Saturday, 6 November 2010

X-Ray Groups' Departure

Expediton 10L brings you the newly formed X-Ray groups!

Joining X-Ray 1 for the Maribios Trek in Nicaragua are:
PM's: Euan Naismith, Rachael Armitage and Tony Taylor
Amy Kirkup, Caroline Wevers, Emma Lewis, Fiona Mabin, Kate Gunning, Yoseling Larios Torres, Ben Saxby, Garry Pearson, Graham Smith, Lee Watson, Shu Kwan Yeung (Kenneth) and Wuilkid Perez Davila.

X-Ray 2 will enjoy the amazing Costa Rican landscape in what is still called 'The New Trek'
PM's : Piers Tufnell, Louise Olverson and Laura Woodward
Holly Williamson, Nicola Younger, Rosie Schumacher, Sarah Kendall, Wai Sum Kwan (Sum), Yaliam Gonzalez Calero, Adrian Edwards, Andrew Davies, Felix le Hodey, Pablo Yglesias Vicente, Pui Lun Chan (Terry) and William Pawsey.

To La Cangreja natural park we sent X-Ray 3, who will be finishing a mirador and planting trees. They are:
PM's: Annie Glennie, Cat Bisset and Giles Mason
Amy Perkins, Anna Keen, Erika Perez Alfaro, Simrath Bhandal, Sophie Gatward, Veronica Apaloo, Arthur Vos, Benjamin Green, Calvagh McManus, Jimmy Arias Arrieta, Joseph Jeffreys and Ryan O'Sullivan.

X-Ray 4 will split their time between Irazu Volcano & San Lucas Island
PM's: Polly Mason, Vicks Harrison and Emma Green
Adriana Rodriguez Salas, Carla Gottlieb, Julia Morrongiello, Persia Castellani, Sophie ten Bosch, Victoria Golding, Antonio Jimenez Alvarado, Boris van Toor, Eamonn McGuone, Joshua Wilkes, Martin Fallon and Oliver Grayer.

X-Ray 5 will go to the remote Talamanca Indigenous Reserve for their community project.
PM's: Andy Meredith, Alice Dixon and Alex Coulton
Anna Woollett, Ellie McCarthy, Jessica Vargas Naranjo, Jezreel Belleza, Natalia Graczyk, Raisa Arroyo Arguello, Ashley Fletcher, Adam Tickner, Charles Legge, Charlie Bodwen, Jack Harrington and Stephen Holmes.

X-Ray 6 is finishing the water project that began in phase 1 Las Tablas, Achuapa
PM's: Philip Tibbs, Sarah Ellard, Adrian Hughes
Amy Cooper, Ana Massiel Medina Ramos, Ariana Ubeda Herrera, Enma Moreno Gutierrez, Naz Taner, Rebecca Slater, Rebecca Turner, Darren Mitchell, Hiten Mistry, Jayome Hutchinson, Maxim Seynaeve, Michael Michael, Thomas Campion and Jennifer Loweth.

And last but not least, X-Ray 7 is going to Nicaragua to finish the social centre of Miraflor, El Rodeo
PM's: Esteban Castillo, Sarah Bond and Elena Ourris
Adriana Reyes Flores, Cecilia Ruiz Galo, Corinne Davey, Delia Baker, Lydia Barge, Morrin O'Shea, Alex Jerrard, Adam Goldsworthy, Benjamin Walters, Charlie Gledhill-Flynn, Jan van Arkel and Timothy Power.

Our Communication's Team are also out there getting a taste of Raleigh in two community projects. Maryann will spend a few days at El Rodeo in Miraflor, and David will enjoy some digging at Las Tablas. But don't worry, here in fieldbase we'll keep you thoroughly updated.
Happy Phase 2!

99 comments:

  1. Victoria Golding
    Checked on blogspot to see where you are ... great experience Lots of love Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. to: yaliam gonzalez
    LES TOCO JUNTOOOOS! que mentira! demasiada suerte! disfruten demasiado y fuerzas!! les va a ir demasiado bien! un besote para los dos! Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Yeung Shu Kwan (Kenneth) with the X-Ray 1 Group on the Maribios Trek in Nicaragua.

    Hi Kenneth,

    We now have snow in Anchorage and the skiing has just begun. I know this is a far away thought from where you are treking now. Yet, your physical and mental strength from x-country skiing the Spencer Loop and Tour of Anchorage must carry over to your present challenged.

    Bill is still in New Hampshire with his father. Tonight he will have 8 people for dinner to eat salmon. Do they call the rice and beans dish gallo pinto?

    Next weekend, I will visit my sister Betsy in Seattle. Her husband is from Nicaragua, near Granada. I will tell them all about your work in Las Tablas and your new trek in Mariobios.

    Un abrazo fuerte!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Andrew Davies, X-ray 2.
    Hey Gap Yah,
    Thanks for the email yday! I hope this next phase goes well and that you don't eat your Nicaraguan family out rice and peas...or break their basher beds.
    I hope you're taking loads of pics, can't wait to see them when you get back over a "friendly dinner", however I suggest that you tone down your Gap Yah lingo by the time you get back, when have you ever said awesome?! I'm pretty sure you used to rinse people for saying that...naughty parrot.
    Back at corporate central aka West Wickham, I successfully got my mother an interview for Monday, I cant't believe she may actually get a job before I do. Hayz is moving in for a month (unpaid internship which may lead to a job), I'm so excited about living with her again! And I'm back on the interview bandwagon, have got one most days so we shall see.
    I'll update you soon!
    Love you loads,
    Chess xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly (Xray2), Hope you are having a fantastic time on your trek .... at least there won't be any digging (unless a bus gets stuck)! You forgot to mention that you got sick while in Achuapa ... good thing that you had a mom there to take care of you! Is there any way to thank her? Perhaps I will send a message to someone in Xray 6. Carly says that your class registration is at 10 am tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. Be safe and have fun! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Sophie ten Bosch (X-Ray 4)
    Wat was het geweldig je te kunnen spreken schat, met dank aan de landgenoten. Door de blog krijgen we een heel redelijk beeld, maar hoe het ECHT is kon ik nu gelukkig van jou horen. Natuurlijk is het ook moeilijk uit te leggen wat je daar meemaakt en doormaakt, zowel de hele leuke en mooie als minder fijne dingen, maar ik denk dat ik een heel goed beeld heb nu. Loodzwaar was jullie trek in elk geval. Fysiek, door de weersomstandigheden, maar ook de afwezigheid van elke vorm van ' comfort' is wel heel want anders dan je gewend bent... Maar je hebt het duidelijk ook erg naar je zin; dat was goed te horen. Moest erg lachen om je verhaal over die toneelstukjes en het feest.

    Ik ben heel blij dat jullie ' Nederlanders' zoveel aan elkaar hebben, dat heb je toch nodig als je daar in je eentje in de verte zit tussen voornamelijk Engelsen zoals je zei. En dat jullie met elkaar na afloop in een lekker hotel gaan ' bijkomen' klinkt als een vrolijk en fijn plan. Maar goed, eerst de komende dagen die vulkaan maar 's bedwingen en dan naar Prison Island San Lucas. Ik heb de berichten van de vorige groep die daar zat gelezen; het lijkt me wel heel bijzonder. En aan het strand- geen strandvakantie maar toch strand.... Ik hoop voor jullie dat het nou 's afgelopen is met dat meest heftige regenseizoen sinds jaren!

    Ben weer erg benieuwd naar de eerste berichten; ik begreep dat jullie naar 3000 meter hoogte gaan- weer een hele uitdaging, Koud...maar vast ook onwaarschijnlijk mooi.
    Ik leef en geniet op afstand met je mee, vind 't geweldig wat je doet. Hou van je, alle liefs XXX Mams

    ReplyDelete
  7. andrew davies alpha3
    hi darling sorry i missed your email.
    missing you lots, everyones ok here.uncle dennis moves house next week he is happy.
    you look as though you are enjoying yourself
    for all you are roughing it.going to davies,s
    tomorrow with your mum,she is getting on with things and enjoying what she is doing.
    speak to you again im ok keep seeing your mum
    solong for now love.granma

    ReplyDelete
  8. For Graham Smith Xray 1

    Hey babes,
    So your going on a trek hope its not too much hard-work!! HAve fun miss you lots, will speak to you in 3 weeks x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Graham, (x-ray 1),
    hope your having an amazin time! Sounds like you are! i'm stuck in mine watching crap telly, usual sunday! Jonny says hi too!
    See you soon herd! Love Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beki, sent you a letter today so hopefully you'll get it before u leave!! Missing you lots and can't wait to hear all about it when you're back!!! Love you, Josie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beki Turner x-ray6
    Lovely to hear your voice and that you are having a wonderful time. Good luck with your next challenge and hope your new family are lovely. You missed all the fireworks in Carlisle it was fantastic as usual. Thousands came to see it. Enjoy the rice, peas and digging trenches. Miss you loads Mam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. To Michael Michael X-ray 6
    were all missing you even though its only been a week and the kitchen has never been more tidier without all your dirty dishes piling up so mums a little pleased.

    A couple of things have happened lately. Theo's bapou died Saturday morning and Wawa had her baby this morning, she sent me his picture and he's so cute.

    Hope you having fun on your project.
    Love from family written by georgia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Graham Smith Xray 1

    By the way Liverpool beat Chelsea 2-nil today, and it was all down to me (Torres!), Thought that might cheer you up if your trekkng too hard!!
    Missing you tons,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. henry john perez7 November 2010 at 18:50

    hola me da mucho gusto saber que han terminado con exito la primera fase les felicito y les invito a que sigan adelante con los objetivo propuestos . les envio muchas saludes especialmente alos integrantes de rayo x 1 . y muy especial a mi hijo wuilkild john mi heroe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. To Josh Wilkes X-ray 4
    Thought the island might be a good project for you. Hope you're still OK. It was great to be in touch while you were at fieldbase. Congrats on your musical / entertainment success. It's cold and wet and blowing a gale here at the moment. I expect you're experiencing the rain but not the cold. We're looking forward to hearing from you again in a couple of weeks or so. Will still follow the blog. It's comforting to see what's going on. You're all doing such a good job. Now mind you keep away from the edge of that volcano!! You know what I'm like - disaster round every corner and born to worry. Seriously though have a marvellous time. We're thinking of you and love you loads, Dad, Mam, Ed, Gran and Auntie Ju xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. ( voor Caroline, x-ray 1)Lieve Tientje, Als het goed is ben je nu in Nicaragua al aan het Trekken. Hoop dat het lekker weer is!! Ben heel benieuwd naar de eerste berichten via de blog. Het was zo fijn dat we weer even een beetje konden bijpraten. Ik zag nu ook dat je echt mazzel heb gehad met de Turtles. Dat project is nu dus afgerond.
    Hier gaat alles zijn gangetje. Fietje 3-3 gespeeld in eerste competitiewedstijd. Jammer, maar er veel te weinig speelsters. Wij gisteren naar Max M.in New York ( Rotterdam), was 60(!) geworden. Iedereen wilde natuurlijk weten wat je allemaal aan het doen was, dus ik kon met goed fatsoen weer eens lekker doorpraten en je turtle foto laten zien. Ik hoorde van Anne Katrien , dat er nog contact was geweest van een vriendinnetje van Lieke met een van je leiders? Grappig! Rob lijkt aan het studeren te zijn. Afgelopen donderdag was het scholierendag in Groningen. Fietje is niet geweest ( gaat wel naar Kermess), maar Max is er wel met zijn maatjes naar toe geweest. Van Ka begreep ik dat hij het heel leuk heeft gehad ( en zijn kleren roken er ook naar!). Verder niet veel bijzonderheden. Ik blijf wel regelmatig even bloggen. Lieve muis, ik ben weer heel erg nieuwsgierig natuurlijk. Ook naar je groep.Wil ook heel graag weten of je blaren geen probleem geworden zijn. In ieder geval, dikke xxxxxx van ons allemaal, mammie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Emma Lewis X-Ray 1

    Hi SD

    Hope you haven't got too much of a numb bottom after your long bus journey! Hope it is sunshine and heat all the time for the next 3 weeks.

    It is cold and wet here, days are getting shorter and Christmas mania is beginning to take over. Shops are full of merchandise!

    Take care

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. hola ani espero estes super bien y te estes divirtiendo muchisimo, gano eliuth en las elecciones 57 a 43, el jueves vamos a ir a lo de chica ecoturismo y adivida entre a lo de los promotores de INTUR, CREO QUE SOLAMENTE POR AHORA, te quiero mucho y porfa decile a keiner que ya me dieron permiso y solucione todos los problemas que tuve para esa expedicion que me de el chance, te quieroooooooooo cuidate...

    ReplyDelete
  19. For Sarah K X-Ray 2
    Howdy Sarah
    Hope you're enjoying some spectacular scenery on your trek from one side of the country to the other. You got what you wanted! I'm sure the Pacific will look a lot more inviting than our cold grey North Sea.
    Rachel & I are posting birthday cards so they might get there by the time you're back at field base. Something to decorate the tent with!
    We had a lovely week end, with everyone (except you) round for a meal yesterday. Grandma's really enjoying holding Alex and talking to him now he smiles and makes lots of different noises back. Rachel & I went to our usual shopping places to make a start on Christmas shopping, but we didn't buy much. She persuaded me to buy yet more chocolates! Guess you might like some when you come back, at least chocolate won't melt here.
    Lovely to get your texts & talk on msn, really miss you. Have a brilliant time,
    Love you lots
    Mamma
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amy Perkins x ray 3 Hello from your mum and dad.Gearing up for the big party at the weekend.We can already picture David holding the beer bottle.Busy day on call today but luckily Rorys scouts has been cancelled .Tonight we are having lasagne for tea and enjoying our porcelain toilets!! We loved reading all your messages and they are now up in Inverness.Lewis was commenting on your feet photos.Happy digging .We love you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amy Perkins xray 3
    Hi, Miss you x Went to the fireworks in Carlisle on Saturday, they were really good. My room is all painted now, its really nice. School is...boring. Mrs Somerville has had her baby and guess who the new teacher is ? Harry Potter! (aka Mr Monroe), Rory has him. Love you, from Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Elena Ourris X-Ray 7

    Hi Elena I hope you have a good time at Miraflor and good luck with the new project!
    Mums had their usual weekly update on Sunday :)

    The engagement party was great but no high heels for me for a long time!!!!!!!! Been to Ayia Napa and Cavo Greco on Sunday - still summer weather here. Take care!!!!

    Cleo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hola , a todos un fuerte saludo para Wuilkild john en ray x 1 , que continue siempre adelante es nuestro orgullo , te queremos saludes de toda tu familia. especial de tu mama

    ReplyDelete
  24. Naz Taner X-Ray 6

    I hope youre enjoying Nicaragua and your host family, and that you enjoyed all my emails! Was great to hear from you, and cant wait to hear from you again! I may have got you a gift at the Black Keys gig (which was the best gig ever by the way) but I also may not have... Haha!
    Te quiero mucho, and miss you loads!
    Camilo.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. For: Amy Perkins group X-ray 3
    Hi Amyyyy! Oh my word your piccies you've put up are absolutely amaaazing! You are such a star and doing fantastic work out there - you're going to remember this for the rest of your life so keep going and don't worry we'll take care of your feet when you're home, plenty time for foot baths and toenail painting fun at Christmas! For now, keep strong and enjoy that sunshine, seriously it's been pouring with rain here for a week non stop! Good good luck for your next challenge finishing the maridor and plantiung the trees too, I'm so proud of you :)Honestly lovie, we're all right behind you every step of the way :D Thinking of you lots, take care of yourself and I'll write again soon! Lots love Fi xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hola Ariana como estas, espero que bien, muchos recuerdos de tu mama, quien te quiere mucho y te dice adelante con los proyectos y si es para nuestro pais que sea con todo el amor que merecen quienes los necesitan. Dios te bendiga.Maritza

    ReplyDelete
  27. RACHAEL JOHNSTONE8 November 2010 at 20:10

    to amy perkins of X-RAY 3!

    just got home from a night at kyles and thought.,. wow i miss clare!
    i really wanted to phone you on the way home but i couldnt cause youre in the wilderness!
    i find it so odd your group is called an xray group, no really! xray!? alpha was pretty cool.. mainly due to the fact theres a film caled alpha and omega. its about wolves! WE MUST SEE IT!
    i was just pondering,, what is your favourite sweet again? you cant answer but maybe you will! i remember you had a yorkie phase.. apart from it would take you foreeeever to eat a yorkie!
    ah talking about eating is making me hungry, i have a fiver to my name to last me this month! and. no exaggeration! have completely ran out of food apart from a tin of red kidney beans and some chilli sauce! im guessing youre eating TONS of beans at the moment!
    i truely wish you could bring em a watermelon back!!! i love them, but im guessing it would not be allowed and im guessing they weigh around 10 stone there.
    i keep thinking of oor good taims at school, and it makes me excited to think that im gonna be one of your people! helper people!! ahh itll be ace :) and by helper people i meaan at the place of st joes!!
    fuzzy brow beaut, sleep tight. thinking of you lots :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ps... STAY SAFE! (IM GONNA SAY THIS IN EVERY MESSAGE!!) AHH CAPS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Emma Lewis X-Ray 1
    Hi Mole,
    hope the trekking is going ok and you are managing the weight on your back! Thinking of you all the time and wondering how it is going. Can't wait to chat in 2 weeks when you are back hopefully with a tan and not rust this time! Love you loads Ratty. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amy Perkins x ray 3
    Hello Amy,Your jungle conditions look rather testing.Just about to drop off at school and am teaching all day ,surgery am and hospital this afternoon.You were invited to take part in the fiddle festival.Hannah has been in touch about interview practice and Joe the guy who came with us last new year.Missing you and every night when we have dinner we say"Amy would love this" Lots of love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jamie Devonshire9 November 2010 at 03:18

    Corinne Davey (X-Ray 7)

    Corinne,

    I heard from your Mum and Annmarie yesterday about your Uncle John. I hope you are alright. Let me know if you want to chat and we can sort something out - love you lots and lot.

    Jamie XOOOXXXOX

    ReplyDelete
  31. To Jack harrington (X-Ray 5)

    Mandy's To-Do List:
    1)Thank Jack for the emails and phone calls on her birthday, which totally made her day :D
    2)Write an email to Jack about all the shananigans that went on on said birthday (dirty pints + lunging = bad sunday)
    3)Explain the scary essay incident, which turned out was the internet plagerising and not Mandy.
    4)Be an awesome gf and watch a birmingham match (no matter how rubbish they are).
    5)Wish Jack all the best on his new project, knowing he's having the best time ever (and try not to be too jealous).
    6)Quiet time
    7)Wait patiently for Jack's return...so she can finally watch despicable me :P
    8)Hoover

    A little birdy told me you might just enjoy this ;) Missing you loads, and I'll keep these coming as promised.
    Lots of love Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Beki :) (X-ray 6)

    Hope you are having a great time in phase 2 and enjoy your new family :) Hope the water trench you are building is looking good and close to completion.
    I passed my theory test btw, 51 on hazard and 48/50 on multi-choice. Just for the practical now haha.
    Keep enjoying yourself my love. Hope to speak to you soon. Missing you. Love you loads
    Dave
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Jan van arkel 10L x-ray 7
    lieve Jan,
    Ik kijk elke dag weer naar de site op zoek naar nieuwe informatie.
    Wij zijn benieuwd hoe je het nu hebt daar te Nigaraqua. Zo te lezen veel meer relaxed.
    Het zonnetje schijnt daar nu veel meer dan tijdens de trek volgens de berichten.
    Het is hier kouder aan het worden en om half zes is het al donker s'avonds. De Sinterklaas artikelen liggen al in de winkels en sommige zijn al met Kerst bezig. Lekker genieten daar de komende tijd. Hopend zien we gauw weer een foto op de site.
    We miss you veel liefs van je moeder kus xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. To Carla(X-Ray 4)

    Hi
    Thanks for your calls at the weekend. Hope you managed to get some more kit for the volcano. Will have to check out exactly what you're supposed to be doing there! No doubt Holly will fill you in on the amazing 21st she's just been to but I passed on your messages to her. Jess has started wearing her hair loose (after all these years!) - must be some boy she met at the Halloween party she went to! Glad you're teaching them how to partay a la Lufbra - I'm sure they ain't seen nothing yet! I'll try to remember to send a message to that nice young man you handed the phone to - that'll get all your friends talking!!! Better go - need to finish bottling up my sloe gin!
    Lots of love,
    Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lynne and Simon Cooper9 November 2010 at 12:53

    Message for Amy Cooper
    X Ray 6
    Dear Amy
    Hope the second phase of your adventure is as exciting as the first! It will be a great experience to live with a local family and also meet new people now that the groups have all changed.
    I'm sure it will be a fantastic feeling when the group finally turns on the taps!
    Things are pretty much the same here. We are getting ready for Megan and Grace's party on Saturday. They've got some pretty cream bridesmaid-style dresses to wear, so I'll take some photos to show you. At the Halloween party Megan was saying your name really clearly when she saw a photo of you.
    A couple of the girls in year 3 were asking when you are coming back to school to work with them! UCL has emailed to say that your aplication has been received complete and you will have a decision by 15th Dec.
    Hope the project is running smoothly and you aren't getting too many blisters from digging!
    Missing you lots
    Lots of love Mum and Dad xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. To Jayome Hutchinson (X-ray 6)

    Hey Jay :)

    I hope you are doing well and are enjoying the start of your new project! It was great to be able to talk you again, especially on Skype, being able to see you face and hear your voice meant a lot. Loving the tan as well, about time you started to tan really :P Looking forward to receiving your next letter, when you get mine dont be too confused if it contains questions that you have already answered etc- just remember I wrote it before we got to talk :)

    I handed my first essay in yesterday, eeek it's worth 40% of my module grade so I hope I have done ok! This week at uni is going to be pretty uneventful, it's reading week for me which means all but one of my lectures are cancelled hehe so basically it means I'm just going to be sleeping a lot and trying to correct my sleeping pattern!Though of course Weds will be our traditional orange wednesdays! Not sure what film we will be seeing though, will tell yoou about it though. My parents are coming up to visit this weekend- I best get tidying my room eek! Then next week I'm going to visit Cam and that in Sheffield which should be pretty fun! Then after that it wont be long until phase 2 is completed! And we can hopefully talk again. I'm looking foward to it already, you are nearly half way through your time already and I cant believe how quickly that has gone. I love it haha.

    Not much else to report really, I told you all the latest sports news via Skype and nothing has really happened since. I'll keep you updated on the F1 and football though :) Oh and I'll let you know how it goes as we retain the Ashes from you Aussies ;) hehehe. It starts in Brisbane as well I think :) When you get back I'll have to show you my Australia guide book hehe, see how many places you recommend :D.

    Looking forward to reading about your project in the blog and in the mean time I'll be counting down until we can speak again. Enjoy the sun too, over here it is wet and cold. Great :P
    Love you lots and lots,
    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. For Ben Green X-Ray 3, Ben, I hope you are now on your next assignment and that you are drying out. The blog has been interesting but a little bit alarming as well. I think all the rain you have had is now in Europe as it has been raining all week. Nothing new here. No news about Adrian but he goes to NECIS tomorrow and he and Vito are doing a 51 km run in the north of Luxembourg in 2 weeks. Felipe over tonight and says "hi". He was up in St Andrews last weekend doing some recording. I hope you get a chance to email next time you are in Field Camp. I think you were probably not there very long. We are sending post and hope it is getting through. Miss and love you, Mum

    ReplyDelete
  38. Emma Lewis, X-Ray 1

    Hi SD

    Hope you are having a great time and my swede is back :) The Pope was in Barcelona at the weekend and there was a demo by 6,000 gays who objected to his disapproval of gays. Great pics of gays blatantly snogging to the cameras. Reminded me of our weekend in La Rambla. Still have pics of the procession we witnessed!

    Mummy and I are off to Twickers on Saturday to see England v Australia. Talking of Oz,looking forward to Sydney Christmas 2011???

    X-Factor is hotting up with Cheryl Cole under fire for refusing to vote when she had to choose between 2 of her girl contestants. Real bore but pulling in the audience. Nearly 17M watched last week's show.

    Take care

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. For Sarah K X-Ray 2
    Howdy for the second time this week!
    I left a message yesterday but just had to leave another to say I got your letter! What a lovely surprise! It was great to read all about life in El Rodeo, and I made myself late for work reading it twice.(Lucky my students were late too, so no one noticed!)
    Hope you're still enjoying your trek. I'm sure you'll have no problem keeping up. Even if it's raining it's got to be better weather than here. The snowflake is on in the car! My students left their children at home today because they thought it was too cold - they were horrified when I told them it's only Autumn!
    Your letter was postmarked 2 Nov & arrived her on the 9th, so that's not bad. I'm looking forward to another now that you've promised to write again. Miss you loads,
    love you lots & lots,
    Mamma
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ian and Debbie Dawson9 November 2010 at 17:16

    Garry Pearson x-ray 1
    sorry we missed you on your break. We'll try again next time. 280km in 15 days is a long trek. I hope you're keeping a clean pair of socks to filter your water! Your weather seems to be improving, although it's going to be hard treking in that heat. Just remember to enjoy the scenery on the way.
    Ian has jsut signed up for a 'long' cycle ride - 100kms. We smiled to ourselves as it's only going to take him 4 hours - maybe I'll make him walk it in support for all you guys! love Auntie Debbie & Uncle Ian xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. steve holmes.hope your aving a good time m8 ,see youve moved on to another venture .enjoy every min of it m8.kierans on diving trek now,thinking of you m8,yosa ,jayne and kids x

    ReplyDelete
  42. For Sarah Kendall X-Ray 2,

    Howdy sister!
    I hope you are enjoying the trek :) Just read Mum's message on here and I would like to say that in no way did I persuade her to buy more chocolate for Christmas! I just saw them and said 'that's cheap' and the next minute they were in the trolley lol!

    Back at Uni now after a lovely weekend at home. Alex seems to get cuter and cuter - the first time i've seen him since you last did! He has changed a lot and is smiling lots and lots and trying to laugh! Awwwwww! He is also very very tall surprise surprise lol!!

    I am working absolutely none stop. Don't have time for any of the 'recommended' reading or anything, I just have so much coursework to do and it is all really really hard! Not fun! Hopefully I will find time to go out at some point though lol. Went to Chinese 'Wongs' the other day which was nice.

    Anyway, it is 1.27 in the morning here and I really should get off to bed. Got a day free from lectures etc. tomorrow, but it's the last day before my coursework deadline and I have an afternoon filled with boring meetings about various boring things and boring people :( Going to art tomorrow night hopefully though :)

    Anyway, hopefully talk on your birthday! Hope you have a lovely trek and take lots of photos. Keep safe and well! Miss you and love you lots and lots!

    Rachel xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  43. henry john perez9 November 2010 at 19:53

    hola wuilkild john recibe muchas saludes espero estes muy bien ciudate yno te alejes de dios nunca animo siempre adelante y cuando estes tristes acuerdate de tu padre que esta muy orgulloso de ti siempre adelante eres mi heroe .

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Holly (Xray2),
    Carly was able to get these classes for you: Spanish, Calculus, East Asian Religion, Genetics and lab. She said that was pretty close to what you wanted. Enjoy your time off! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  45. 心心,你而家點呀!係咪仲係好辛苦呀!加油!唔好放棄呀!!
    屋企好好,唔洗擔心!
    而家屋企仲頂得住!
    盡情去玩啦!
    唔盡慶唔好番黎呀!
    (不代表關家立場呀...)
    (我怕會睇唔到中文所以打左拼音版)
    Sumsum!nei yee ka dim ar!hai mai chun hai ho sun fu ar! add oil! ng ho fong hei ar!!
    huk kei ho ho ar!ng sai darm sum!
    mu ngo month ngo duo yau yat sin bei huk hei ar!
    nei fong sum hui trip la!!
    ng chun hing ngo ho fan kei ar!
    ga yau!!!
    I love you>333<~

    ReplyDelete
  46. Adriana Rodriguez X-ray 4 (San Lucas & Irazu)

    Hola morenita, espero que este bien y disfrutando mucho de la vida, viva la experiencia al maximo. Ojala que no este pasando mucho frio en el volcan, y esperemos que no haga erupcion un dia de estos.. jaja..! Tambien ojala que este disfrutando bastante de toda la deliciosa pasta, el atun y los pork&beans! Que bueno que este haciendo Raleigh Adri! Ya quiero salir a vacasiones Rodri, ya vamos como 2/3 del semestre por lo menos, y pasado mañana tengo examen de mecanica, y estoy mal pero me a ido mas o menos en los otros.. Mi amor la extraño mucho.. Le mando un gran beso y un gran abrazo, muaax! la amo!


    Adri vieras que escuche que en San Lucas mandaban a los delincuentes mas peligrosos, decian que los que entraban no salian vivos, morian en manos de los carceleros o de sus compañeros, incluso hay sangre en las paredes de sus peleas, igualmente se conservan los grafitis que hicieron... Y dicen que en la noche se puede escuchar y algunas veces, durante la noche se pueden ver y escuchar los espiritus de los reos muertos.. Tambien lei que en una parte de la isla hay un cementerio...

    Que pase un linda estadia! ;)

    Julian

    ReplyDelete
  47. Raisa Arroyo / X-Ray 5

    Quisiera palpar el silencio
    Ser yo quien sopla el viento
    Bañarme de estrellas quisiera
    Vestirme de mar y de cielo
    Practicar el lenguaje
    Que no se habla ni es silencio
    Hablarte en otro idioma quisiera
    Decirte así lo que no puedo en verso
    Llegar donde no alcanza mi verso
    Mi mente surreal no es suficiente
    Quiero llegar donde no alcanza mi verso…

    Quisiera habitar en tus piernas
    Creciendo como la hiedra en ti, o
    Navegar mil leguas quisiera
    Fijado en el timón de tus caderas
    Caminar la llanura
    Que haya en tus ojos encuentro
    Bañarme de tu cuerpo quisiera
    Andar las costas de tu cuerpo entero

    Danza sudor y cadencia
    De pulso agitado y sereno
    De ver tus suspiros quisiera
    Embriagarte con mis besos
    De tu piel tu mirada
    Mil canciones de noche engendro
    Pero antes que cantarlas quisiera
    Andar las costas de tu cuerpo entero
    Llegar donde no alcanza mi verso
    Tu cuerpo imaginar no es suficiente
    Quiero llegar donde no alcanza mi verso…mi verso. mua!! nochi!

    ReplyDelete
  48. To Natalia X-Ray 5
    Czesc Tusio!
    Babcia miala w poniedzialek operacje. Wymieniono jej zastawke i zrobiono bypassa. Operacja odbyla sie bez komplikacji. Teraz babcia pomalenku wraca do zdrowia. W weekend napisze wiecej bo jest juz pozno i jestem zmeczona. Mam nadzieje, ze projekt, ktory teraz robisz jest tak samo ekscytujacy, jak ten z zolwiami, a moze nawet i bardziej.
    Kocham(y) i pozdrawiamy
    MaTa, Babcia, Bulo i koty

    ReplyDelete
  49. HI JENNY
    (x-ray 6, Jenny Loweth)

    Looks like you're having a fabulous time! I'm so jealous! Hope you've become accustomed to the pork and beans and tuna lunches! - or is it rice and beans three times a day now? I hope your Nicaraguan family are immense and look after you well! enjoy your project! and don't get too wet! - say hi to fieldbase for me!

    PURA VIDA
    Polly
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  50. Elena ourris x-ray 7

    hi hope you reached your destination well and safe. hope living with your new family is good, it must make you appreciate the comforts of home . We are all good, plodding along with work etc. everyone send s their love, and i can't wait to have my friend back, safe and well.

    lots and lots of love.

    Nouna and family xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  51. FOR CARLA IN XRAY4/ALPHA 7

    carl,I use this blog far too much for procrastination and I fear I look so dull,I never have ANYTHING to say.My week thus far - the libes, drunken play reviewing (my notes read as follows - 'omg,what a hideous girl' 'ooh hello HOT man VERY GOOD VERY GOOD very HOT very GOOD' 'Its like SATC but weirder and with bad clothes' and finally 'BLAH IM BORED') and a hilarious night out which involved a mare of a situation with cheesy chips,my bike basket and a pothole.you can fill in the gaps.still keep picking up the phone to ring you and analyse every single situation i get myself into down to the last nuance,I MISS YOU TOOO MUCH.hope the fever is all sorted,yours forevs obvs swizzzz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    (its obv swizz)

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  52. Amy Perkins x ray 3.We have been trying tables to fit 20 for dinner on Saturday.I am going to have to buy cheap double sheets as table cloths.Champagne is ready but have still to decide what to cook-Yikes!!The spare bedroom has changed to terracotta and despite my early misgivings I like it.We thought we would turn yours a wierd colour ....surprise.The piano tuner with the crabbit wife is coming tomorrow and the tree surgeon. I am cooking.Dad was on call and up a lot of last night.Getting set for the Apprentice and Desperate Housewives.We have taped all the X factors and dad is moaning as he wants more space on the hard drive for University Challenge.Quiche tonight Love you Loadsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  53. To Graham Smith Xray 1
    Hi Graham, hope your trek is going well, and the weather is being kind to you. Bet you are having an amazing time and are experiencing some amazing views ! Hope theres not too many creepy crawlies, and your food isnt too bad. Had a chat with Katie today,she is fine , it was nice to speak to her. Laura is doing well and looking forward to her birthday. Cant beleive youve been away 4 weeks already , hope the rest of it goes by as quickly. Look forward to hearing from you when you back at fieldbase. Everyone sends their love. Take care love Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  54. Anna KEEN!! x-ray 3
    Hey Keen we're all missing you in the toon, we're all sat in gilly's living room and have noticed your abscence :( toon town is not the same without you. We think you're amazing/ crazy and can't wait to see you and hear all about it when you get home!
    Love you more than cheese and tea (tho langley isn't too sure about the cheese)
    Merce, Gilly and Lang xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  55. Anna KEEN!! X-RAY 3
    Hey Keen! We're all sitting in gilly's living room and have noticed your abscence, the toon missed you lots!! We think you're amazing/ crazy and can't wait to hear all your stories when you get back. We miss you more than cheese and tea, (though langley isn't sure about the cheese) :P
    Mercer, Gilly and Lang :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  56. To Adam Goldsworthy X-Ray7

    Hola Guapo :)

    I just arrived to my house in Norwich, It's cold here, around 0ºC :S Lucky u that u're in a warm country. It was really nice to spk with u last sunday. It's amazing how different its now, just a few minutes of talking with u made my day. I was really needing to talk with u, I was so bitter and sad cos of my weekend. I'm better now, I'm just worried with my mum, I hope she doesn't get depressed without me. I also hope you can find a way to send me a letter. I know it's silly but I'll be checking my mail everyday lol When I talked with you I could see that you're loving the experience and u're happy, I'm glad with that :)
    Now, as promised here it comes premiere league scores :P :
    Tottenham 1 - 1 Sunderland
    1st Chelsea
    2nd Manchester U
    3rd Arsenal
    4th Manchester City
    5th Newcastle
    6th Tottenham
    I hope you're enjoying you're new family and learning lots of new spanish words :P
    Take care sweetheart xxxx
    Missing you always xxxxx
    Susete

    ReplyDelete
  57. For Graham Smith (X-ray 1)

    Hey gorgeous,
    How you doing, hope the trek is not too hard-core!! Your mum rang me today it was really nice, been talking about you loads, and your uncle Nigel facebooked me to say hello, everyone is missing you so much - but defs not as much as me!! Just got back from seeing Ellie Golding at the guild (maybe not cool music that you like but it was really good!!), got tomorrow and friday off which wil be lovely! GP has been so fun! running my own clinics is really cool!
    Going home next weekend (unfortunately missing Lauras birthday party), then we've got the smoker play and me and naomes have got a really good deal for a haircut £29 for full head of highlights, cut, conditioning treatment and blow dry! Bargain so i can look nice for your return! SO SO SO excited to hear how your trek has gone, hope its not too hard work and your having some fun times, im waiting all the time for some pictures of you! Miss u beauty and counting down the days till you come back I feel like I havnt seen you for so so long, miss you and love u always, niyaatt xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  58. For Ben Walters X-Ray 7
    Yes Walters. You know who it is. Hope you're well. Palace won 3-2 at home to Watford last night but are still bottom. Getting home for me was such a mission. Harry had his passport nicked so we had to go between the police station, airport, embassy, bank and back to the embassy several times before our flight! unbeliiiievable. Torres smashed two away against Chelski btw ;) Will and Mike are back in the naaam for a couple of days, and I am going to Soton preetty soon. I may now longer not be going to France so you may even see me when you get back. Who knows! When you have a moment, think of me, sleeping in a warm bed, having hot showers and playing fifa :) lol.. Send everyone my love. Much love homeboy. Louis xx

    ReplyDelete
  59. yosa,jayne,and kids11 November 2010 at 08:03

    steven holmes..x-ray5.hope your having a great time m8,enjoy every minute of it

    ReplyDelete
  60. Amy PERKINS XRAY 3We had a good look through your photos today.What an adventure.Margaret sounded shocked at the state of your feet and Robert said "Jings" Matthew Edwards is coming home with us tonight.Its pouring ,freezing and windy.We love you D and V xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  61. Michael Michael (X Ray 6)
    Dude, come back so I can watch HIMYM.
    Ow and the family misses you a lot blah blah blah.

    ReplyDelete
  62. To Sarah K (X-Ray 2)

    Howdy sister :),

    I know i've already written this week (a very long message lol) but decided to write again anyway cos I'm missing you :(

    Mum read me your lovely letter over the phone. Really nice surprise! Hope you write another one lol!! I am not working too hard honestly! I am only doing the stuff with deadlines but I seem to have a deadline every single day! :( Handed in one piece of coursework that I managed to finish at 3.45 in the morning though! Just had three hours straight of lectures in the same room, with the two most boring lecturers in existence! They are running 1p coffee, tea and hot choc in Lusu this week, so really making use of that lol! Had a cappuchino in the middle of my lectures, which just about kept me awake lol! Going to get another in a bit. Going home next weekend, so going to catch up with work this weekend. Had a meal in Pizza place in town with old flatmates (not certain members of course lol) last night, which was lovely - had 3 courses! Very very windy weather here, especially in Lancashire, nearly got blown over last night - over 80mph winds!!

    Look forward to talking in a few weeks. Miss you and love you lots and lots

    Rachel xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  63. Cat Bisset (X ray 3)

    Hiya buddy, hows things? Thanks for the email! The photos look mega- spotted you in one! Sounds like your all working hard and bonding together as a group.

    Helmet, Jamal and I were talking the other day about the Royal Maring values: determination, courage, unselfishness and cheerfulness in the face adversity. Seems very appropriate for what you are doing too! You've got bags of all of the above so Im sure your doing fine as well as supporting/ patching up the others too!

    Look forward to more updates of your trip!
    Take care, Charlotte
    (ps. I passed part C!)

    ReplyDelete
  64. Ben Walters - X-Ray 7

    Ben ... hope you're having a great time in Miraflor and your Spanish is improving. We will be in FL for a few days when you come back - so there'll definitely be some R&R opportunities. You'll have to come and meet some of the people in the business too - remember they can help with future work opportunities so it's a good thing :). I got back from Belgium with a stinking cold and it was freezing in VA, but it's now much warmer ... who knows what it will be like when you get back! The gym is still under construction - not much time for progress I am afraid, but will try to have it done before you get back :). Anyway - doing this from the plane on the way back home, so I need to go back and do some work .... so, hope it's all good. Love you. mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  65. Emma Lewis X Ray 1

    Hi SD

    How's it going? I hope it's more enjoyable but with the thrill of adventure.

    Weather has been very bad in the UK this week. Cold ( 3 degrees ) and wet. Brr.

    Off to Twickers today to see England play Australia. Should be a good match.

    Can't wait to read and see how you are getting on. In the meantime, look after yourself and I hope you are eating well.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  66. Beki xray 6

    Hi Beki
    Hope you are enjoying staying with your host family. Thought you might want to know that Wagner is still in xfactor. Trayc and Katie were up however, Cheryl would not vote and instead of going to deadlock which would have sent Katie home) they went with majority vote and Trayc out. Press and public annoyed and saying its a fix. Carlisle won 6-0 in FA cup against unknown team. Dave passed theory test and coming to stay soon. Janet still away on cruise. Going walking up Great Gable tom. for Remembrance Sunday as usual there will by thousands up there. Have a great time Love you loads Mam x

    ReplyDelete
  67. For Fiona (X ray1)

    Hi fi. Hope you're well and feet not too sore. We're all fine - Alex off to a birthday party in DJ and black tie tonight! Just sorting things out for Les Arcs in December. Won't be long until you're back. Enjoy the last few weeks.

    Dadxxx

    ReplyDelete
  68. For Calvagh McManus X-ray 3

    I wonder are you getting more rain than we are? It's been pissing here non stop for several days....But at least you are in the warmer climes and with the rainy season coming to an end there, surely you will get some nice days..... Hope all is going well.....Look forward to hearing all about what you're up to......Miss you!!! Lots of Love from Home!!! mom.

    ReplyDelete
  69. To: X-ray 2 Wai Sum Kwan (Summi) and Pui Lun Chan (Terry)

    Hey !! Its so happy that you two are in the same group !!! How is the trek ??? Enjoy the view and the amazing food pork and bean. Haha !!! Add oil a... never give up. You two can do it ga !!!! Just make sure you have dry feet, then it should be fine, better to put off your shose during lunch to let your feet have a rest. :)

    + support you !!!!!
    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  70. To Amy Perkins group X-ray 3, i hope this isnt too late to send a message!!

    haaaaaaallloooooooooo signora!! i dont know if thats how to spell it! i am replying to your recent facebook message and also a little more :D
    i hope your having a fantaaabulous time in the jungle like mowgli. it does sound amazing and i am quite jealous of how cool it all sounds. hopefully its not as hard as all the trekking though, and "no gunna lie" your feet looked absolutley disgusting haha. im sorry this reply is a little late but its been a while since i been on an actual computer but yes, im sure youre glad to hear from yer awl pal anyhoo! your description of the trek sounds like madness! and so busy, i cant imagine how much weight youve lost youll have to have a trip to les magasins quand tu vas retour!!! anyway i hope your getting into the spirit of things now i think youve got like a month and a half to go and i bet youll be sad to leave!!
    i cant waiiiiittt to see you and everyone else in fact i have TWO WEEKS TO GO here, ill tell you why thats good in a bit. haha
    de worry about the xmas eve thing my parents have now decided to stay in the country which is whoopeeee for me as i wont be alone, but yeah i would LOVE and NEED to see you xmas eve during the day! ive decided what im getting you now and i hope youll like its its got like two parts and one of them is in french so hopefully youll still be able to understand it, if not its a cool present anyway i think!! and yes we must have a MAJOR CATCH UP with everyone it is well needed like, after xmas, bien sur ;) aww you and alex ya wee cuties!!! its all so exciting and cute :) im sooooooo excited for your party honest taeeee god
    and FRANCE. well what can i say about that, basically i will tell you the whole story when you come back because theres tonnes to say and ive written it all down but basically im not doing any teaching at all now the family basically IGNORE me the other night i wasnt allowed to eat dinner with them for some strange reason and yesterday i got an email from the organisers of the programme saying they wanted me to cut short my stay. what the hell§!!!!!!! like completely out of the blue and i was not happy at all.. apparently i was uncompatible for the dynamic family because im a calm person or some bullshit like that. but i phoned up the woman and was like theres no way im coming home early. but anyway enough about that im soooo angry and peed off. but apart from that being in france is really great and there is a whole group of us doing the same programme so its really nice to meet up with them. but honestly i am just missing home and that so much, it sounds so selfish for me to say this after you told me about the water and the sanitary conditions and that but im really like taking for granted proper food(i live on a leaf, vegetable and water diet and im in FRANCE for god sake) and my parents, how nice they are etc!!!!! and yes tom came to visit but that was like a month and a half ago but it was really nice to see him. anyway thats all my newsssss for the now!! actually wait i saw a spanish film recently with javier bardem and it was reaaaallly good, a bit creepy though, called biutiful! and my french is really good now, or i hope so. but ill love you and leave you hope your having the BEST of times cant wait to see you love you LOADSSSSSSSSSS from your loverly friend laurentttttttt xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ps sorry for the essay of a message ;)

    ReplyDelete
  71. Message for Amy Cooper (XRay 6)

    We are at Auntie Lanie's for the girls birthday tea and we have collected some messages from everyone;

    Quotes:

    Chris's words of wisdom for survival in the jungle: Remember if it smells bad do NOT eat it!!

    Helen's words of wisdom: Chris is a jackass!!

    Alisha: Looking forward to the new Harry Potter film.

    Jamal: Help! Amy I have a Spanish test next week.

    Maryah: I collected nine house points in one go.

    Andy says DO NOT bring Helen back a pet!

    Mummy and Daddy: I hope your Screwfix gloves were worth the money.

    Auntie Lanie and Uncle Raymond: Tried to think of something witty but failed miserably amidst the bedlam of the 'family tea'

    Grandma: See you soon Amy, looking forward to seeing you at Christmas

    Grace and Megan: Thank you for our birthday presents. x x

    Auntie Alison: I had to do yoga at school. (Sorry Amy if the mental image of that gives you nightmares!!)

    Lots of love from us all. X x X x

    ReplyDelete
  72. Natalia graczyk (x ray 5)

    hello gorgeous, what a great project you've got on for part two! I hope you are enjoying it so far.

    All is good here,battled the elements at football today so an afternoon surgically attached to the radiator awaits!

    Saw scholesy the other day too, he sends his love!

    Miss you millions my love

    Jack xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  73. Stephen Holmes X-Ray 5 Hiya steph ;) how are you ?? i dont even know if u will get this but oh well... What you been up to?? katie has had her fat bum on the excersise bike before lol wobbling :P she says hi anyway and so does everybody else! tatty tar cya soon love becky and everybody xxx oh your mum said hi n tar for the bday card or something lol x

    ReplyDelete
  74. HOLA Xray 2 de parte de DOÑA SANDRA Y SU FAMILIA,DE CANADA LA SUIZA DE TURRIALBA FUE UN GUSTO HABERLOS CONOCIDO Y OFRECERLES UN CAMPITO EN NUESTRA CASA, YA QUE ESTABAN MUY CANSADOS Y HACIA MUCHO FRÍO POR LAS LLUVIAS DE ESE DÍA.
    ESPERAMOS QUE SU ESTANCIA EN NUESTRA CASA HAYA SIDO DE SU AGRADO Y ESPERAMOS QUE LOGREN TODOS JUNTOS SU OBJETIVO, QUE DIOS LOS BENDIGA Y LOS ACOMPAÑE.
    ESPERAMOS TENER NOTICIAS DE TODOS USTEDES!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Louise Olverson (X-Ray 2)
    Hi Louise, just seen on the blogspot that you have got the trek you wanted. Hope it turns out to be a good one and your equipment holds out. Just returned from a week with Eric and Carole. Great weather and company. Went up the Bernia mountain one day and Eric got us lost. Ended up rock-climbing over the top in my trainers. Quite scary! I hope you fare better. Lots of love Dad X

    ReplyDelete
  76. Raisa X ray 5

    Ray...!! Espero que la este pasando de lo mas bien!! Saludos..! :)

    juli

    ReplyDelete
  77. To Graham Smith x-ray 1

    Hi Graham, hope the trek is going really well and your not too tired , hungry or too bitten!
    Martin and i have just got back from 4 days in lake district, weather was great, scenery stunning, and food good. We are just waiting for laura & jonny to come round to celebrate lauras birthday, will give her your card and have bought a bunch of flowers from you.
    Can`t wait to read all about your exploits and looking forward to an e-mail from you soon.
    Love mum XXX

    ReplyDelete
  78. To Natalia Graczyk (X-Ray 5)

    Czesc Misiu,

    W sobote Babcia wrocila do domu a w piatek tata wyjechal do Stanow. Babcie do domu przywiozl Tonek Awdankiewicz kolega z pracy. Od poniedzialku do czwartku zostaje w domu razem z babcia. W piatek zostaje Bulo a kolo 2pm wraca tata z Ameryki. Babcia pomalenku wraca do zdrowia. Ale wiesz, ze jest to proces bardzo skomplikowany i zabiera dlugo czasu, czyli trzeba uzbroic sie w cirpliwosci.
    Bardzo nam Ciebie brakuje a szczegolnie Twojego swiergolenia. Dzisiaj dostalismy kartke z pozdrowieniami. Stoi w kuchni na honorowym miejscu. Kochamy Cie bardzo i pozdrawiami,

    MaTa, Babcia, Bulo i koty

    ReplyDelete
  79. For carla,

    I write on this all the time and it never seems to work. think i wrote on the wrong blog a few minutes ago.

    carls, is boring without being able to speak to you. i'm sooo looking forward to you coming home soon.

    hows things? i want to hear from you somehow from somewhere please.

    i''m so jealous of everything you are doing. so so jealous. hope you are so well.

    love nabbo and the baby kangaroo

    ReplyDelete
  80. Garry Pearson X-Ray 1

    Hope the trek is going well Gaz. Im sure your weather will be alot beta than ours. freezing fog and frost today. looking forward to seeing all the photos.
    All the best see you soon
    Love Dad and Kris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  81. HI JENNAYYYY (X-RAY 6)

    I hope im writing in the right place, im a bit confused by this all haha, me being blonde and that.

    It sounds like your having an amazing time and doing some really great things to benefit people :). Its really horrible back in london, freezing and really rainy and today there were all sorts of problems with fog! I hope its nice and hot for you there and your not getting burnt and will come back lovely and brown. (we don't want a replay of the burnt legs at wales how ever funny it was haha)

    I would tell you about what im doing but its really boring and not really worth saying lol. Well anyway, we haaave to catch up and have a drinky (or two) when your back because i miss you loads and need to hear about your amazing trip!

    Lots of love+stay safe :)

    Fayeeee xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  82. Emma Lewis X-Ray 1

    Hi SD

    Well, it's official! Will and Kate are getting married next year. Not sure whether it is in the Spring or Summer.

    Apart from that, Wagner is still in X-Factor ( don't know how or why??) and the weather is cold and miserable. So make the most of the sunshine even though it might be hard work trekking.

    Take care and lots of love.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  83. Hey Beki :) (X-ray 6)

    Hope you are doing well and enjoying yourself. Sending you a letter tomorrow, so I hope you receive it over your change over time. There is a bday card and an anniversary card inside, so make sure you let me know if you got them when you can please :)
    I'm still keeping in touvh with your mam and about my moving arrangements. In a week I will no doubt be spending my nights in your room :)
    Look forward to hearing from you soon my Beki. Miss you so much. Love you with all my heart.
    Dave
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  84. Lynne and Simon Cooper17 November 2010 at 15:24

    Message for Amy Cooper
    X Ray 6
    Hi Amy
    How's it all going? Well, I hope. Looking forward to reading the next installment on X Ray 6's progress. Hope you enjoyed the random comments made by everyone??Auntie Lanie was in charge, so I'm taking no responsibility!
    I've been looking at the best way to book train tickets to London on 18th Dec. We can get a ticket with a one day travelcard so we can do some Christmas shopping before we come to the airport. When you know which terminal you will be landing at, could you let us know please.
    It was nice to have a chat with Tom at the party, he said he had read your group facebook message.
    I wrote this message out and then the computer froze so I'm writing it again and hoping that I can send it this time!
    Is the time going really quickly for you? It does seem like such a long time since we saw you.
    Missing you lots
    Lots of love Mum and Dad xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  85. ELENA OURRIS X-RAY 7

    Hi fat girl

    I sent you a message on saturday when your nouna was here. she was in stitches when i wrote it but it looks like it is not here!!!

    Angelo was here at my house and he held 95% of the total conversation talking about eating mould and his nights of not sleeping and his freezer full of animals that no one apart from him eat like horse,ect. He even got his tools out and changed my front door lock.

    Anyway how is it out there.... have you cleaned your toilet out yet?

    Mum keeps moaning to me to send you messages. \i think she needs a laptop.

    Anyway you r boring me now and i want to watch the real jungle in australia with im a celebrity...

    BTW carefuk u dont fall down as you might make a big hole in the ground with your big fat bum.... maybe u can use the hole as your toilet hehehe

    penny says hi. she is trying to work put what deserts to do for when mum and dad come on sunday for dinner... i told her not to bother to compete as she has no chance of winning.

    anyway going to go now. byeeeeeeeee

    Tony, penny and anyone else

    ReplyDelete
  86. For Kate Gunning (X-Ray 1)

    Hi Kateth!

    How are you my dear? I have finally gotten around to writing on your blog! I hope I am doing this right?

    Anyway I hope you are having an amazing time and enjoyed your time on the deserted island! The prison sounds quite scary but a great place to spend Halloween (a lot better than bar 35 for definite)! A hammock on the beach sounds right up my street as well! How are all the bugs and wildlife?!

    I hope you are not too brown and skinny as if this is the case we can no longer be friends as I am pasty and obese and this will only get worse in the coming weeks! Sorry I hope this isn’t being read out loud as it sounds really shallow!
    Just a quick question though, are you dodging the camera by any chance? Not seen a single photo of you but think you may be lurking in the background on a couple! Ha ha!
    I don’t have any gossip I’m afraid, I haven’t done anything since you left pretty much! I have got a new sofa so can have more than 2 guests at a time which is the most exciting news I have to report I’m afraid!
    We have had really bad floods in Cornwall at the moment and loads of houses have been evacuated but Bude is still here and I drove past your house this morning and it hadn’t floated away so no worries there (Bude hasn’t been effected really so not to worry you!).

    I guess you will be in phase 2 now but not sure if you are doing a trek or living with a family but I’m sure both will be amazing and lots of fun! I hope you are enjoying yourself and have met some great people which I’m sure you have! Y
    ou are very missed in Bude and it isn’t the same without you!

    Take care and have a fab time!
    Speak soon!
    Lots of love,
    Lucy B X x

    ReplyDelete
  87. Laura - X-Ray 2

    Hi Lau

    At least the sun is out in the latest photos!! Sounds as though you are all having a great time - even with the wet! Made us chuckle when we saw that the "shop" sold painkillers to the group!!

    Still wet here - cold, windy - at least if it's wet with you it's warm wet......

    Will be interested to know why the old kneecaps were bandaged!!

    No news really - all the same here - just wanted to say hello - we're following the blog and I think Dad wishes he was there too - he would soooo love this!

    lol Mum and Dad xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  88. X ray 3 Arthur Vos
    Lieve Art ,
    Het is inmiddels al de zesde keer dat ik op de blog een berichtje achterlaat maar het verschijnt nooit ??? Hopelijk krijg je wel de post en heb je misschien wel je mail kunnen checken. Ik heb al 2 weken niets meer gehoord en van jullie groep is er qua verhaal en foto niet echt veel op de blog. Hoe gaat ie daar lieverd , we zijn heel benieuwd naar de nieuwe verhalen en hopen dat je het nog steeds geweldig hebt. Hier winter en er word hard gewerkt door iedereen . Nanook heeft vandaag rapport binnen met als laagste cijfer een 6 en hoogste 8 dus we zijn mega trots op onze brugpieper. Phoebe is meer bezig met bossie en haar social life , maar probeert ook wat meer haar best te doen.
    Pappa wacht nog steeds op grote jobs die bevestigd gaan worden en ik heb mijn eerste big order uit Milaan binnen van een top winkel ! Niels doet zijn 2 vakken en zoekt naar werk en maakt muziek ... Ik heb vanochtend contact gehad met de HKU en je moet voor 4 dec een port folio laten zien , dus wij proberen een mooi portfolio samen te stellen van de foto's die je hebt gemaakt en hopen dat jij via Raleigh als je terug op fiedlbase bent een selectie kan doorsturen van de 10/20 beste foto's . Zou dat lukken denk je . Laat maar weten en misschien kan je dit ook bespreken met je team leiders . Ze hebben daar vast begrip voor . Lieverd ik ga Phoebe halen van school Big Hug love & peace , Mam

    ReplyDelete
  89. Elena Ourris X-Ray 7

    Hey Lengoulla!!!

    How u doing cuz?

    I bet your having a wicked time bossing everyone around, putting on your posh voice...(but I know better lenga)

    Anyways, am still working with your bro, and sticking it out at college still. got my first assignment back this week and got a merit but was disappointed not to get a distinction and am due to have words with my tutor about it next week coz i'm NOT happy (check me out actually caring about education for once in my life...). I'm still the only guy in my class of about 16 people, and im in the process of applying to Uni and looking at courses to go away for a year too.

    Anyway enough about me, I hope your having a wicked time and if not why not??? and remember when your eating if you look for it you'll find it so don't look and stop grinding your teeth when you sleep - its very annoying.

    Chat to you soon Lenga.

    Stainface...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  90. ELENA OURRIS X-RAY 7

    Hey FATGIRL

    Me again.... 2 messages on your blog in 1 week..... OMG I must be missing having your big fat bum around!!!!

    I was just thinking of you as I was having a number 2 on the toilet... The toilet reminded me that you have to dig then clean out your toilet and it put a smile to my face.

    I went to mums last night and they showed me the letter that you wrote, well when I say "you wrote" I should say "SCRIBBLED". They asked me to read it to them as they could not read your writing.... even I, the man that worked in Edmonton that had to read writing from people that knew no english, could only just about understand 80% of the words you wrote. I think you need to go back to school in Anastasia'a class with those books with three lines in them so that you can be taught to write properly.

    Anyway, it was good to see that for some strange reason you seem to be enjoying yourself out in the jungle with the vultures flying over you and the rain pouring into the hammock that you keep falling out of when you return from the toilet that is a hole dug inthe ground that has overflowed over because of the rain..... I am soooooo jealous NOTTTTTTTTTTT.

    I just showed Johnny how to send you a message on this blog thingy so he is probably sending you a more normal message than mine.

    Anyway, I have just thought.... if you are in the jungle that means you don't have much to eat which then means you might loose some weight which then means you might no longer be fat which then means your name might have to change to anoerexic girl.

    Now thats too much thinking in one day for me... I have a headache now.

    I am going to have to go now as me and Penny will be going Sainsbury's in a bit to do the shop for when mum, dad, tom, christy and their kids come round. She is still trying to work out what cakes to make and compete with mum... so far we have banoffee pie, loukisa (chocolate and biscuit cake), jelly and caramela. Anastasia also wants a fairy cake!!!

    I bet you wish you were coming now to eat some of these cakes so that you can regain your rightful name again..... FATGIRL.

    I see looking through the blogs that you have a greek message from Nikos..... ahhhh ain't it cute. Bet you could not understand it though hahahahahahahahahahahaahaha.

    Mum is still getting on my nerves asking me if I have left you messages on your internet thing. I keep saying yes to her to to her knowledge I have sent you 35 messages. She keeps telling me to tell you that you are fat and ugly but I keep telling her that its not nice to lie to you and that you are really Very Fat and Very Ugly. Anyway, she has decided that your room needs a clean and has thrown everything away that was in it and put worktops in there to make her kourapiethes for the whole or North London. I am afraid you will have to sleep with the kourapiethes when you finally get back to London!!!!

    Anyway you are boring me now so I am off to Sainsbury's to set the record for buying the most cake ingredients.

    Bye ffrom Tony, Penny, Harry, Anastasia, Mum and Dad and everyone else that can't be bothered to learn to use this blog thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  91. x ray 6 naz canim benim insallah iyisin seni cok ozledik resmin gorduk sevindik biz hepimmmiz iyiyiz seni dort gozle bekleriz canimbaba seni oper herkes selam eder abilerin de selam cey elisya seni sorar insalla kaldigin ayle iyidir canim kendine iyi bak yine sni oper allah yardimciniz olsun xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  92. Calvagh McManus X-ray 3

    Well, well.... the sun is shining here finally. Had massive floods here in Belgium last week. A month's worth of rain fell in two days!!!
    Ha... I hear you laughing.....Nothing right? Hope you are holding up well. Don't see any news of your group yet....
    All's well here....Sasha is in NYC this weekend touring around with a friend and I'm off to Boston next wednesday for turkey with John, Sasha, Laura and grampa....Dad has to work;;;-(
    We signed the final papers for the house....So it is officially sold....I'll have to start house hunting when I get over to Dublin just after I return from Boston.. .;-OOOO
    Sent your flight details....so you will be coming back on the 16th of january.....Be well.... We are thinking about you and miss you!!!! Lots of Love.....mom.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Amy Perkins, x-ray 3. (10L)

    Hello :) I put off sending you a message yesterday due to hangover, but today I have a cold so I thought; meh, this message will suck but you're probably used to this by now. I found another song that makes me as crazy as "Crazy" did. Yus! I've got it on repeat on youtube 'cause I have no money to buy it. Christmas steals my money! I want to by a black santa hat that sais "Bah, Humbug" on it but I can't! I have no money! Then the whole hideous cycle continues...
    ...what am I talking about?? Gah, I don't even know. How's the rainforest coming along? Got a nice mirador going eh? Lots of...lots of trees? I thought so. Ah, I wish I could talk to you, instead of rambling on about literaly anything that comes into my head, and almost misspeling literaly.
    Ah! This message is so low grade. It's rubbish. I feel like being french, slashing it up and shouting "Vot was I zinking!".
    Basicaly, It's cold here, I have a cold, I hit my head off a cieling at a party on friday then fell down the stairs (classy) And I'm missing you wayyy too much. One of the lyrics in the new song is "Truth be told I miss you" Which I quite like. I can't wait to see you again.
    Lots of love (and sorry for the weird message!)
    Alex Stewart
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  94. (For Joseph Jeffreys x-6)

    Hi JJ.

    I hope this gets through, Mum and i have been sending you various messages, but they never seem to appear here so I can't be sure.
    Anyway, all is ok here. Mum's gone down to see Dee for the weekend so I'm here on my own with Molly the Collie - who is as bonkers as ever. She's now become obsessed with shadows and will stare for hours at them.
    So how are things going? We haven't seen a blog from x-ray 3 yet but Laura says that you cropped up on her facebook page the other day and that you said you were having fun. When you get a chance at the next turnaround send us an email to let us know that everything's ok, as we've only had one email from you right at the start and we're pining.
    It's cold, wet and windy here..(bet you're looking forward to coming back!) but Lewes is beginning to feel a bit pre-Christmassy, which is always lovely.
    Wales have been grinding through the autumn internationals. Lost to Australia and South Africa and drew (should have thumped them, really) with Fiji. Next week it'll be the All Blacks, which probably won't bring much joy. I'm going to see the Barbarians againt S.Africa at Twickenham in a couple of week's time with Steve - which might be the only time this autumn I get to see a side I support actually win something! Brighton are doing well, though. Top of the table and heading for promotion.
    It's the trek next for you, isn't it? Gosh that'll be tough, but at least you'll be good and fit for it, what with all the digging and clearing. Hope your kit is holding up? I can't wait to see the photos.
    That's it for now, son.I'll keep my fingers crossed that this get's through.
    Lots of love. Dad x

    ReplyDelete
  95. To Joseph Jeffreys at x ray 3

    Hi JJ. Just realised may have address last message to x-ray 6 by mistake. So hope it gets through to you. Anyway, all well here, son. We miss you very much but hope you're having an amazing time. All the pictures on here look wonderful. Are you tired of beans yet? Everyone sends their love. Send us an email when you can.
    Dad x

    ReplyDelete
  96. for Lydia Barge. group x-ray 7
    Hey lovely!how are you?i don't know if you managed to go on the trek but hopefully this will cheer you up if your exhausted!
    i saw someone wearing your school bag the other day in Glasgow, and have you have basically been in my dreams (or nightmares... ;) ) ever since! so i thought it was a sign and i'd better comment you!
    i saw the picture of you "dirt shovelling" on the website, looks like hard work!
    not much is happening here, i'm writing this as sam plays x-box....fun times!went to see harry potter on friday, poor dobby :[ sam nearly cried. and flick went to see it with Hev & Ian & Gary and hev & ian cried....!
    i saw cj today, her room is SOO big isn't it!!we talked about how much we miss you.
    i hope your having the best time, and are not too tanned, i thought we were united on that front...
    i love you so much, stay safe :]
    see you at christmas!!and, i'll write you a birthday message if you will get it?
    love Jo Smith, x

    ReplyDelete
  97. Sophie ten Bosch x-ray 4 De berichten over jullie groep verschijnen niet op de Blog. Eerlijk gezegd weet ik niet waar je zit en wat je doet; bij zoveel onwetendheid begin ik jouw onderneming hier, in het loodgrijze Nederland, zelfs als een avontuur te zien. Ik hoop en verwacht dat je het geweldig hebt en dat ik spoedig iets over jullie lees en veel foto's te zien krijg. Ik heb een fotozaak in de Kinkerstraat gevonden die al die vreemde bestanden van de foto's weet om te toveren tot mooie afdrukken. Ik kan niet wachten om je weer ergens in de wildernis afgebeeld te zien. Dag lieve dochter. Ik hoop dat je mijn berichten ontvangt, ik zie ze zelden in het overzicht terug. Ik denk elke dag aan je en vind het geweldig wat je doet. Kus

    ReplyDelete
  98. Simrath X-ray 3
    Hi Sime
    Just wrote a long message and I lost internet connection and the message has also gone!!
    Was Auntie Shammi's B'thday - gave her a surprise party - everyone was there except dad as he is not well!! I got some flap from you-know-who - I gave her a 'look' and moved on. Its Karran's 21st and Simi's 40th b'thdays on 3rd Dec - oh well this too will pass.
    Thaiji and rest are fine - talked to Kirran and could hear Dhaan making her 'statements' - she wants kirran to entertain her all the time!! preeth is fine - has been all over the place - for work and at the moment is in a West London hotel as she has deadlines. Thaijis are going to India on the 10th for 3 weeks so you will miss them. Renu and family are fine - she called to find out how you were doing.
    Rest everyone is fine.
    Looking forward to having you back soon
    Take and Enjoy -
    Love
    Mon, Dad and Avnita

    ReplyDelete
  99. Hi Polly and Giles. Xray 3 and 4. Still following the official blog and keeping up with your travels. It all seems amazing. Don't forget "look up,down and around". Take it all in and make memories!Usual love and hugs from both of us N & B xx xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thank you for visiting our blog. Comments are monitored daily and we will ensure messages are promptly delivered to your loved ones. Please ensure you state the name of the person to whom your message is addressed. This is so we don't miss any out. Muchas gracias!

Pura Vida!