Welcome to the official blog for Expedition 13A. We'll be keeping you posted on all the happenings of life on expedition from 10th January to 11th April. Check back and please send us your comments, it's free and easy. ¡Pura vida!
Wednesday, 18 February 2009
Slideshow from Alpha four
You may have noticed that the slideshow from the previous post was missing - we've been having a few technical difficulties uploading it so we've put it into a seperate post and that seemed to work ok! Here you go...
Great slideshow Alpha Four. Many thanks. looks like you're doing some good work. Calum, I'm off for a steak in Houston this evening. Enjoy the beans & rice... Dad
that camp looks amazing and dare I say...it's definitely tidier than your room! Ste's even more jealous now he's seen the photos...maybe it will inspire him eh?
Everyone looks like they're working extremely hard, although I couldn't help but notice that there are no photos of you actually holding anything that remotely resembles a spade...I'm sure it's just a coincidence?
Had any close encounters with any Costa Rican critters yet...any of the six/eight/no legged variety?
Hello to everyone working at field base in Costa Rica.......... Thank you so much for all your hard work in keeping us posted. The pictures of Alpha Four are simlpy great. They all look happy and hard at work. We simply love the blog, so thank you very much for going into all that trouble but I must say, it makes a big difference to see the group at work. Hana's family
Hi Adam @ Alpha 4 Super photos...no excuses for your room when you return..that camp looks spotless ! Trail looks pretty impressive too...I'm sure there is a job in the Outwoods for you this summer !Thank you fieldbase for sharing this adventure with us. Will email you Adz in the hope that you might be able to pick it up at changeover.Lots of love Mum and Dad xx
To Hana damirji would you look at you! golly, you're a PROPER JUNGLY GIRL! it looks so exciting, am MOST jealous of your adventure, you sure i can't package myself there? how's mrs o been treating you??? got the hang of everything? i do hope so. lucky we've got words for these things eh? pre-made. not like the boat situation. that's marginally more complex. but not much. hope you're well and having as much fun as you look like you are love emily xxxxx
What an idyllic setting. Shot yourself in the foot there, Sean: this is making you look way too useful on the labour front. Your father'll have you doing all sorts of jobs when you come back! Although, come to think of it, I didn't see you with any heavy tools! Liked the picture of the abandoned wheelbarrow - must have meant another tea break! All the best to all of you x
Hola, Fieldbase! What's happening about the 'Wildlife Watch' section? There's at least a sloth and a scorpion (cleverly using a spade) to show, maybe other pics too!
Your blog is fantastic - thank you for keeping it going so well.
hi dominique,what a surprise all these great pictures of work and campsite.I'm impressed how nice and cosy all the bedrooms look and I even spotted your orange mug.Was hard to find you on the pictures,took a while before noticing you've had a serious haircut! Ghislaine says it looks like a mohawk....I gues it is more comfortable and less hot this way.Fieldbase has planned a nice program for this coming weekend.They keep us well informed !
Hi Adam Alpha 4 Its saturday here so G and G have just seen the slide show , there is some good work with the shovel .You will be able to dig grandads Veg patch when you get back. Hope you enjoy the rest back at field base. Expect some post in the next week or two. GG and S
Thank you for visiting our blog. Comments are monitored daily and we will ensure messages are promptly delivered to your loved ones. Please ensure you state the name of the person to whom your message is addressed. This is so we don't miss any out. Muchas gracias!
Great slideshow Alpha Four. Many thanks. looks like you're doing some good work. Calum, I'm off for a steak in Houston this evening. Enjoy the beans & rice... Dad
ReplyDeleteHey Kayleigh,
ReplyDeletethat camp looks amazing and dare I say...it's definitely tidier than your room! Ste's even more jealous now he's seen the photos...maybe it will inspire him eh?
Everyone looks like they're working extremely hard, although I couldn't help but notice that there are no photos of you actually holding anything that remotely resembles a spade...I'm sure it's just a coincidence?
Had any close encounters with any Costa Rican critters yet...any of the six/eight/no legged variety?
Keep up the good work Pooch,
love from all of us x x x
Hello to everyone working at field base in Costa Rica..........
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for all your hard work in keeping us posted. The pictures of Alpha Four are simlpy great. They all look happy and hard at work. We simply love the blog, so thank you very much for going into all that trouble but I must say, it makes a big difference to see the group at work.
Hana's family
Hi Adam @ Alpha 4
ReplyDeleteSuper photos...no excuses for your room when you return..that camp looks spotless ! Trail looks pretty impressive too...I'm sure there is a job in the Outwoods for you this summer !Thank you fieldbase for sharing this adventure with us.
Will email you Adz in the hope that you might be able to pick it up at changeover.Lots of love Mum and Dad xx
To Hana damirji
ReplyDeletewould you look at you! golly, you're a PROPER JUNGLY GIRL! it looks so exciting, am MOST jealous of your adventure, you sure i can't package myself there? how's mrs o been treating you??? got the hang of everything? i do hope so. lucky we've got words for these things eh? pre-made. not like the boat situation. that's marginally more complex. but not much. hope you're well and having as much fun as you look like you are
love emily xxxxx
What an idyllic setting.
ReplyDeleteShot yourself in the foot there, Sean: this is making you look way too useful on the labour front. Your father'll have you doing all sorts of jobs when you come back! Although, come to think of it, I didn't see you with any heavy tools!
Liked the picture of the abandoned wheelbarrow - must have meant another tea break!
All the best to all of you x
Hola, Fieldbase!
ReplyDeleteWhat's happening about the 'Wildlife Watch' section? There's at least a sloth and a scorpion (cleverly using a spade) to show, maybe other pics too!
Your blog is fantastic - thank you for keeping it going so well.
hi dominique,what a surprise all these great pictures of work and campsite.I'm impressed how nice and cosy all the bedrooms look and I even spotted your orange mug.Was hard to find you on the pictures,took a while before noticing you've had a serious haircut! Ghislaine says it looks like a mohawk....I gues it is more comfortable and less hot this way.Fieldbase has planned a nice program for this coming weekend.They keep us well informed !
ReplyDeleteLove from Calgary,mama
Hi Dominique,
ReplyDeleteI saw that you have a mohawk/shaved head.
I saw the pictures of you're camp.
Looks fun, hot, and dusty!
Ghislaine
How's George of the Jungle? Glad to see your keeping your chess skills honed! All in Z send their love.
ReplyDeletexxx M
Hi Adam Alpha 4
ReplyDeleteIts saturday here so G and G have just seen the slide show , there is some good work with the shovel .You will be able to dig grandads Veg patch when you get back.
Hope you enjoy the rest back at field base.
Expect some post in the next week or two.
GG and S
Quick message to Olivia Knight. Great to see what you're all up to! Love from Chris, Merry, Matthew & Jenny x.
ReplyDelete