Time flys when you're having fun, and so it goes here on Expedition 10F which is now two-thirds done, if you can believe it!
All our Echo groups are now safely back at Fieldbase for their second changeover after an amazing phase spent trekking across volcanos, building community centres in remote Nicaragua and protecting turtles on an idyllic Pacific beach.
Tomorrow they'll have a day to relax in Turrialba before the much anticipated Phase 2 skit competition and an 80s/90s dance party in the evening. Then before you know it they'll be receiving their final project allocations and deploying for Phase 3.
We've already started collecting photos and project reports from the Venturers, which we'll bring to you over the next few days. We'll update the navigation menu in the the right hand sidebar so you can find all the photos and info from the projects you're most interested in.
Stay tuned.
Saturday, 21 August 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Colita Echo 6, glad your back and on your way to your next phase. Guess what I was over uncle richards house playing in my card tornament and here comes a bithday cake, we were all wondering who and what, well uncle Richard's son's birthday was on the 17th so I got a chance to celebrate his birthday and thinking of you while I had cake and ice cream. I was surprised and so were they. Aunt Libby has been asking for you also' told everyone that I haven't heard a thing from you for awhile. It's too bad that no one has returned your phone. But anyway I do hope you get a chance to get to the computer. Delonte asked for you just last night about hearing anything, but hopefully I will so I can tell . Jumari leaves onseptember the 2nd so hope you can go on facebook to say hi to him, he too was asking he said
ReplyDeletegodma Kathy told him your birthday, he said he can't believe your 18, you don't look it' Did you get the tees I sent you please give them to some friends you met so they won't forget you. Your body must be aching from that trek, but must come with some pride, give yourself a round of applause, because I am applauding you and so are others. I miss having talks with you, at now at 18, you always make sense even if it's funny. I heard that you will be doing skits, bring on the performance and the dance should be right up your alley because they will be playing old school. Anyway enough for now until then, miss you, love mom. Over and out from home base BERMUDA.
Hi ana echo 4
ReplyDeleteDear ana
last night i went to the cinema to see karate kid with brian and caoimhe. we had resturant we went to the pizza resturant i had a small pizza and chocolate fudge cake and ice cream.
it was good fun.
i went to spain with mummy and niall i saw cosimo,zeno, zuzu, zui, anne, ghazi, we had a great time. we went to beach and swimming. we had spaghetti bolognaise.
i love you i miss you
xxx niall
Welcome back, Anthony Shapland (Echo 4)
ReplyDeleteHope Phase Two was a great success...and you can now take a well-earned rest. Enjoy the party....although you probably won't recognise any of the music(!!!!)...and catch up with all your friends from Alpha 6. I'm sure you'll have lots of stories to swap with each other. We're looking forward to seeing the next batch of photos...and can't wait to find out where you are off to for your final Phase. Vincent has just called in and sends his love. No 'Peanut' yet....but it's 'countdown' now! If all goes well - you'll be returning as Uncle Anthony! What a thought!! Anyway - as always - take care and look after yourself. We are all enjoying following your progress. Try to send another email if you can. It was great to get the last one. Have a wonderful time. Lots of hugs and kisses from all of us here. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To Catriona Till Echo 1
ReplyDeleteHi Trins,
Thank you for the call it was such fun to talk and hear about your trek. We're so glad it went so well and that you managed to find your way out of the jungle!! Looking forward to seeing the photos. Have lots of fun on your last project. Keep safe and well xxoom&d + lots of love from amz too.
p.s. Hope you remembered malaria pill :)
To Nikki Fullwood Echo 6
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Hope you have a great day and a good trek too. Have fun. love from Tilly's mum and dad
Hi Colita echo 2, received your message, that was so funny, somethings never change. LOL.
ReplyDeletespainish rice. you have to use stewed tomatoes and tomato paste in the dish and seasoning. At the begining you have to put stewed tomatoes and tomato paste in a pot with water boil down and if you have chrico chopped that up ,put that in then add your rice, not a lot of liquid because you have to steam the rice down low with a top on it. It's better to have less water because you can always add more water but if you have too much water the rice will be smushy just like when I make my peas and rice. Anyway I won't send you anything else because you won't get it in time. I'm glad you received your package hope you liked it. I tell everyone you said hi. Well I'm glad to here that your not starving because you and food. LOL.
Well hope you like your last phase and I thought about you with tracking did you see Appollo Ono in front. Atleast that's behind you on to your last stretch. Have lots of fun and don't bring those tees back. Talk to you later love mom
For Rosalind Bown (Romeo 1): Greetings to Romeo 1s as you head off for all those live volcanoes - wow!
ReplyDeleteGrandpa has sorted the cheque for Halls at uni, and will definitely be there tomorrow ;-) And I'll sort the Band Camp - couldn't find on Fbook (I tried, honest, love!) but will sort via the conductor we know there or the music dept...
Still no news of Nick's interview but he seems v chilled. They're going to the Prom tonight, and Dad and I are going to stuff the HCO mailing list with the Alders over dinner there (!).
Huge hugs, dear love, Mum
Hi Chris Morris
ReplyDeleteThanks for the email - really great to hear from you. Can't believe you have finished your second project already. Good to hear you enjoyed the turtle project, it must have been really rewarding. Looking forward to hearing what you will be doing next. Everyone is fine here - Daz passed his A leves, Joe is even more of a monkey than he was and is chatting lots. Love from us all. xx
Catriona Till - Romeo 3, Echo 1?!
ReplyDeleteHIYA (if this gets to you that is- I'm not convinced I'm doing it right!) Sorry I haven't left you a message before now. I had the impression before you left that I'd be able to send you a weekly message giving you updates about all the exciting things going on in the Shire but unsurprisingly nothing of that sort has really happened, and so whenever I've thought of what to write in a message to you I've been stuck to think of what I should put! It's my birthday today (very upset you have neither sent me a card, email or tried phoned me by the way, ha ha ;) ) I haven't done a lot as it's my only day off this week (eurgh) so have chilled out a lot instead, and then everyone who's around is coming out tomorrow night. Thought I would start the night off at mine with nibbles and cocktails. Wish you were here for it :(
I'm sure you're having an ace time. The photos your mum's put up on facebook are pretty cool- though she's tagged you in a photo of a turtle. I'm wondering if she's forgotten what you look like after such a long time apart?! Anyway, in order that this doesn't turn into an essay I'll stop here. REALLY looking forward to seeing you on the 16th. LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE from Holly xxxxxx
Message for Tina ambrose. Think this will get to you. Just a little message becky is having a baby..... this couldnt wait any longer for you to find out! just a message to say good luck on your trek. wish you well.
ReplyDeletemiss you!
claris xxxxxxx