Here at fieldbase we have a few permanent members of staff who keep coming back for more- they just can’t get enough of Raleigh! Here they are being interviewed for the blog....
![]() |
| Keiner |
Keiner (aka K-Dawg)
1. How long have you worked at Raleigh?
1 year
2. What kind of things do you do here?
Promote Raleigh, recruit potential Host Country Venturers, offer them all the support they need before, during and after expedition and create links with youth organisations in Costa Rica and Nicaragua.
3. What is your favourite Raleigh Moment?
The arrival of the HCVs on this expedition was incredible. The energy and songs among people from different countries together as a huge family was amazing (see video in previous blogs).
4. If you could do an expedition what kind would it be and why?
Trek, over and over again. To visit different places every day, to meet new people and to see how people change in positive ways makes an adventure really special for me.
5. What is your funniest Raleigh moment?
Making videos with the team ZERO – Fieldbase staff!
| Don Martin |
Don Martin
1. How long have you worked at Raleigh?
6 years
2. What kind of things do you do here?
Security, logistics, repairs (vehicles, tools and infrastructure) and I drive the bravos (Raleigh vehicles) (K -" and a lot more").
3. What is your favourite Raleigh moment?
Every moment is special, but during the expedition it is very exciting to meet new staff and I like it when old friends send letters to me.
4. If you could do an expedition what kind would it be and why?
Community, I’m worried about poverty and injustice. I want to help families to have better living conditions.
5. What is your funniest Raleigh moment?
Making the video of "Pork and Beans" on the last expedition (K – "Don Martin rocks!")
Sandra
![]() |
| Sandra |
1. How long have worked at Raleigh?
9 years
2. What kind of things do you do here?
Cook and make friends (K – "she’s also the best hugger in the world!")
3. What is your favourite Raleigh moment?
When everybody is at fieldbase, the energy and happiness is lovely.
4. If you could do an expedition what kind would it be and why?
Community, it is an amazing feeling when you help people, for example providing fresh water for families.
5. What is your funniest Raleigh moment?
When people wear fancy dress for parties!


Lara F Delta 5
ReplyDeleteHi darling hope all well I read you are starting soon Thinking of you and love you
lots Mum
Message for JESSICA BRIDGE-DUNK! Delta 6!
ReplyDeleteHey Jess,
Just doing a bit more procrastinating while I should be doing my assignment. It's only pass or fail - don't think I react well to that! Just been reading other messages - Dad seems to think Dan is baking a big cake for the weekend. Hope he doesn't get his hopes up too much!!!!
I've got an interview for the Suffolk teaching pool. They pay your expenses to go down so quite looking forward to a night away! I haven't got a school placement for May yet...grrrr....still enough time for uni to get it sorted though I guess.
My news is quite boring but I remember when I was away I enjoyed hearing what everyone had been up to. Do they read these messages out on the radio? Or just bring em along when you've got visitors?
Hope you're having fun! Do they do Soy Lattes where you are? Ha hopefully it'll get you liking GOOD coffee rather than ... dare I say it ... starbucks!
Loads and loads and loads and loads of love
x x
For Camilla O'C - Alpha 6
ReplyDeleteHello Cam. Sadly Arsenal scored a couple of times and won 2-1. Hopefully they will lose the second leg. Mummy sends lots of love and a hug. Wet weather coming this weekend. Enjoy the heat. Mummy will be in Managua from 19/4 to 3/5. Love you xxx
Sarah Ellard, Alpha 2.
ReplyDeleteYOOOOOOOOOOO, how goes it in the bliss that is costa rica? and you are in alpha 2, ITS THE BEST! I am so jealous that you are there, wish i was. you are not missing anything over here, it is boring. got auditions for drama school over the next few weeks and guess what i am singing.....Wicked, Dancing through life!! made me think of good times. take it easy, drop me a line sometime.
Tom Campion xxx
saludos carito fernandez h.alfa 5 en esta pagina conocimos keiner. que tantas veces lo nombro . espero que en esta noche se encuentren bien y disfrutando de esta mavavillosa luna. en compañia de sus hermanos extrangeros y familias nicaraguenses.
ReplyDeletesaludes a chema mondragon alfa 6
Hannah Leach Alpha 5
ReplyDeleteRoo - 10 days gone already can't imagine how many different experiences you must have had in such a short time. Hope you are getting loads of pics!
Selling my old Land Cruiser at the moment and dealing with the locals who only want to pay 10 dirhams for it, its a bit like the barter sketch in Life of Brian only for real. May find I have to trade it for a couple of camels...will let you know how it goes. Voy buscar mi lugar feliz.
Loads of Love Dad - Pura Vida
Go ZERO! Te quiero mucho, Sandra, Don Martin y Keiner ... muchos besitos y abrazos!!
ReplyDelete-Maryann (la chinita de 10L)
For Charlie Hockless Alpha 4
ReplyDeleteCHARLIE!! Happy birthday!! Hope this message gets to you soon and sorry if it is late! Hope you are having an amazing time out there. I'll have a drink and a steak for you tonight...! Speak soon, lots of love kitty x
For Rebecca Eno 11C Delta 3. Hi Darling All well here,hope you're getting our messages. Finally heard from Bob who says you can definitely stay in the Autumn, so that should be fun. M just back from a long run,T upstairs not sorting out her things with Em, so nothing new.Much love M x
ReplyDeleteMessage to Sarah Lamming (Delta 5) ... What you doing in Nicaragua? I thought you were going to Costa Rica? Did you get lost? Get on the wrong plane? Did you inherit your mum's sense of direction? Hope you're having a fab time, even though you're in the wrong country :) I'll be following the blog and looking at the pics, so get yourself in front of the camera loads, please. Love ya, Lucy
ReplyDeleteTo Chris Reynolds (Delta 3)
ReplyDeleteHi Chris, hope all is going well and you're having better weather than us - it's cold and damp here! How's the road building going? Told your nana about the snake you've seen - she's crossed Costa Rica off her holiday list now!
Speak to you again soon Love mum, dad and Alan XX
annelotte jens 11c delta 1
ReplyDeletelieve annelotte, lees dat je nu echt de rainforest in gaat, moet spectaculair zijn ! Houd je het nog een beetje vol ? Pieter en Roos hebben vakantie nu en Max B. hoort niet meer bij de club, jammer voor Roos. Hier alles verder o.k., Pieters kamer is zo goed als klaar, en voor Roos gaan we van de week nog wat spulletjes kopen.
Ik lees dat jullie wel de krachten moesten bundelen om de rivier over te steken. Ben je erg nat geworden ? En heb je al wat leuke dieren gezien ? Durf je in het donker wel je ogen dicht te doen en hoe zijn de geluiden ´s nachts ? Veel liefs, Mam
For Duaa, Alpha 4
ReplyDeleteHi Du,
I had a fruit salaad for breakfast today and thought of you...the only thing missing was the fresh organic yogurt!
I hope you're doing well, I miss you loads. I went to Ni3am's yesterday she misses you and says hello, it was really funny listening to Shamee Kapoor stories as always ;)
Still no sign of your letter...are you sure you sent one? lol
Keep taking your vitamins, and stay dry!
I love you!
ShuShu, Maroo, Mama
Message for Rosie Webb- Alpha 6
ReplyDeleteRosie! Just seen your team picture. So proud of you! Can't believe you're actually there. If you haven't already received it, I did send you a letter so expect it soon! As usual I have some 'interesting' news to tell you about what I've been up to which might make you smile (yes it's health related! :s). I'll put it in my next letter. Missing you so much! Love you lots!
Claire
xxxx
To Eliana Leon:
ReplyDeleteNANA!! estoy en su casa :) ayudandole a mari con unas cosas de quimica! jaja
Su papa dice:"la sola voz de susi me hace estar cerca de nana"
llorooo! :(!!!! que lindo don Eli!!
La extraño mucho naniii!!! asi pero dems dems :(
Disfrute maa! pasela lindo... la quiero!!
Elizabeth Hedges,
ReplyDeleteIts so cold and grey here! Dad and I are on our own this weekend and Dad is lighting the fire this evening. We went to supper with Michelle and Tony last night and ate our lamb cooked with anchovies, a Tony special.
I spent a night with Granny Heather last week and had a lovely walk on the sea wall with G Heather and Sarah and Philip. Phoebe did a lot of digging up rocks. Dad's bike was stolen from Darbys car park last week, he was very upset but he has now bought a new one. Its different and he says its better than the old one.Sam rang me several times this morning as he was cooking a roast lamb and needed guidance! He texted me a photo of the end result and he had friends round for lunch so I think he was very proud of his efforts. We are planning on going to Mauritius at the end of May. Laurie is still having a good time and is coming back early for Sophie's wedding.
Lots fo love
Mum xxxx
Message for Jessy Boon Cowler - Delta 2
ReplyDeleteDear Jessy (lolol),
Hope that you're having an amazing time!!! I have been sending you emails since you left and I don't think I really understood that I should have actually been sending you messages on here!! So please don't think I had forgotten about you!! (and if you pass your local internet caff you can read all my mail from the first week!!)
I miss you so much!!!! I keep nearly accidentally calling you to tell you really funny stuff. Hope that you're having an amazing time and please be in more pics so I can see everything!!!
Anyway I hope you weren't sad that I hadn't messaged before...I have been reading your blog all the time and now I will be posting it all the time!!
Lots! and! lots! of! love!
Lil J xxxxx
Sander ten Haven Alpha 4
ReplyDeleteHoi Sander hoe is het ermee? Wij maken ons op om te vertrekken naar de Bahamas We vertrekken a.s. dinsdag! Liefs maman
Sander ten Haven Alpha 4Lieve Sander, Wij hopen dat het goed met je gaat.
ReplyDeleteWe hebben al 2 foto's van je gezien.Met opa gaat het langzaam beter.We hebben ook jullie berichten gelezen.Phia en Lo zijn nu bij ons en gaan daarna naar Teteringen. Liefs Epi.
naniin espero que esteee super bien me imagino uqe super aratonada y doloridaa!! espero que este comiendo bien jjajajaja le lucen los zapatoss hey y sale muy sexosa en la foto de como una catarata o algo asi mmm buenooooo nenaaaa la quieroooo muchisimoooo y me hace faltitaaaa chaoooo eliana blade!!! bueno no pude poner la cosa esa me comio jajajja soy gi
ReplyDeleteFor Jessy Boon Cowler, Delta 2
ReplyDeleteHi Jess, two weeks down and only 8 to go!!! On planet Mum that's a fifth of the way through your trip! Not much happening here - except I plan to take you for a pedicure and foot massage when you get back, followed by a slap up Vietnamese meal. :) Are you ever going to be able to contact us while you're away? It would be so good to hear from you - photo's are great but I'd love to know how you are feeling... Ethna rang again so I'm keeping her up to date on what little news I can give her. Go you Bee, love you lots, Mum xxx
To Sander ten Haven, Alpha 4
ReplyDeleteHi Sander, Wij zitten op Grand Bahama en zagen vandaag een brug in een natural park gebouwd door Raleigh Venturers, wij moesten natturlijk gelijk aan jou denken. Duco en Miron missen je wel tijdens deze vakantie, maar op fotos zien we dat het goed gaat met je. Liefs Mama, Papa, Duco en Miron