Phase 1 of Expedition 10F&G is all but over with our Delta groups expected back at Fieldbase at any moment and the Alphas getting ready to return for their changeover over the weekend. And it's a pleasure to report that it's mission accomplished for all our project teams!
Over the next few days we'll have heaps of photos and updates from the Venturers as they get access to a computer. There'll be a lot of new posts so we'll create an easy way to find info on the projects you're most interested in - keep an eye on the right hand sidebar.
In the meantime, we have a couple of updates written by our Venturers earlier in the phase to whet your appetite...
Delta 3: Getting underway in Alto Pacuar
Alpha 5: Getting down and dirty in Rio Arriba
Owen Nicholson Delta 2 ( sent this to Delta 3 sorry!)
ReplyDeleteHi Owen Glad to hear all has gone well and you are back safely. Jess rang us with your news. Hope you have enough energy left for the trek. Take good care and enjoy yourself. Flat moving forward but slowly.
All our love mum and dad
Hi Ana, I hope that you are enjoying your journey both the physical and the meta physical ones. I was talking to Heather from Lisburn AC and telling her that you were away on a Raleigh expedition and she was so excited because she went on a Raleigh expedition to Namibia in 2000. She then went back to be a PM on another expedition and says that she is still in contact with loads of her Raleigh friends. Are you enjoying this great experience? The painters have finished painting your room and the skull mural arrived yesterday. Niall has been at summer school all week and has had a great time, cinema, bowling, Newcastle and cocos, forest park, etc. I was looking at some of Brian’s pictures from Argentina and Uruguay and they looked really interesting. I hope you have been taking lots of pictures of your trip and we look forward to seeing them when you get back to base. Anyway, lots of love and see you soon. XOX Dad.
ReplyDeleteGaby Cichonska - Delta One
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed that email. I miss you so much. What happens now? We haven't been given much information about what you're doing from now till you leave. All I know is that it's something I'm going to be insanely jelous of. I guess you're going away again, how long for?
I can't wait to see you again. It sucks and it feels so long away still but I'm so proud of you and glad you're having an amazing time.
Your phones broken, so I emailed you my number again in case there's any phone access over there...
Love youuu
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gaby Cichonska - Delta 1
ReplyDeleteOhh also a really exciting thing happened to me today. I bought a strawberry cornetto on my break from the film shoot and it had two wrappers. It was like I got to open it twice. EXCITEMENT. I wanted to call you and have a giggle about it but I couldn't :( That's about the most exciting thing that's happened to me the past month.
Email or something before you disappear again?
I miss you so much it's retarded.
xxxxxx
Will McN : Alpha 5
ReplyDeleteHi, bet the fruit gums are nearing their end! The phot's are amazing and you look like your've having fun. We're heading off to Grenada tomorrow,, so getting nearer! Hope the days off are fun,
Much love and big hugs, M+D
To Andrey Kolosov (Alpha 4)
ReplyDeleteHi Andrey! Good to see you on pictures! Hope you are doing well. Please try to call us during changeover period - we are keeping Skype switched on over the night.
Love you, Mom
Bethany Round Delta 4
ReplyDeleteHi Bethy.
Missed your chat with George but got your letter, sounds like you have enjoyed the project. I hope the adventure phase goes better than last time..! Kitchen is in with tiles going up this week, it will look well used by the time you get home.
Looking forward to seeing lots of photos and speaking to you on the 8th. Lots of love M xxx