Thursday, 14 October 2010

Rumble in the jungle

We heard the rumble in the sky at about 3am. And then the torrent of  rain came pouring down. How are the venturers getting on at jungle camp training? Hopefully they were taught to build bashas and tarp tops properly to keep the rain out.



Heavenly bed


All set

Review






Trangias

A helpful boost


We're happy to report that everyone is back at fieldbase, hopefully skilled and better prepared for their actual projects. There will be fun-filled activities at fieldbase and of course the all important briefing and demonstration on health and hygiene, before we send the Alpha teams off on the first phase of expedition.

35 comments:

  1. Hi Adrian,

    Looks like you are having a great time, especially with the helpful boost.
    Glad to see you are keeping your hat, dont want to burn your head.
    Dad, Sue and Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voor Sophie ten Bosch (Alpha 2) Lieve schat- je hebt om te beginnen de trek...en ik weet hoe je erover dacht. Hoop dat het goed gaat en dat je prachtige dingen gaat zien. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To: Jayome Hutchinson

    Jay,
    Glad to see you arrived safely, I hope the flight wasn't too bad for you!! It looks like you are going to have an amazing time, just remember you have to come home at some point ;-) Missing you so much already, I can't wait to have you back home so you can tell me all about this trip! I'm hoping to get a letter out to you asap :)
    Enjoy yourself and make sure you don't miss me too much :P ;-)

    All my love,
    Emma xXxXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. for Amy Perkins:

    ¡Hola Bernardaaaaa! aww i fair miss you already. I was just going through some of our old textos and I'm sitting laughing by meself! I hope they print this off for you to read! I feel like I'm writing a love note mi principe azul ;) I just read a text from you saying 'Remember to ask bermanator to do the splits!' It sounds sad but I would love to be back in our wee Spanish class again :) Bueno, I'm rambling on so I'll leave you to your trekking and eating rice! This is the longest message that's been sent so far I think you lucky thing!! Love ee you chopin freak, enjoy the volcanos! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Carla in Alpha 7

    Got your email this morning - hope you're ok now. Have forwarded it as instructed and given Finn a big hug! I promise to give Holly a hard time if she doesn't do what you say! It all sounds pretty amazing stuff out there and although there'll be ups and downs I know you're going to be fine - you're in very good hands (I'm sure Holly will back me up on that!). India looks like it's on so will change your flight and let you know the details.... Had an interesting morning yesterday - will write!

    Miss you and love you loads

    M and D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. He lieve Tien,
    Eerst lekker naar de Schildpadjes aan zee!
    We blijven je volgen. Leuk dat ze deze blogs maken. Heb nu al 2 foto's van je gezien.
    xxxx van ons allemaal,
    Mammie

    ReplyDelete
  7. voor Caroline Wevers ( Alpha 5),

    He lieve TIentje, een testje of dit werkt.
    We hebben gezien dat je eerst naar de schildpadjes gaat aan zee! We blijven de blogs volgen, dat is wel heel leuk.
    Liefs van ons allemaal, dikke xxxx , mammie

    ReplyDelete
  8. To Graham Smith (Hotel 11/Alpha 6)

    Hey Gra, Its just me, I'm getting all packed to go away. Missing you tons but so glad your having fun, it looks amazing Im so jealous! Can't wait to see you again already, but enjoy your trip first! Can't wait to see your gorgeous face at the airport! Good luck building a water supply hehe! Have an amazing time, hopefully message me in 3 weeks? Thinking about you all the time,
    Love you, Katie x x x x
    ps.Dont forget to have a nice me al! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. To:Adam Goldsworthy Alpha2
    Hola Guapo :p
    I'm happy to know ur ok. I've been seeing the blog everyday. It's brilliant cause other way I wouldnt have any news from u for a long time. I already saw 2pics of u and u really look tired. Why do u have to be ready for sunrise?How is it ur group?
    It's defo much easier learn the language on the field but now u know how I felt when I arrived to England:p Should be more difficult for u though.Maybe when u come back u'll spk good spanish :)Things at home are ok but boring cause Ana generally makes more company.Im going to Portugal next wends and back sunday for 4days and then I'll go more 13days, I cant wait :p It really looks though the expedition in the pics I saw but the experience has no price, I bet u'll have a lot to tell me when u come back from ur trek.
    Take really good care of u :p
    Im missing you loadsssss xxxx
    Susete

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hiten, good seeing your pictures. You are definately living "I am a celebrity get me out of here". Have lots of fun, we are very proud of you.. Take care, we will be watching you all the time. Krishan is drawing you a picture and sending you a letter. I will send it in a few days.
    Love you lots, take care. love Raksha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachael Johnstone15 October 2010 at 12:35

    to amy perkins in 10L!

    wow, its amazing seeing what you guys are doing, im definitley jealous of the experience youll be having! im checking the website every day so i am! amaze, amaze say whaat! no gonna lie though.. roll on the 23rd of december ya hoot! i cant wait to see you and stroke your beautiful face! hahaha, if the person who gives you this message reads this he or she will think im so odd! im not- honest! its amyclare perkins you have to watch out for.
    yes yes, ramble-a-h00! SOPHIIEE--NAHH-haah!
    i love you more than a mosqito loves yer blood right now!
    be safe and sound! i want you all back in one piece without cooties or even a scratch on yoU!!!!!!
    FELFA PLACE AND A HAPPY TAIME!
    <3 besto. say. whut.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Holly, So good to hear from you. Not sure if you received my last email. Sounds like you are learning two new languages: Spanish and "English"!. The Alpha 6 project looks great. Hope you are staying dry. Dad, Natalie and Brett all say "Hi". Boulder Creek has an opening so I'm going up there to look with Carly and her dad on Sat. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jamie Devonshire15 October 2010 at 17:19

    Corinne!

    Parece que está teniendo un gran tiempo por ahí en Costa Ricacacacaca! Esperamos que el senderismo va bien, te he enviado un correo electrónico a largo biiiig para que usted lea a su regreso - Voy a estar en Hong Kong por el momento en que lo entiendo! Sigue trekking, póngase en algunas fotos más para que podamos ver lo que estás haciendo!

    Te quiero

    Jamie XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Harry Cousens alpha 616 October 2010 at 01:56

    Dear Haz,

    Great news about Leeds! Glad all is good. Looks like Im a celebrity on the pics! Take care of yourself. Off to take Mike to see consultant on Mon and will let you know outcome. We all love and miss you. Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Wai Sum Kwan, Summi

    How are you ??? Do you miss me nei !!! Its really happy to know that you are in the environmental phase. Remember to put the deet on !!!! Also enjoy the pineapple in the fieldbase, its really really nice. Enjoy every moment there, the view, the people in your group, the free time ( you will never be so relax in HK ). HaHa !! Take more photo and show us ! Miss you !!!

    Add oil a Kwan Wai Sum !!!

    Cheers,
    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mum,Dad, Daisy and Lucy16 October 2010 at 05:49

    To Charlie Gledhill-Flynn Alpha Team 5 Costa Rica

    Hi Charlie,

    We're sitting here recovering from Cherry Ghost last night. All very envious of your expedition to help save baby turtles. Earnshaw is coming over today to get his e ticket - we'll tell him to get in touch on the blog.

    Lots of love Mum, Dad, Daisy and Lucy( and a big kiss from Len)xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Pui Lun Chan, Terry

    Finally, its your turn la !!! Dont eat too much during the exped !! Get out there ( I mean your weight ) just kidding !! Haha !!! Enjoy the time !!! Have fun !!! When you look back, you will miss your time during Exped !!! Enjoy the pork and beans !! Hahah !!! Acturally, the fruit in Costa Rica is better than HK !!! Eat more !!!

    Add Oil Oil Oil !!!!

    Cheers,
    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  18. To Amy Perkins, 10L
    Oh gawd! I wish I was on fb yesterday so I coulda talked to you! It was about midnight last night that you commented, and I was at my friends 18th, possibly trying to remove my socks. Joe tells me I spent twenty minutes taking them off 'cause I kept missing, then looked around triumphantly and keeled over. Classy. I'm looking forward to your 18th! Ah! I'm just looking forward to seeing you again! Your comment made me grin like an insane person, it was so nice. I really miss you to be honest, you are amazing. Last night in cupar I was telling literaly everyone at the party about you, though I probably wasn't very understandable. Vodka is not a nice thing. Aw unlucky about the cold! Wish I was there to help. Ants! Ah! Don't be embarressed, I only saw one and you still looked incredible. I'm gonna try and send more messages, though this'll probably be the last one 'till next monday, 'cause I'm away to cyprus. Your not the only one who goes places haha, though I doubt mine'll be that interesting. I honestly miss you so much, and I think you are "Gorgeopus" as well. Yes, incredibly gorgeopus. And beautiful. Don't worry about the trek, you can do it! Yer no feart! I'll send more messages as soon as I can! Have fun
    Alex xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. For Carla in alpha 7:

    Darling girl,just picked up the phone to have a natter and realised oh WAIT you totes wouldn't pick up,as you are totes in Costa Rica.Woweeee.it looks INSANE,have combed through all the blog entries for mentions of you/glimpses of your face - building a community centre sounds veryy exciting and i am way jeal.(i really hope that they give you this comment words for word,iv deliberately abbrev'd because i know how you love ih..)

    I hope you are having fun and not lurgified,and that your hair is coping with the humidity.I pretty much think of you ALL THE TIME,having amazing adventures and being all...er..adventurous,whilst im holed up in the libes behind mountains of shakespeare.standard.have some hilarious stories to tell of my occasional non-libes based activities,but will save those for a letter because i feel that perhaps a public message board is not the place.missing you OODLES of course.all my loooveeee and a HUGE hug, swizz xxxx (nearly just wrote 'ness' there didn't i,but i fear this comment has probs reached its limit of private jokes...) xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holly,
    Just got back from B.C. apartment with Carly. She signed a lease. 7 months was the minumum length (Dec 20 - Jul 19). We have 72 hrs to back out if you or Carly want to. Pros: The place looks nice and great facilities, bus near by, grocery, library, upstairs unit(Carly said you wanted), southwest facing livingroom so you should get good light, washer/dryer in unit, lots of closet space. Cons: Entrance/livingroom faces street in front of grocery so could be noisy during the day (bedrooms face the other way so should be okay at night), no wood floors in upstairs apartments (carpet and either tile or linoleum - we didn't get to see inside of your actual unit so don't know what you have in the kitchen and bathrooms). If you can respond yes or no by Tues morning that would be great. Otherwise we will assume that you want to go for it. Hope all is well with you!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  21. For simrath Bhandal Alpha 7
    Hope you are well. Anxiously waiting for your first report. Missing You. Have fun.
    love Harjit

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi garry pearson, hope all is going great for you , missing you and hope you are keeping well .
    love mum and mike x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Martin Fallon, how are you? It looks really exicing what you are doing, Ive seen the picture of your group, none of you in the jungle yet, Mitchell wants to know if you've seen any monkeys.
    Hows the food? We,ve just being making cakes, Mitchells saved you one for when you get back!!!! Granny thinks your staying in a 5* hotel, its easy to go along with her.
    have lots of fun and keep safe love from all of us back home xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Msg for Louis Jonesco Alpha 3
    Just got back from Grandad's, the op went well - looks like he'll still be able to wear his glasses!! Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton - sorry - but have new owners rah! (owner of Boston Red Sox) Storm and Diva Fever went from X Factor. Hope the next stage of the adventure goes well, thinking of you. Have you washed that green t shirt yet? - I've seen it in 3 photos now! Have fun, keep safe and enjoy. Hugs and big love Mum, Dad & AJ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Victoria Golding Alpa 6
    Hi Vit. Not sure that I am doing this right! Hope you get this message so you know that we are all thinking of you. It's really cold here and looks lovely on the photos where you are. Sounds a brilliant project to be involved with, lots of love mum and dad

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Happy Happy Birthday Ellie McCarthy (Alpha 1) for 18 October. Hope you have a fantastic day we will keep following your advetures - lots of love and thoughts all the way from Ensay - Jenny, David, Charlie Max and Sam. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  27. To Ellie McCarthy Alpha 1

    Happy Happy Birthday Ellie. This is one you will surely never forget. Hope the trek is going well and you are not getting too rained on - here it is a balmy 28 degrees, we will save some for your Xmas visit! Have a great day, thinking of you and dying to hear all the stories as only you can tell them. Stay safe and have fun, fun, fun. Love ya,

    Lea and Brian

    ReplyDelete
  28. message for Simrath Bhandal (alpha 7)
    Hi Sime
    How are u getting on - We are all fine and missing you awfully. Avnita is at uni now and so we are alone and as I have been attending a course on the 'Art of Living' I have not seen much of Dad. Everyone has been asking after you and wishing you the best of luck. How did you travel to Nicaragua? The photos show everyone having a lot of fun - hope you make the most of this and have a good time and make lots of friends.
    Take of yourself
    you know we love and miss you
    Mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ben Walters A4 San Lucas

    Hi Ben,

    enjoy prison:) and watch out for those bugs, spiders and snakes, have a fantastic time and looking forward to hearing about your adventures in a months time. Oscar's still sleeping outside your door!!!

    love Jim, Angela, Oscar, Monty and Archie!!!XX

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Sime
    Its my b'day today and am missing you loads. How ar u doing? Avnita may be coming home this weekend - she is not sure - I am going out this evening with Massi. Renu Massi, Auntie Kelly and Auntie Tal - Auntie Anola may be joining us - Auntie Shami may come depending on Aji and Isha - both have had food pisoning since last Sunday - had milk shake at Scoops!! Rest all is good. Dad - as usual is busy. It is getting cold though the sun is out.
    Was hoping to go to see Dhaan this weekend but thayaji and family are going to a wedding so will go next Sunday - I talked to Kirin and I might see her during the week. Her cousins are here from Canada and will be spending time with her. Everyone is fine. Take of yourself.We love u and miss u. Enjoy yourself
    Love Mom xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bharti Bhandal for Sime (Alpha7)
    Hi Sime
    Sent message yesterday but did not include your name and group so you may not receive it. I had a great birthday - went out with Massi, Renu Massi, Aunties Kelly and Tal. Was fun. Spent day visiting Dinesh and Auntie Moni - both not well and that is why Auntie Shammi could not join us. Aji and Isha have had food poisoning since Sunday!! Dad is fine - working as usual and Avnita has settled into her house. But is a little stressed with all the work she has to focus on. She will come home next weekend as we will be going to see Dhaan. Thayajis are going for a wedding this weekend. Spoke to Kirin - she is fine and will try talking to thaiji/Preeth today. I am fine - have been busy this week trying to sort my recipes out.
    Take care and have fun.
    Love you
    Mom, Dad & Avnita

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lauren Armstrong23 October 2010 at 15:50

    Hola Miss Turner

    How are you? Are using the DoE skills taught by mr wright?? Weather shitty back home its been raining and it is staRtIng to get cold. I didn't get the Robert ferg job but may have another job after xmas cant say too much yet but you will find out when your home as should know by then. Anyway just thought I'd leave a quick message before i go on hols.

    Miss you

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Message for Sime (Alpha 7)
    Hi Sime
    Wish we could see some pictures of you. Everything is ok - hope to hear from you soon.
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  34. Caaaatje!!!
    Jeeeej ik heb je blog gevonden! En ik heb een foto gespot waar jij op staat! Hahah, dat was even een opgave, dankuwel, ga ns wat meer voor de camera staan, wil je?? Hoe is t daar jongedame? Hier is alles top, behalve dat ik je heeel erg mis! je turtle groeppa zag er echt prachtig uit!
    Bel me snel of ping of sms of iets :) als je weer wifi of stroom ofzo hebt daar in de rimboe.
    Ik heb niet normaal veel zin om je weer te zien in december!!
    Kus xxxx Cé

    ReplyDelete
  35. hi garry hope all is going well and that you are still enjoying it
    love mum

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thank you for visiting our blog. Comments are monitored daily and we will ensure messages are promptly delivered to your loved ones. Please ensure you state the name of the person to whom your message is addressed. This is so we don't miss any out. Muchas gracias!

Pura Vida!