We met Delta 2 a couple of days ago. Here´s a rhyme from Lucy Pearson about Delta 2 ´s experiences on the Momotombo trek. It was her birthday yesterday - Feliz Cumpleaños Lucy!
Boarding the bus in tropical rain
getting this phase into motion
Early panes of condensation
clear to reveal
The first piece of Toberlone
Momotombo.
What a sweet deal.
Eating porridge
to give us courage.
Let´s get started
we´re going strong
since we departed.
Delta 2
That´s the crew.
If you look, you´ll see us strollin´
´cross Nicaragua we´re patrollin
Pioneering
Cheering
No fearing.
We´re rich in Cola
high on puritabs.
Lovin life
despite
the pain and the strife.
Tired feet
covered in Deet.
Sweat and suncream
grim as it seems
protect us from UV rays
on these long, hard, hot days.
Thought we´d get lost
but we got the map.
Thought we´d be thirsty
but we got the tap.
Thought it would be dirty
but we purified it.
Thought we couldn´t make it
then we found the cola shack.
We are survivors.
We´re gonna make it.
We´re gonna trek it.
We´re gonna get there!!
Pictures: Simon Keirle
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Message from Lucy to her twin sister Ruth on their birthday
You and me
now 23!
birthday bone
no mobile phone
spending the day with a great group
could only be better if you were here too
nice for me, nice for you
nice for us.xxx
Hannah Leach - Alpha 5
ReplyDeleteRoo - car's gone ....big tears sold it to a traffic cop from Abu Dhabi - he said if I ever wanted to drive it again to give him a call! Came away with a big wodge of cash which I had hide for the rest of the day.
Saw your photo on the bus to Nicaragua sounds like an epic voyage, water melons and all. Looking forward to seeing Alpha 5 featured on the blog.
Barnaby back to school today and Mum back tomorrow night with Mandy Collins for the Tennis. Will keep the comments coming, hope they are getting through.
Love Dad
Message for Jessy Boon Cowler - Delta 2
ReplyDeleteHello Jess!
I hope that my last message worked..?! Anyway it is lovely to see some pictures of you today!!! So exciting!!!
England is very rainy but today I've been making some banana bread.
Hope that everything is fabaf. Miss you!! Lots of love, Jess xx
Message for Mags Chilaev-Delta 5
ReplyDeleteHello Mags! Maya sent a message to tell me about everything your doing out there, i hope your well buddy and good luck! Would be great to see you soon, from Aidan Kirkwood.
Lucy Pearson Delta 2
ReplyDeleteHi Lucybone, it's that I am ever so keen on your rhyme. I had a very jolly nice time for our birthday. It looks very nice for youuuuu in the jungle. My flowers from Sandy arrived alive this year! Jam Jam helped me buy some new shoes to wear to the pub for birthday drinks. Then I got my hair cut and highlights and now I look like Barbie because it is well blond! Lots of people came out and it was very fun! I went for a walk along the beach today and looked at the seagulls, you are having a look at Tu cans most of the time I expect, nice for you! You look like a cool dude in your hat with the pretty scarf around it.
<B-) (that's youuuuuu, that's what youuuuu look like)
Lots of love from Ruth
xxxx xxxx
Message for Claudia Mendzil - Delta 2
ReplyDeleteHi Claud
Great to see the photos of you from the trek. It looks like you are having a fantastic time. I'm printing them off as I write to send them to Nana and Grandad.
Alistair had a good birthday on Wednesday. He was very pleased with the Hollister smellies you left for him. Janet joined us to watch him in the school performance of Godspell and then we all went to Don Vincenzo for supper afterwards. Wish you'd been with us but I think I know where you'd rather be!
Lots of love.
Mum, Dad, Alistair and Cato (who has claimed your bed!)
To Lucy Pearson Delta2 Delta Projects Momotombo Hey Luce! You seem to be having a great time. Liked your rap!(and seeing the photos). Hope you enjoyed your birthday.Lots of love Sandy
ReplyDeleteFor Claudia Menzil Delta 2
ReplyDeleteBabe!! hows it going?? i miss youu!!!
you look like your having an amazing time :D im still not used to having you around....and now jason has gone to america im wishing i had gone travelling b4 uni....but all is good.
how are you coping without alcohol?? lol!!
i bet you come back with such a good tan.....so ive bought myself a bottle of tan so that i dont look like milk next to you ;)
hope you eating well :) ... im comfort eating waaaay too much...should probably stop. meh :P
when can we pen pal each otherr? :)
love you!!
Pawseyyy
x x x x
Para Andres Chavarria: "Muy bien; y ahora; cuentamelo todo.
ReplyDeleteBien hecho mae, de parte de sus trillizas que te entiendes?
Muchas Gracias; y yo el suyo.
Dearest Jessy Boon Cowler - Delta 2
ReplyDeleteFlorence here. Looks amazing I will be following your adventures closely. I got the job I went for, also had an interview at the BBC on Friday & we got DFA tickets! Also you're there with Lucy, what a huge coincidence-we used to work together at The Venue. Hi Lucy!! That's all my news. Hope you're having a great time. Love you xxx
For Jessy boon cowler. Delta2
ReplyDeleteWoooohhooo! So good to be actually able to see you! Hope you are having fun on that trek and that your feet aren't too sore...that water looks lush!! Put this link up on your facebook and seemed to be well received but don't think anyone got the gist of what to do so will do again with clear instructions!! I love you so much and thinking of you all the time..London has lost it's sparkle, a million kisses for you xxxxxxxxxx alex xxxxxx
Today is foggy. I am having dahl in a tub for lunch.
ReplyDeleteI am team leader at work on training week. I get to make up quizzes and organise a multinational fashion show. I have made my name badge to say ‘King’. I hope my team wins.
My shorthand is getting slowly better. It is a crazy business but good OCD fun.
I liked the poem your friend wrote.
I hope the trekking is good and you are finding good songs to sing when you do it and maybe good quizzes to play.
I’ll write some more fascinating incites shortly. It’s good because you never need to feign interest, but bad because I never get to hear your more exciting news!!! Anyway I really like the pictures
I miss you a lot, I wish I was with you!!!!!
i forgot to say that that was to Jessy from Katy!!!!
ReplyDeleteMessage for Jessy Boon Cowler - Delta 2
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work - you're making us all very proud of you :-)
Kisses from Raine and Heidi xxx
For Simon Keirle Delta 2
ReplyDeleteNot sure if my last message went through so if not, here it goes again..... I saw a photo of you (I think!) on the blog. Looking good. Matt tells me that the team are missing you badly. They drew the last two games. Tigger looking lost and wandering aimlessly around. Hope you're having fun. Lots of love Mum
To Sem Veeger Delta 2
ReplyDeleteFrom Pim & Kiki
He liefie, even een krabbeltje vanuit een tropisch Mobasa. Vanuit 0 graden naar 30 is wel een hele overgang. Jij kent dit ook :-))We zijn beide zo rood als een kreeft en de apen hebben hier blauwe ballen. Hilarisch. Ze pikken alles van ons bord. We hebben even internet en worden elke minuut op onze vingers gekeken of we al klaar zijn. Zo te zien aan de foto's hebben jullie het fantastisch. Ben erg benieuwd hoe het je vergaat. We missen je. Je had hier zo bijgekund. Het complex waar we zitten is uitgestorven op een verdwaalde amerikaan en oude engelsman na. Zondag zijn we weer thuis en mailen je verder. Dag lieverd. LOVE!!! Kiki en mam
to Delta 2 / Christiana Florman
ReplyDeletehi darling , loved the picture of you ! you look in great shape and hope its fun - looks amazing . All well here . We miss you . We keep posting blogs but cannot see them appear at our end but hope you are getting them . Here it juts rains . All family well . Hope the camera is working . Did you get your Valentines card ( though I dont know who its from ! ) lots of love Dad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is for Christiana Florman Delta 2
ReplyDeleteHi Darling,
Hope all is well and that you are having fun. love the picture of you. Off to Bali tomorrow.
lol Mummy
Jessy BC Delta 2
ReplyDeleteHi Jess, hope this message doesn't crash the computer like the last one did! The herb garden looks lovely today, it's sunny and the little birds are singing. Hope you are doing ok, I would LOVE to hear even the tiniest peep from you - is that possible at all before you get home? Much love, Mum xxxxxxx
Este Mensaje es para Ignacio David Camacho Piedra Delta 5.
ReplyDeleteNacho mi hermano; comosesta ud?, casi no sabemos nada de ud ojala y la este pasando de lo mejor ud se lo merece. No encuentro nada actualizado de su grupo. Ponga algo en su face o algo, a todos nos hace falta mae. Cuidese.
Muchas gracias; y yo el suyo. Mau.
This is for Christiana Florman Delta2
ReplyDeleteHi Chrissy, Photos are soooo cool, looks like you are having a fab time. Take lots of photos!
Big hug from us all lucy, Ella and Florie xxx
For Christiana Florman Delta 2
ReplyDeleteHi Chrissy,
Hope you're having a great time...it looks fantastic.
lots of big hugs
M&A&L&E&F xxxxx
Delta 2: Hey Jessy-B, my love, hope you're ok. pics look fab, your wee brothers have just had a nasty d+v bug, which i got, but thankly mildly - good time to NOT be babysitting (hope you not experiencing same stuff) - YOUR DAD, NEEDLESS TO SAY AVODED IT - HE ALWAYS DOES!!)
ReplyDeleteWe'e all thinking of you, your dad's been out rocking again, hence my little message. Bye for now
Kirsty xxxxxxx
For Christiana Florman...Delta 2
ReplyDeleteHi Chrissy
Hope you are having a great time in CR .We love the picture of you looking cool in your headband.
Big hugs
Lucy , Ella and Florie xxx
to Sem, Delta 2
ReplyDeletehee Semmie, Ik ben bang dat er iets niet helemaal goed gaat qua mails. Ik had afgelopen maandag een lang bericht naar je gestuurd en nu ik op de blogs kijk zie ik dat het bericht van mam en kiki vanuit Kenia wel is geplaatst en dus aangekomen en dat van mij niet. Baal ik enorm van. Ik hoop dat je dit bericht dan wel ontvangt. Te gek wat je daar allemaal doet liefie. Lijkt me echt een supertrip! Zal lang niet altijd makkelijk zijn denk ik maar misschien is dat voor jou wel het geval. Naar ik hoop heb je het heerlijk met de mensen in je groep. Ben erg benieuwd naar je verhalen over deze trekking. Enjoy this great experience! veel liefs, plezier en succes voor jou and all the group! Bearhug, pap
For Simon Keirle Delta 2
ReplyDeleteHi Simon, hope you got back to the trek OK and are now pounding out the kilometres again. England beat France 17-9 in a tight game on a very wet pitch. Alex played 60 mins. No games for OTRFC or CFC today. Love the pictures. Looking forward to next email. Lots of Love Dad
for Elizabeth Hedges, Delta 2
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying reading your blog, it sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Sophie has been home for a few days and catching lots of mice for me. Anna and Ben are here for the weekend. We are looking forward to seeing you and all your pictures, lots of love G Heather x
claudia medzil delta 2
ReplyDeleteHi Hunnybunny, Hannah is right,she is eating waaaayyy too much!!!little fatty she is now lol. Are you having a good time or are you just working like a dog? Both I hope. When are you back? All too soon I guess. Well take care sossidge. xxx
For Elizabeth, Delta 2,
ReplyDeleteI hope you are enjoying the trek, Sam was home last Friday on his way back from staying with James and Debbie for a couple of days. He is thinking of applying for medecine! He will have to do a 1 year course to bring his science up to A level. Also he has been accepted as a PM on the Raleigh Borneo project starting early June. He will miss Claudia's family coming over for her graduation and Sophie's wedding which is sad.
Dad and I went to the Playhouse to see "Journeys End" a play set in a world War 1 trench. It was very good and Fran and Mike and the Kays were there too.
Laurie skyped us yesterday, we are still planning to visit him at the end of May, you could come too if you like. We plan to go to reunion and an island where Afra's broters sculptures are.
Dad and I worked in the garden and moved the sheep to the Collice in the rain yesterday, you are so lucky to be, as I imagine you are, treking inthe sun. I hope your feet are ok and the in-growing toenail behaving itself. Like the photos so far. I am reading Venture into the Interior, itrs so sad.
Lots of love
Mum xxxxxxxx
For Elizabeth, Delta 2,
ReplyDeleteI forgot to say I was on Radio Oxford last week talking about Mediation. I had to speak live on the breakfast show to Phil Gayle. It was scary but fun. My clip was repeated so I couldnt have done too badly! Lots of love, Mum xxxxxxxx
For Claudia Mendzil Delta 2
ReplyDeleteCLAAAUUUUUDDDIIIIIAAAA!!!!! I was blatantly doing some stalking of your fb profile, definitely saw the link your dad posted on your wall, and very nearly (unashamedly) wet myself with excitement when I found this page with you on it!! You look like you're having such a good time and I am just a tad jealous that you're in such a ridiculously cool place and I'm in England.
University is going well. I'm just squandering my loan on drink and going out so I think I can safely say my time is being spent productively. There is literally nothing interesting to report, so I'm just going to have to wait until you come back with all of your exciting adventure stories.
I know you're having the time of your life out there and it makes me smile just thinking about it :) Stay safe!
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!
Douce xxx
To Andrés Chavarría
ReplyDeleteDelta 2
From: Má
Te amo hijo, espero que estés bien, hace días no suben nada de Delta 2. Te pienso cada día. Diviertete mucho hijo!
To Elizabeth Hedges Delta 2
ReplyDeleteI told Sam I gave you his notes and he confirmed what you thought that they are not worth anything but he was keeping them as he liked them. Hopefully you can bring them back with you! loads of love, Mum xxxx
Franc 4 Sem Del2
ReplyDeleteHi Sem, no news from Delta 2...guess you're all happily lost in that great jungle down there...Cool eigenlijk dat er even helemaal geen contact is met the outside world. Volgens mij is dat ook precies waarom jullie daar heen zijn gegaan...so, enjoy the great silence! Bearhug, pap
For kazakao Laird
ReplyDeleteDelta2
Happy Birthday son! Writing again as I haven't seen the post come up so you may get two or three posts from us. Trying not to miss the birthday. Love from all of us, jeanette and Colin send specially. Mum is in her carnival mode and I travel out to grenada for the week on your birthday. Paddingtons going to Tampa on Thursday. Kai injured his knee pretty badly so is pissed off he couldn't do his trial.
Love you plenty and look forward to hearing of your adventures.
dad
Hi
ReplyDeleteThis is a message for Kaz Laird in Delta 2.
Happy Birthday! Enjoy!
with love from Suzy & Ricky, Laura & Nikky
PS Still 4points ahead!
Foor Jessica Bridge-Dunk Delta 6
ReplyDeleteHi Bunny,
Hope that you are ok.
I am in the kitchen writing this. Have just had my breakfast.Hope that you are eating well. Would imagine that all those beans give you lots of energy! Wonder if you get chance to help with the cooking?
Outside is grey and cold which when you are missing your smallest Bunny makes the whole thing seem a little bit worse.....
Am going to do all my jobs as qickly as possible and then do some baking,maybe some Brownies! That would take the edge off your abscence !
Had a good time with Auntie J on Monday evening. She sends her love.
Better get going and get busy.
Love you so much and look forward to hearing more news of Delta 6.
Your Mummy x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
For Simon Keirle Delta 2
ReplyDeleteJust had to let you know(if you don't already) that Chelsea beat Man Utd 2-1 yesterday evening. You would have enjoyed watching the match. Everything fine here but I'm hoping you are enjoying better weather than here, it feels like winter will never end. There have been no further photos or news from Delta 2 on the blog so have no idea what you are doing now. Will keep checking! Keep well, love from Mum
or Vicky Pot- Delta 2
ReplyDeleteEchtgenoot.
I misshh you!
I'm so happs to see this picture of u and ur fellow troopers. You look byoooootiful and i'm so happs to see ure shmilin'.
I just had half term and we went to london for a few days which was gareat... the wag palace is missing u though.
I want to ask u a million questions but seeing as u cant reply i dont think that would be such a great idea.
I hope u're having fun with ure group and that uve already made new buudiess!
I cant wait to see u in less than 6 weeks!
Good luck and look after ure self ok?
BIG KISSES x million :')
Sas
for Chrissy Florman of Delta 2
ReplyDeleteHi darling sweetie !! Mum and I are in Hong Kong airport coming home from Bali , back tommorrow , looks like all is well - like the poem on the blog and the blogs too / all well at home - we had a great time in Bali with the Days , my new thing starts March 14th which I am looking forward to . Tali is fine - we are watching her in lacrosse nationals on Saturday , and Katia is doing well - we had a lovely dinner with her in Oxford a weeks ago . Peter is in Cayman , Nick and Izzy are fine - Yiayia and Granpa and granny too !! The house is a bit empty without you though . with so much love / Dad & Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx