Fieldbase dropped in on Zulu 2 again for their second food drop, this time in Purisil. We spent a fun evening with the group behind a pulperia, complete with showers and toilets. Though the new trek has taken on some sort of notoriety throughout this expedition, Z2 are taking it well in their stride. Venturer, Michael has penned a few words for our blog followers:
 |
| Zulu 2 - Day 10 |
The Journey began for Zulu 2 in Cimarrones, where the group of eager trekkers stepped off a bus and into torrential rain. The Zulus stare at maps of teasing contour curves, rivers and roads - or tracks? who knows?
So with heavy backpacks not weighing down our aspirations to walk like we have never walked before, we head southwest; bound for jungle, bogs, rivers, bridges, hills, mountains and eventually, the beach.
We tackle each obstacle in our path, be it at landslide or wild rivers and are halfway through the adventure destined for "El Dragon". With spirits higher than ever and a fresh set of pork and beans in our bags, we venture back into the wilderness after a four-day break from the rough and tumble of the jungle.
Zulu 2
ReplyDeleteSimrath
Hi Sime
Your photo tells it all - you are having fun!!wet, tired but happy!!
We are all fine. Amy gave birth to Robin Alexander Maddison on Sunday 6th Dec. Both doing well. Thaiji and Thayaji are going to India on Friday - returning in 4 weeks. Hope to see Dhaan when you are here.
Counting days to 18th Dec.
Love and take care
Mom
A zulu 2 Ariana Marcela, al fin te vi en una foto ahora en tu nueva etapa, muchos saludos te quiere mucho. Maritza
ReplyDeleteTo Graham Smith Zulu 5
ReplyDeleteHey gorgeous, really hope your okay think this is the last time and can write to you and here and you'll get it!!! soooo excited to have you back I cannot wait to stay up talking all about your adventures! Love you to bits hope the turtles are fun sounds sooo cool!!
Find out if Im gonna have a job or not tomorrow so ill let you know aaaaahhh fingers crossed for Liverpool hey?
The weather here is still awful so so icy and loads of snow near my GP practice i really hope your plane can land, ill get to you some how! Save some battery on your phone incase! No other news really its my last day of GP tomorrow, then off to Nannas on thursday Mum lands in London Thurs afternoon so am looking forward to christmas number one this weekend, i really really wish you could be here though :-( But will see you very soon 10 days!!!! ahhhhhh so excited!! Enjoy the final days honey, miss you like made
Love you x x x
ps. bet your excited for sausage rolls, chips and beans at your mums!! I cant wait!! xxxxx
To Jack Harrington (Zulu 1)
ReplyDeleteSo it’s hot where you are huh? Lucky for some eh! Some of us had to trudge (is that even a word?) through the snow/ice to get to the first internet access they have had in days. Oh the joys of Leeds. Turns out there is a limit to how much tv I can watch, which came as a great surprise. Just in bodington waiting for 3 hours of “manual handling” (don’t get too excited, it’s not apparently the fun sort!). On a cheerier (less Grinch who stole Christmas) note, you’re back soon :D:D:D Hope you are having a superb final phase, and are getting the much needed muscle for your six pack :P. I love you and missing you madly. Take care, and can’t wait to see you :D Mandy xxxx
Hiya Lyd Not sure if you will get this now? Couldn't miss you in that yellow top! Really hope your trec has gone well and the jungle bit better than Angus's. Still snowed in, hope we can get you back here! Cant wait to see you on the 18th. Have the most fantastic 18th Birthday on the 16th.... I am sure you will! See you in 10 days.... lots and lots of love from all at home xoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteMichael Michael
ReplyDeletearite peah, hope you having a fun time cant wait for you to come back, only 2 weeks to go then you have to but us all Christmas presents in the short time you have left.
loveyou and miss you - the michaels
to Caroline ( Zulu 6),
ReplyDeleteLieve Tientje,
Ce is nu vertrokken. Gisteren hebben Fietje en ik nog even thee met haar gedronken en de schoenen/short meegegeven. Echt een gek idee . Zeker omdat je nu nog in Nicaragua zit.
Hoop een van de komende dagen nog iets van jullie te horen via het blog. Volgens mij maken jullie zulke leuke dingen mee! Ben ook heel benieuwd hoe het Spaans gaat. Hier zit Fietje midden in haar PTA's en is Rob even aan uitzieken ( bijkomen). Sinterklaas was gezellig (met oma)langzaam verandert er weer van alles. Ce weg, Dido morgen weer thuis( begreep ik), een aantal alweer met de studie gestopt, ouders Mats en Mies alweer bijna naar Australie. En jij nog een heel nieuw traject voor de boeg. Nog eventjes en dan spreken we weer! voor nu heel veel xxxx van ons allemaal, Mammie
Carla - Zulu 3
ReplyDeleteThere was a big yellow teddy bear waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs this morning! I guess his room is a little too chilly for him first thing or perhaps he just wanted his morning kiss! You probably won't get this message now until you're back at fieldbase and finished your trek. Hopefully the snow and ice here will be gone by then but Scotland's had some pretty dramatic weather with all the motorways closed around Edinburgh, airports shut, 900 schools closed, people stranded in cars overnight and temperatures down to minus 15! I did call Cat as I was a bit worried but poor thing has gone down with some sickness bug and she sounded terrible. The uni delayed her exam for one day - big deal! Can't wait to hear from you and that you're ok. I emailed Sarah about your flight and she said that you were doing brilliantly - I'm so proud of my little girl! Random gossip - did you know that Lulu Guinness's mum lives at the end of Broad Street? It's amazing what you pick up from other people's conversations! Love you loads, M xxxxx
A Zulu 2 Ariana Marcela, espero estes bien hoy es dia feriado por las purisimas, la ciudad esta alegre, espero verte pronto y que pases navidad en familia. Karina te envia saludos esta en Managua viviendo, no se cuando venga. Saludes Josue desde la playa, Karina y Maritza
ReplyDeleteTo Charlie Gledhill-Flynn Zulu 2
ReplyDeleteHello Lovely (:
I hope you're enjoying your trek, it sounds like you got it at the best time when they have the best route. I also hope you're not getting to soggy! I'm mega jealous if it's hot, it's so cold over here, the whole park has frozen over and become a massive skating rink (: Which is not fun to walk over haha. There was a protest today in Manchester, my friends went and couldn't even get out of the train station to do the protest so I'm glad I didn't bother going! Less then two weeks until I fly out to see you, could literally not be more excited right now :D and we have confirmation from Earnshaw of a holiday in August, there's 8 of us going to Lanzarote for 1 week. I'm desperate to go to Bencassim but no one else wants to go :( And The Strokes are playing! But there is a festival in Barcelona in May that I might go to with my sister (: Sorry all my bits of information are so random haha! Oh and your friend Dom Lynch was in my lecture today, he has been for the whole semester but he's only ever come to two and the last one is next week haha! Didn't even know he was in the same lecture as me :P Oh the most exciting thing ever, when I break up next Wed I'm literally not in until February because I only have to come in for two exams in January, so happy :D not many other things to tell you apart from the Blink-182 tickets came :D I so hope they play Glasto! Keep happy, not long until I see you at Christmas, enjoy the rest of your trek! I miss you so much and I love you lots gorgeous Xx
Lydia (Tea-Pot) Barge , Zula 2
ReplyDeleteHello there ! I have just seen one of the photos of you in ur bright yellow jacket! love it :) hope you are keeping well and staying strong on ur trek! There has been lots and lots of snow here in scotland, so hopefully that will mean we get a white christmas! ( lets go sledging!!! ) i have one more week of Uni left, i get home the day before you! im counting the sleeps..really looking forward to seeing you and hearing all about your adventures. apologies about the massive anti-climax of a parcel that i sent out to you however dont fret, the presents are all sitting waiting for you at home. Can not believe you are nearly done, dont have you at home for long though! love you lots and lots. see you very soon, have a FANTASTIC birthday when it comes and we will celebrate when ur back! Love and Hugs from Cj xxxxxxx
Message for Amy Cooper
ReplyDeleteZulu 4
Hi Amy
How is it all going?I really hope you have had some lovely,sunny weather! It looks like a scene from a Christmas card at home, there's ice on the trees that doesn't thaw as it never gets above freezing. Sorry for my weather obsession- I seem to give you an update every time I blog!
Bec is having a busy week, it's the school production of Hairspray over 4 nights. She's playing the saxophone on stage and the staff are dressing in 50's fashions. I wish we lived closer to Manchester, I would have loved to have gone to see it. A bit too far on a school night!We're having a new fire fitted next week, it should have been done today, but the marble surround wasn't cut out accurately and so it's got to be sent back.
We're really looking forward to seeing you soon, the time is going so quickly now, I hope you enjoy the remaining days on San Lucas. I bet you would like to start all over again, wouldn't you?
I've started to write my Christmas cards and have sent one to Carla in Santander,but don't have Fernando's address.
I'm just about to start writing Dad's work cards, so I'll go now.
Will be in touch again soon,
Missing you lots
With lots of love Mum and Dad xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To Charlie Gledhill-Flynn Zulu 2
ReplyDeleteHi Charlie,
Hope the weather is improving. You all look a bit wet( but very happy) in the photo. Britain is still frozen with everyone struggling to get about. We went down to Cornwall last weekend with Ann and Taff and the temperature was -12.
Lucy is busy performing as '' the fat sister'' ( no comments please) in a production of "A Christmas Carol'' at Burnley Youth Theatre and is pleased to have a week off school. She has her mocks nxt week though and I've no idea when she'll find time to revise.
It's all feeling very Christmasy here now, although I still have lots of presents to buy before we fly out on the 21st.
Hope you are keeping well. We can't wait to see you.
Lots of love Mum xxx
for victoria golding
ReplyDeletehey you, another stunning picture i see :) looks like well hard work but hope you are enjoying it. i am so excited to see you soon :) Take care. love you. lucy xxxx xxxxxx
Ariana Marcela (Zulu 2). Muchos estan preguntando por ti, tus tios, abuelos y amigos añoran tu regreso. Espero que las estes echando todas en la recta final. Te esperamos y te queremos con todo el corazon Josue, Karina,Maritza
ReplyDeleteTo Beki (Zulu 1)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday :) Hope you have a great day and that you have reached the beach so you can relax on your bday. Can't wait to see you next week as i'm missing you terribly.
Love you so much Beki, I always will
Dave
xxxxxxxxxx
Ariana Marcela (Zulu 2) Hola hija como te va, aqui la ciudad esta alegre por las purisimas y noches de compras, tus abuelos esperandote para la celebracion de la navidad, hoy celebramos el cumple de tu abuela, saludes te manda y esperandote con ansias. Te queremos mucho y a dar todo por el todo. Besos y abrazos te quiero mucho.
ReplyDeleteTo Charlie Bowden (Zulu 1)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Have a Great Day! Love from John & Lesley
Anna Woollett Zulu 1
ReplyDeleteHi love I hope all is well with you.
I guess you will be feeling a bit homesick now with little time to go now.
I am hoping this comment reaches you in time.
I was waiting for a Zulu 1 report to come in to tag a message to but no luck.
No matter.We will all be waiting for you when
you get in at Manchester.I hope to see you at arrivals everybody else will be
at the station as arranged.
Just hoping the poor weather forecasted doesn't materialise.
Be great to see you again!
Lots of love
Dad XX
Zulu 2
ReplyDeleteSimrath
Looking to having you back at home. Shall be baking your chocolate cake tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait for Saturday.
MOM