Day 9 of trek arrived and it was time to go and visit Xray 2 with their second food drop. The fieldbase trio of Carl, Roberto and I loaded up Bravo 3 and headed off to track them down. Having decided to combine two days into one in order to cover more ground, Xray 2 had a long hard day walking covering over 20km and climbing around 1000m in height. We arrived at the rendezvous point before them so passed the time having a cheeky Galllo Pinto (Costa Rican rice and beans) and hot drinks to keep us warm. It was dark and chilly when they arrived so it was fantastic to see them all in high spirits, lighting the way by head torches and all singing loudly!
Dinner for our lovely trekkers was lentils and mash, a true Raleigh speciality, and then after handing out post from home and blog messages it was straight to bed as it was getting late. Pablo was day leader the following day and upon consultation with the group made the very popular decision for the group to have a well deserved lie in. What a treat- not having to get up until 05.30am!!
The next morning brought beautiful blue sky and sunshine. After stocking up on crisps, chocolate, painkillers and of course even more chocolate from the Raleigh shop, the group headed off for second day of serious uphill walking- another 1000m climb lay ahead of them.
The whole group are doing brilliantly. They've had some really tough days trekking but are showing true grit and determination and a great sense of humour. The photos below were taken as we left them that morning.
Our next planned rendezvous with Xray 2 is on Day 14 of trek where myself, Carl and Sarah will join them to climb Cerro Dragon, 'Dragon Mountain'. I'll be sure to let you know how we all get on...
Tuesday, 16 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











Andrew Davies, X-ray 2
ReplyDeleteEy up!
I'm worried that you are wasting away Andrew Miles Davies thank goodness you'll be back in time for Xmas for a good meal!
Good day today, I'VE GOT A JOB!! At long last! Start Monday eeeeeek! It's the company I was really excited about so I'm very pleased and can't wait to get going! I'm "Office Manager" with a view to training me up in the marketing side of things eventually. The company is called Dexion Capital and they advise institutional investors on how to expand their portfolios and research, develop and market alternative investment products in a nutshell. My main concern now is that I can't use excel or outlook but I'm sure I'll pick it up! Majestic offered me a second interview but I've decided it's not for me, so I'm going to be a city slicker (cringe!)
So have three whole days to get my life sorted and find a flat...well at least start looking for one. Looks like Hays will most likely start work next week too if all goes to plan.
Your Mum rang me today, we had a little chat which was nice and she was concerned that you hadn't sent your LPC thingy off, have you?!
Looking forward to an email from you when phase two is completed!
Love you lots and hope you're still enjoying yourself!xxxxxxxxx
To Laura Woodward - Xray 2
ReplyDeleteHi sis,
The hike looks amazing and glad to see you're still smiling. Can you bring me back a souvenir boulder from the top of the highest volcano !!
Well done and keep going, the beach isn't far away.
just keep walking ...
love
B&H
xxx