and showers, cinema night and lots of catching up. The camping field is open, the tents are swept, the coffee is on. Hurry home 10B... we can't wait to see you!
The fieldbase limber up, ready to welcome Expedition 10B back...
Next: updates aplenty from all our returning Alpha Groups, plus find out what's happening in Phase Two!
Caroline Bixner (alpha 2)
ReplyDeleteLieve muis wat een geweldige prestatie van jou en de anderen. Petje af hoor! Wij kijken uit naar al jouw verhalen en foto's.
Geniet van het onthaal op de "thuis basis", wordt zeker een dolle avond en zal je nog meer mensen leren kennen. Veel liefs ook aan Olivia. Wat zullen jullie blij zijn elkaar weer te zien en jullie zullen zeker elkaar veel te vertellen hebben. Het moeilijkste hebben jullie nu wel gehad, geloof ik. Heerlijk gevoel moet dat zijn. Tot gauw muisje, dikke kus van mij en Laurence (die nu samen met Michael aan de patat en broodje warm vlees zit.....sorry muis...)
To Toby Morris, alpha 8
ReplyDeleteI PASSED I PASSED I PASSED!!!!!!!! :D
only got 3 minors, and I brought your good luck letter with me for extra luck. :D
Love you lots, Natalie xxxx
FOA Bethany Bowers Alpha 1
ReplyDeleteWoop back to field base I bet your looking forward to a shower and stuff. Can't wait to talk to you baby. Love you sooo much shrimp xxx
Emma Wright Alpha 1
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you "enjoyed/survived your trek. It sounds amazing. Well done to you all
to Ruth Shulver Alpha 7
ReplyDeleteHi Ruth
Made it to an public coomputer, but with French keyboqrd hence mistakes!
Hope you all have a great break back at base and looking forward to following next qdventure. My mission for the dqy is to trqck down office to checkplans for fosse septique : fun and games!
super bisous xxxx Mum
to Sir James Wilderspin Alpha 3
ReplyDeleteHola James!.got your email good to hear you made it ok and are now back at base.Look forward to following your next project here.The return to base will be a most welcome event with that huge feast of a supper..suit you very well put back the kilos! and that hot shower etc..sheer luxury my boy.The end of the scorpion was not a pretty site..that jungle treck brings out the beast in us!Hope you enjoy the next phase as much as the first, and that your Spanish is improving?..Hola! with love from G Jean and Pappy
Luke Sussams - Alpha Five
ReplyDeleteIs there anyway you can get to the net before you leave to reply to my email?
Love you, Becky xxxxxxxx
To Emma van Selms Alpha 6
ReplyDeletelieve emms, ik mis je lieve ying!:( heb net een torenlange reactie achter gelaten op je waarbenjij en toen dacht ik ach, laat ik je ook nog even een dikke zoen verzenden via de raleigh radio! ems hoe leuk dit haha te grappig als je dit dan hoort via de radio! ems, ziet er allemaal geweldig uit bij jou zeg! wat een te kicke verhaal en foto's !! geniet ervan maatje! ik mis je, hier alles ook erg leuk in scheveningen, heel druk veel feesten en vooral veel vrienden makeen met goedkope wijnflessen van de appie hihi! arme student nou he! ems zal het niet te lang maken! hoe leuk deze site, stop hem bij de favoriete en hou het in de gaten! enjoy & disfruta big beso 4 life en dikke knuffel! liefs Emie aka Yang!
To Olly Longworth and all Alpha 1,
ReplyDeleteSo well done! You all deserve a medal, what an achievement! And much, much love to our Oliver. We've emailed you. Mumxxx Dadxxx and Georgexxx
Roisin McMillan, Alpha 8. Hello beautiful, it's so lovely knowing that you get to hear our messages. Please stop petting the spiders, they might bite! Your group sounds great, I hope your new one is just as nice. Love you and miss you lots, Keava xx
ReplyDeleteRachel Stanley Alpha 3
ReplyDeleteSpoke to continental - same flight to Newark on 12th then Flight 112 leaving Newark 19.20 on 13th arriving Heathrow 7.45 am on 14th. ie 24 hrs in NY They do have space at present but that can change, Let me know asap so that I can organise for you & ? others, Dadxx
Hi Jamie Keeble
ReplyDeleteHope you are all ok, please let us know where you are going to next and when - little concerned about the earthquake in Chile although I know you are in good hands. Granny and Grandad rang from Tenerife this morning after they heard that Costa Rica may get hit by a tsunami - so any news would be appreciated! Love you lots, Mum and Dad x x
Dad's gone go karting with Roddy and the Kirklington pub lot (not quite Dad's scene)Guy is at Wakefield Rhubarb Festival with the regional food group selling sausages (reluctantly) and Ellie has gone shopping with Camilla Irvine, so I am off to Masham with the dogs now, will check for news from you later!
For Sophia Carr-Gomm...I don't know what 'Alpha' your in...SOZ
ReplyDeleteSoph! It's me!
I just wrote a huge friiiiikin comment and i managed to delet it! What an tit!
Oh yikes....I just realised this thing is public so I musn't be rude or anything huh!
I hope your having the best time! I'm pretty jealous about the fact that your gunna be all tanned, so lets not talk about it...
I'm at Harley's right now....Harley's not here though, I'm baby sitting his little brother and his two friends...while Harley's out on the raz getting smashed...so that's nice..paaaaah!
I saw Matilda at Uncle Tony's thing...thing being funeral...I really hope you already know about that...cause that wouldn't be smooth...yes, anyway, saw Matilda, William and Gregory (Still can't tell them apart...but had nice chats with the both of them, and slyly got away with never saying their names....so they never knew that I had absolutely no idea who i was talking to, oh so sly)William/Gregory asked me if you were coming....I said no...obviously....
Me and Harley went to see Avatar again...we had candy floss...it was so good...
I don't really know the sociably acceptable length of these comments....so I wont go on too long...just in case..
Nothing exciting is really happening....HOLY crap thats not true....Granny might be getting an old people's motor chair wheely car thing! AHAAA....finally I can rome the streets on it...we can pretend to be old ladies! ha how hilarious! Also I'm going to New York in lAAAyke a week or summIT! :D
Mum forced me to polish my boots which really pissed me off....I was going for the 'old' and 'worn' look...but she LITERALLY forced me...so now they look all shiney and new...damn her!
Finally I have watched Fight Club and Pulp Fiction...you'll be pleased to know...both a little violent for my liking but whatever..
Everybody want to be a cat, cause a cats the only cat who knows where it's at, everybody's pickin' up on that feeeline beat, cause everything else is obsolete..
As this is public I wont tell you my cunning and ingenious Walnut plan....I emailed Paullina..So I'll have a little pray tonight, to the God of Walnuts...and hopefully PAULLINA TO THE RESCUE. If not, i have that cunning and ingenious plan..
I love you ever so much..I hope the foos alright...I was thinking about this the other day, if I go on Raleigh...the food thing is gunna be a BIG problem for me...hmm
Yes, I love you
Hope this wast too long, do apologise on my behalf to anyone that cares...you know what i meean!
I'm gunna finish up here...I miss you...
AND GOODNIGHT
I'm just going to go and shout at some small children...
lUVYA
Chaz
x
Hello Ben Braithwaite (XRAY 7)
ReplyDeletegreat to see you on San Lucas - great shot of you with the wheelbarrow! sounded wonderful.. Rodric sends his best as does Julia and Pipkin. shall find out about stopping off in US for you. all the best Mum and Dad great to skype
To Marijne Mak, Guanacaste Trek
ReplyDeleteLieve Marijne,
Je paar daagjes op Field Base om uit te rusten zitten er al weer op, het was heerlijk om weer van je te horen, je verslag te lezen, je foto's te zien. Nu op voor de trek door Guanacaste! We kijken nu al uit naar de volgende updates, maar daarvoor moeten we nog even geduld hebben.
Liefs van mama
Het kan soms heel lastig zijn,maar je gaat zo veel nieuwe indrukken krijgen,van de mooie natuur!Dat gaat helemaal lukken.TOI Toi Toi!!
ReplyDeleteEn een nieuwe groep,cool zeg,.Marijne ze staan allen voor het zelfde avontuur!!
Dikke knuffel ,Oma Riet
Uit het regenachtige Purmerend
Message for Peter Crosbie Alpha 7
ReplyDeleteHello darling
Los Tololos must have been a fantastic experience and hard work! Good to hear from you and looking forward to hearing what your next project is. We're all well here - however the cats are missing you especially Daisy who has been looking very forlorn! Dad and I had a great holiday in Grenada - got back yesterday - cold and wet here. Ell is in Venice and having a good time. Take care. Lots of love Mum and Dad xxxxx
To Marijne Mak, X-RAY2: Guanacaste Trek
ReplyDeleteHee marijne!
Hoe gaat het met de trek?! Hopelijk ontploffen de vulkanen niet als je er net op staat, hihi. Ik hoop dat jullie geen last krijgen van de aardbeving die er was in Chili, er is een tsunami alarm voor costa rica! dus we zijn blij dat je niet meer aan de kust zit ;)
Londen was super, heb de parenti meegesleept naar alle leuke shops. En Cambridge was ook super! als jij daar zit kom ik echt elk weekend, geen grappen! echt een superleuke sfeer daar met al die studenten.
Iedereen vind het trouwens superr knap van je dat je in costa rica bent, zo STOERRR :) haha. Lieve marijne, nog heeeel veel plezier met je trek (hopelijk kan je het aan om zoveel te wandelen, ik zou het zeker niet kunnen.. in londen was ik na een half uurtje lopen al moe zwak en misselijk ;p.. maar jij bent een doorzettertje dus dat moet je lukken!)
Ik mis je super erg maar hoop dat je het genieten vindt en je op je gemak voelt in de nieuwe groep!
xxxoxoxoxoxooxoxxxxxxx van je alllllerliefste zusje (ook al heb je er maar 1 :D)
byeeeee kus kus kus kus kus x 1 miljoen!
Hi Honey (Jess Gerry Alpha 4)
ReplyDeleteIt was so good to speak to you the other day, it makes us feel so much better knowing that you are really enjoying it. Thinking back to all those sleepless nights worrying about going, wondering if you did the right thing. Well done you!!!
I know we won't speak for 3 weeks but i will blog you. The time will fly by. It sounds as if you have made some great friends!
Alice went for a walk with Ben Tollen yesterday and she went out last night and he was out as well. She says they are just frinds, but I will keep you informed of any developments.
How are the bites, try not yo itch them, they may get infected otherwise.
I'll Blog soon.
Love you lots and lots and miss you.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
To Toby Morris, xray1,
ReplyDeleteHeyy! =]
we were trying to find your face in the pictures, but we couldn't =/
how IS your face?
good luck on the trek!
i bet your feet are tired!
kath says: are there any gingers out there?
jacob says: you're a towel!
we're going to help you win the competition - (message 1 of 90)
From Jacob and Kath xxx
Hi to Izzy Vyvyan - XRay 7 (?)
ReplyDeleteFantastic to speak to you on Friday - sooo excited to hear your voice! I hope you have an amazing time in Los Tololos - no doubt it will be a real culture shock and fascinating (as well as hard work) by the sound of things. It'll certainly help your spanish improve! George played for the colts again today straight after he'd finished playing for the U17s but won both games so he is 'well pleased' with himself! And he sends all his love - think he is actually missing his big sis just like all the rest of us. Everyone in the whole of wharfedale seems to be following your progress on the blog which is lovely - and now James Hutch has signed up to go to India with Raleigh! So you lot are being inspirational!Big hugs across the seas to you and lots of love, best of luck for your next project,
Mum xxxxx
Heya Joshua Mcwilliam Xray 6 Hope u r getting lots of chances to show off ur amazing salsa moves. Am keeping up with the blog xxx Katherine
ReplyDeleteTo Clare Davey Alpha 7
ReplyDeleteHi Clare hope you are having a great time. I hope you have been entertaining your group with al your hit singles. Cant wait to catch up with you and all your stories. What continent are you going to conquer next?
Unis great and am loving music more and more. A long way from our partner law firm but it could still happen.
Lot of love
Thomas
Emma Phillips Alpah 1
ReplyDeletehey hey hey emma hope your having an amazingly awesome time and dont have a silly amount of blisters etc :P sorry i wasnt here when you called... i was busy getting told i wasnt allowed to get into a club by some huge skinhead bouncer and then going back to ruperts to chill lol anyhoo have an AMAZING time brah love from your big brother ;) xxx
Emma Wright Xray 4
ReplyDeleteWel how's the new project going? Hope that you're settling in well and that you've managed to make a comfortable basher! Expect you're a bit of an expert in that department by now! Keep checking the blog to see when new assignments are in. Look after yourself and don't work too hard!! Ha ha. Miss you mtycc, mum xx