One of Raleigh's key aims in all our countries of operation is to involve local volunteers in all our projects both as Project Managers - this expedition we've got the amazing Oscar leading Delta 3 in Alto Pacuar - and as Venturers.
Through our Host Country Venturer (HCV) program, young people from Costa Rica and Nicaragua can join the expedition and add a really special dimension to our project teams. And the man who facilitate this is our lovable HCV Coordinator, Keiner - known simply as K around Fieldbase.
A former HCV himself, K is a dedicated to promoting Raleigh, recruiting potential HCVs and offering them all the support they need during the expedition. Plus he's one of the niciest guys you'll ever meet... romantic too, girls.
1) What are your responsibilities at Fieldbase?
I recruit and support host country venturers before, during and after expedition, I establish relationships with youth organizations and maintain links with the Raleigh Costa Rica Society.
2) What can't you live without?
Music is life, I carry the music with me everywhere... and a umbrella.
3) You're about to embark on a week-long road trip to Nicaragua and you can choose one person, living or dead, to be your co-pilot. Who would it be and why?
Gabriel García Marquez
4) What are you most excited about doing in Costa Rica & Nicaragua?
My first time out of Costa Rica, both (the official to Nicaragua and the illegal by mistake to Panama) I was like a happy kid.
5) Who's going to win the World Cup?
Holland! I like Dutchies!

K DOG!
ReplyDeleteHi Colita, It's Godma Kathy,I miss you, have fun, and when the bugs bite, bite them back
ReplyDeletesorry keiner but spain won the WC woohoo!!
ReplyDeleteFor Ryan Buchanan. Alpha 6. Miraflor Community Project.
ReplyDeleteHi Ryan.
I managed to work the website. I found a photo of you and you look great. Wish I could be there too.I will follow your expedition on the web. Remember to have a blast. Love you lots.xxxmum
p.s miss you already