We're happy to report that all of our Echo groups have now reached their destinations safely and are starting work on their project sites or setting off on their treks. Echos 1, 5 and 6 spent last night in a school in Jinotepe on their way to our Nicaraguan projects.
It was another very early start yesterday morning as the Echos were up at 3.30am to deploy for Phase 2 of their expedition but they were all full of smiles as they boarded the buses:














To: Randall Vargas
ReplyDeleteFrom: Álex
Hi!
I want to write to you this last time to congratulate you, I'm happy to hear everything was okay...
I hope you have enjoyed this amazing new opportunity in your life...
I enjoyed a lot while watching your little play, what a video... :-)
See you on Sunday!!!
Hi Ana (echo4)
ReplyDeleteHow are the turtles?
Hope the beach is fantastic? Just thinking about the mangrove swamp and wondering about the bugs. Don't think you'll be afraid of a moth after this trip.
We are all missing you. Quiet here today as Brian is off at a stag weekend camping, canoeing etc. Dad has gone to run a race the "seven hills" so am hoping he comes back in one piece. I have to do the shopping which will be more strenuous for me that all of that.
Niall and I will run later as part of his regime. He and I are off to Spain Monday week.
Granny's birthday Monday and Uncle Rory the big 50!
Hugo has been ironing!!!
Hope you are collecting lots of turtle eggs- it's a really good job that you are doing.
I'm sure the craic is great.
We love you lots.
xxx Mum
Bravo 2! Sorry i didn´t say bye to you and jamal and vanessa and annie properly, I thought i would see you again! it is a good sign though...it means i will definitely see you all again and get a hug then. have a great rest of expedition, i will call fieldbase and email once i am back at work. I loved nicaragua, was so cool travelling about with you and getting to know you. sorry i spat toothpase and ice cream in your face but i think in some cultures that is a sign of affection.
ReplyDeletetake care give my love to everyone
x x xx xxx x x xx x xx x x amy
Rose Brown was alpha 1 could be echo 1.
ReplyDeleteHello Rose, Hope your ok, i have been looking at blogs everyday to see what your up to. Looks very challenging but i know you can do it.
Look after yourself.
Lots of love
Linda, Howard, and gangxxxxx
Margit Takacs
ReplyDeleteGroup: ECHO 3
Hi Gitti,
Hope you are well...we are all very proud of what you are doing and are really enjoying your updates...missing you though...hoping to see you back in Europe soon.
You take care and keep in touch over email...:))
Lots of Love
Krishna
Will, Echo 1
ReplyDeleteHi Will: hope you got to the start of your trek in one piece and will enjoy seeing the various volcanoes. We were at the Carnival today in Grenada and have many photos! Would have been more fun if you were with us though. We're leaving for home Tuesday 10th and will send message to say we're back in one piece. Have a great time and much love, M +D
Hi Tina (Echo 4)
ReplyDeleteThinking about you a lot and hoping your time at the hatchery is as amazing as nicaragua was for you. I'm wondering what it is you are doing! I hope it's something fantastic and to be proud of being part of. Can't wait for your next update. Lola is really missing you - she's been in the garden but not in the house at all for the past week or so. I'm at Gary's for a few days to get my assignments underway because the internet at ours has gone completely for some reason - i think its the modem box thing. Anyway i'm sorting it but need the internet to do my research. Liam and Julie feeding Lola. Well hope you're enjoying yourself. I'm missing you and love you loads - wish I was out there sharing all your experiences! Take care sweetheart and keep putting the mozzie cream on! Love you, Mumxxxxxxxxxx
Anthony Shapland - Echo 4
ReplyDeleteForgot to add.....can't believe you were actually up at 3.30 AM ....and you even managed to look AWAKE in the photos!! Must be the air out there....or those wonderful Turtles.....Enjoy!!!!!! All my love, Mum xxxxxxxxxx
Will, Echo 1
ReplyDeleteBack from the warmth of Grenada to the rain of London! Hope the trekking is going well and you are enjoying the smell of sulphur! All well here and about to celebrate Charlie's 18th tomorrow. Will keep cake for you! Much love and hugs, M+D
Hi Anthony (Shapland) Echo 4
ReplyDeleteI've sent you several blogs now - but they don't all seem to be appearing....so I'm not sure if you're getting them?! Thought I'd have another go and see if this one appears. Anyway - all's well here. I spent the day over at Vincent and Micki's yesterday, preparing the Nursery for them. I put a border around the walls, hung the new curtains and am now washing all the little bedclothes and covers etc. Dad came over after work and put up shelves and pictures - as well as putting the cot together, with Vincent, and fixing up the chest of drawers. We didn't finish until after midnight - but it looks lovely and is all ready now....for the arrival of Peanut!!! Will let you know as soon as we have any news! Hope Phase Two is going well with the Turtles. It must be amazing. I'm sure you've taken plenty more photos...and don't forget the Journal as well! Vincent was looking on the map to see where you were located. He said that you are way further down than he was. Looking at the photos brought back lots of happy memories for him. Anyway - let's hope you get this Blog. We've sent some postcards as well...so they might be at Base Camp when you get there next. Look after yourself and keep enjoying every minute of this once-in-a-lifetime experience!!! Lots and lots of love, Mum and Dad xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Tina (Echo 4)
ReplyDeleteWell how exciting! You are rescuing turtle eggs - 1000 in a night it says on the blog - I can't believe you're part of something so fantastic! Making night beach patrols too and clearing up the beach; it all sounds wonderful. It was amazing to get your quick email over the weekend - seeing turtles having fun! It's just something you will remember forever. I'm back at home now - Gary's fixed the internet. It's something to do with the modem box and we can't get enough power from one so we have 2 there now! I don't understand but it works so that's ok. I only have one week left until I start work - next monday (it's monday 16th today) - so I'm frantically getting on with assignments and research so I can get things out of the way before I start working. I think we can have the house we've found but it won't be ready til mid October but thats ok - we're just waiting for a verbal agreement. Not looking forward to moving and all that packing! Lola's still missing you. We've been here all weekend and not seen her yet! Anyway, hope you get this blog ok and I just want to say I'm missing you loads and love you loads too. Keep having fun and enjoy monitoring the turtle nesting habits! What a project! Love you Tina, Lots of love from mum xxxxxxxxx
For Rosalind Bown, Echo 4: Your Southampton offer is now Firm, dear love - well done! Much doom in the papers about all the excellently qualified folk who won't get places this year... I'm now a Hotmail and Soton Accom site junkie, and will report back as son as they pop up again! I've saved the 'offer' email in your Contacts list, so it will pop up on your log-in page when it comes.
ReplyDeleteAll fine here. Nick's in France, I hope genuinely enjoying their Monteverdi tour with AAMusic. He might hear by tomorrow about a second interview at Manches - to get a training contract would be SO amazing... He's paid his deposit to accept the place at the College of Law, tho he also had an offer from BPP (another private law college).
We'd at Eli Gow's wedding on Saturday - so looking forward, lovely Eli... And we'll see G&G on the way. She's asked me to start investigating Jewish sheltered housing places for next year (after her trip to Israel, she thinks), which could work if not too far away from all of us.
Dad and I are OK, in my case hoovering up admin before our short visit to France from next Weds (to stay at Connie's house in Normandy with N&N) - can't wait! Which reminds me, need to sort cats ;-)
We're v pleased and relieved for you, love, re the uni place - well done! - and looking forward to hearing more/speaking when life allows. HUGE HUGS, darling love! Mum xxx
Mi arita bella: hace ya un tiempito no te escribo pero es que con la escuela y los otros chicos, ando de locos....eso sí no dejo de recordarte....Ayer me tomé un cafecito con Ilita y la Bopi que al fin regresó, y que está lo más bella...Porsu hablamos de vos!!! Te ví en una fotita, qué linda, como siempre...Me imagino que seguís disfrutando y aprendiendo mucho. Cuidate, un besito, YE TEM... MOME
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Nikki Fullwood (23rd Aug). I thought id send you this message today in the hope you receive it on your birthday, if not then you cant say i didnt try!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a fab day doing whatever you are now doing (Ive lost track a little bit). Have an amazing birthday and looking forward to speaking to you soon.
Lots of love, kisses and birthday wishes
Leah and Will xxx