Oscar Saborio, Daisy Bareham, Daniel Cowell, Tim Carden, Polly Roberts, Qi Li, Martine Kruseman, Luke Sparrow, Esteban Aguilar, Sue-Lyn Cashman-Pugsley, Kala Rudman, Emily Marley, Andy Martin, Hannah Love, Steph Davis, Ronald Caballero, Adriana Solorzano
Delta 3 will be based in the Cabecar indigenous community of Alto Pacuar, which is about 2 hours walk from the nearest road.
The Ministry of Education recently opened a new secondary school in Alto Pacuar. The only problem is that they only have one recently constructed classroom for the nearly 60-70 children, so they currently receive classes in a community centre. Delta 3 have plans to build two new classrooms to accommodate the extra classes.
Alto Pacuar is located in the Chirripo Indigneous Reserve, one of the remotest areas of Costa Rica.
We spoke to Delta 3 PM Sue-Lyn before she headed out with her team: "Our project site is such a stunning and unique location, unlike anything I've ever experienced. I'm really excited about the opportunity to get a different world view and help my whole team get a new perspective on their own lives. Plus I think we're going to have a lot of fun."
Julian's fascinating fact: The group will be living next to one of the Cabecars' most famous sukias (witch doctor).

Excellent! We just have the update from Delta 3 with pictures. Thank you the photographic and blog team. Your Dad wants you to ask the sukia for an infallible cure for us fat people. We have spent the last few days at St Lucys decorating Dorothys bedroom. Tomorrow I must do my penance for 4 plus hours for speeding 2 months ago. It is at the Spectrum in Guildford. There is no pass or fail BUT if you do not diplay the RIGHT attitude they will eject you from the course so I had better take a chill pill before I go. You certainly have a PROJECT on your hands and you and all the team are in our thoughts and best wishes to you all. Love Mum, Dad and Chip Murphy
ReplyDeleteLieve Martine, delta 3 (10G)
ReplyDeleteIk las over je project, maar dat verhaal kende ik eigenlijk al. Las ook over een ander project van een andere delta-groep, dus dat zal wel vergelijkbaar zijn. Wat zul je ongelofelijk veel ervaringen krijgen en hebben.
Wij zijn nog niet weg, zoals ik al een keer had geschreven, maar morgen hopen we in de auto te zitten. Vandaag ben ik jarig. heb een mooi dienblad en 2 leuke cd-jes gekregen, en als ik terug ben krijg ik van pappa geloof ik een armband die bij die platte parelketting hoort. Ik voel dat je aan ons denkt, wij ook heel veel aan jou. Nog drie weken vanaf nu. Heb eigenlijk nog geen echte brief geschreven. Hoop dat dat vanuit Frankrijk kan. Gelukkig neemt Annalie (die toch meegaat) haar laptop mee, zodat ik je op een afstand kan volgen. Louise blijft hier nog een nachtje slapen als wij al weg zijn, maar morgenavond komt GW weer thuis, dus is ze niet alleen. Ze vindt de rijlessen heel leuk en de instructeur aardig. Vrijdag gaat ze naar Domburg. Ik kijk uit naar de 9e augustus!, maar dat is nog een eind weg. Moet nu koffer pakken en we willen heel vroeg weg, maar de ervaring leert dat als we voor de middag weggaan, we al blij mogen zijn. Wens ons maar succes met de stress.....
Dag hele lieve schat, heb nog een hele goede tijd, dikke kus mamma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Oscar Saborio-Romano (Delta 3)
ReplyDeleteHello my little faffer! Hope you are ok and are having the most amazing time on project. It seems so funny to think of you over there on Raleigh again. I miss you!
Things ok here. I'm heading to India in two weeks' time to work for the charity that I think I bored you about. So excited :).
Sending big hugs.
Em x
Hi Sue-Lyn
ReplyDeleteGreat mug shot, looks like you are all having a FAB time. Oh how I miss Costa Rica! We all miss you back here, it's really hot and sunny. Off to Rome soon, then you'll be back, time is flying. Very little exciting news on frogs for you.
All my love, Crippsy Xxxx
Hi Sue-Lyn,
ReplyDeleteGlad everything is done there. Now they have a nice two classroom school where they can work, and study as they really want.
Thanks to help them I think whoever were there has had just one thing in their mind volunteer hard even in the morning and afternoon to see the school build on time.
It was my pleasure to work with you!!
Peter