Just as we settled into calling groups by their X-Ray call signs, Phase 3 has dawned on us and we've had to recalibrate to the new Zulu groups. Here are the latest allocations.
Zulu 1 - Maribios Trek (Nicaragua)
PMs: Annie Glennie, Laura Woodward, Wellard
Venturers: Anna Woollett, Antonio Jimenez Alvarado, Charlie "Cat" Legge, Charlie Bowden, Erika Perez Alfaro, Jack Harrington, Jenny Loweth, Maxim "Veggie" Seynaeve, Natalia Graczyk, Persia Castellani, Beki Turner.
Zulu 2 - The new Costa Rica Trek
PMs: Phil Tibbs, Vicki Harrison, Ade Hughes
Venturers: Ariana Ubeda Herrera, Charlie Gledhill-Flynn, Darren Mitchell, Jay Hutchinson, Jessica Vargas Naranjo, Lydia Barge, Michael Michael, Ollie Grayer, Simi Bhandal, Sophie Gatward, Vicky Golding.
Zulu 3 - Guanacaste Trek
PMs: Giles and Polly Mason, Sarah Bond
Venturers: Adriana Rodriguez Salas, Alex Jerrard, Arthur Vos, Carla Gottlieb, Eamonn McGuone, Enma Moreno Gutierrez, Hiten Mistry, Jexreel Belleza, Martin Fallon, Morrin O'Shea, Naz Taner, Tim Power
Zulu 4 - Irazu National Park and San Lucas Island
PMs: Pamela Martinez, Andy Meredith, Esteban Castillo (Irazu); Pamela Martinez, Piers Tufnell, Cat Bisset (San Lucas)
Venturers: Adam Tickner, Amy Cooper, Ana Massiel Medina Ramos, Garry Pearson, Jan van Arkel, Beki Slater, Rosie Schumacher, Sarah Kendall, Kenneth Yeung, Will Pawsey, Yali Gonzalez Calero
Zulu 5 - Playa Camaronal
PMs: Carl Gilham, James Lee and Rachael Armitage
Venturers: Adam Goldsworthy, Amy Kirkup, Ashley Fletcher, Cecilia Ruiz Galo, Corrine Davey, Felix le Hodey, Graham Smith, Holly Williamson, Raisa Arroyo Arguello, Stephen Holmes, Tom Campion
Zulu 6 - Achuapa (Nicaragua)
PMs: Euan Naismith, El Ourris, Lou Olverson
Venturers: Adrian Edwards, Amy Perkins, Andy Davies, Ben Green, Caroline Wevers, Josh Wilkes, Nicky Younger, Pablo Yglesias Vicente, Sophie ten Bosch, Veronica "Vee" Apaloo
Zulu 7 - Talamanca
PMs: Alex Coulton, Alice Dixon, Lawrie Kidd
Venturers: Anna Keen, Ben Saxby, Emma Lewis, Kate Gunning, Lee Watson, Ryan O'Sullivan, Wiki Perez, Josi Larios
As usual, the Bravo road trip crews will return with news and photos. If you want your messages delivered by the Bravo teams during phase, please observe the following cut-off dates and times:
Zulu 1 and 6 (Nicaragua): 29 Nov; 4pm Costa Rican time
Zulu 2: 30 Nov @4pm CR time (first visit); 8 Dec @4pm CR time (2nd visit)
Zulu 3 & 5: 7 Dec @4pm CR time
Zulu 4: 8 Dec @4pm CR time
Zulu 7: 2 Dec @4pm CR time
For Laura Woodward, Zulu 1 (Maribios Trek, Nicaragua) Project Manager
ReplyDeleteBe jaunty in the jungle
And try to stay healthy and dry.
Show valour when faced with a volcanic climb
And keep your spirits high.
Enjoy Nicaragua and all it has to offer. Love as ever, VQ. xxxxx
For Josh Wilkes Zulu 6
ReplyDeleteLovely to see the most recent photos from X-ray 4. You certainly have been busy. Don't envy you the sudden extremes of temperature. But the scenery looks fantastic. It's a bit hard to tell if you've still got the beard. Heavy snowfall on Friday night meant we had to cancel the Technology Open Day. Dad will be up early on Mon to check whether school can open. Happy days! Ed was home for the weekend and got home safely on Sunday evening. We're all looking forward to seeing you on the 23rd. Good luck on this the last phase. We'll have an email waiting for you when you're back at fieldbase. Keep safe. Loads of love from Dad, Mam, Ed, Auntie Ju and Gran xxXxx
Anna Woollett Zulu1
ReplyDeleteHi Anna
Just found out which group you are in.
Really sorry I missed your phone call.
Been ready just in case for ages and then miss it.
Anyhow you got through to Mum :-)
Sorry to hear about the mosquito bites.
Make sure you use a net at night and I assume you have the anti-malarial tablets.
You off trekking now .Should be a good change.
Tom just gone back from here to frozen snowed in Newcastle.
Spent all his time here working day and night.
Really looking forward to your return.
Loads of love
Dad :-) XX
To Natalia Graczyk of Zulu 1
ReplyDeleteHey beautiful! You don't hang around base camp for long do you?! You're already part of a Zulu group setting off on the Maribios trek, that's amazing! It's so great you're getting such a diverse range of projects/adventures. I don't know if you had time to read my facebook message but if not, it was basically full of the usual "I miss you's and I love you's and I want you back's", and a bit of news from home too but I'll fill you in on everything when you get back. Most of all I'm desperate, not only to see you, but to hear all about everything! I love all the photos that have gone up of you with your groups on fbook, you look so happy and like you're having such a fantastic time (unsurprisingly of course!) It's only 19 days until you're home, I can't believe it, I'm so excited!! I was going to say that I hope you've been well and it's all going great, but you look so glowing in your pictures with your beautiful smile that I know I don't need to worry :) I know you'll be making the most of the last 2 and a bit weeks, and it looks like the Maribios trek will be so amazing! I was just reading the blog of when Alpha 1 did it and it looked like great fun! So I'll be thinking of you doing your river crossings and eating out of your mess tin and setting up camp every night. I love you more then ever, have fun :) and I'll speak to you soon!
Big hug and kiss from across the Atlantic!
Love from your Soph xxxxxxx
To Maxim "veggie" zulu 1
ReplyDeleteLiefste Maxim "veggie" Seynaeve
Geniet van de mooie trek in Nicaragua. De laatste drie weken zijn er al. Zulu klinkt wel wat zwoeloe hé. Alhoewel, me dunkt dat het pittig zal zijn. Nu je fysiek is waarschijnlijk geen enkel probleem. We volgen alvast de blog en hopen veel foto's te zien de komende weken. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Papa en mama
ZULU 5 for Graham Smith
ReplyDeleteHi Graham
Hope you ok, and having a great time. Been
following you on the blog, nice to see a photo of you looking well. Spoke to Katie and she gave me all the news. Really happy for you that you got the turtles for your next phase. We all fine here, had to use Doris the other day, because the battery was flat on my car !Laura sends her love. Martin and I went to see The Real Thing at the Phil, great night, dancing in the aisles! The weather here is bad, really cold and icy, bet its lovly and hot with you, you will need some thermals when you get back. Hope you enjoy your final phase, cant wait to hear all about it when you get back. Love from us all, Mum xxx
Emma Lewis Zulu 7
ReplyDeleteHi SD
This is the chief of your tribe! Hope you are feeling better and that the anti-biotics are doing some good. Otherwise, just come back to base and the Witch Doctor ( alias Mummy!) will give you some magic potions (called white meat and fish ) which will make you feel better instantly!:)
The cheering news is that it is -3deg and snow is falling and forecasted to contiune for the rest of this week at least! I know you are expecting storms but bet it is a lot warmer than the UK!
Wagner and Gavin Henson ( Charlotte Church's ex) were voted off X-factor and Strictly last night. Widdicombe is still there strutting(?) her stuff.
Federer beat Nadal in the final of the Masters at the O2 in 3 sets and Man U are top of the league. The only blot on the copybook was that England lost to SA in a very poor match ! Bad England display.
That's all the news for now. Take care.
xx
LYDIA BARGE ZULU 2
ReplyDeleteHey Liddy
We are snowed in today. There has been 15 inches of snow! And Angus and Tara took 6 hours to get back from Loch Fyne! Really hope your trek goes well and looking forward to the 18th. Love from home xox
To Beki Turner Zulu 1
ReplyDeleteHi Beki, good luck with your next challenge. Hope you are having nice weather out there, it has snowed for five days in Carlisle and more to come. Wagner finally voted out on xfactor however Ann Widdecombe still in the dancing. I have sent you birthday card however, not sure if you will get it in time. If not have a brilliant day (hopefully on the beach at the end of your journey). Lost Patrol behind you all the way!. Love you loads Mam xxxxxxxxxxx
To Caroline ( Zulu 6):
ReplyDeleteBegreep het berichtje niet helemaal, maar volgens mij kunnen we alleen vandaag nog berichtjes sturen.
Al aangekomen in Achuapa? Ben heel benieuwd naar je laatste 3 weken. Raar idee dat jij daar in de warmte zit. Hier vriest het en het gaat nog harder vriezen. Het is wel prettig dat iedereen de hele dag vraagt hoe het met je is. Kan ik mijn verhaal tenminste kwijt. Gisterenavond gegeten met oma, Hans en Karin ( Oud Zuid). Was heel gezellig en Oma was nog steeds helemaal blij dat je haar had gebeld ( en dat je aan 28 november had gedacht!). Fietje had weer eens een ouderwetse TD avond op Amsterdam, dus die was wat traag vanochtend. Maar verder nog niet veel bijzonders sinds we je voor het laatst spraken. Wel leuk dat je zo'n klein groepje hebt met Soof erbij. Hopelijk worden er veel foto's gemaakt.
Dag muis, geniet ervan en droom van hotels aan het strand!!! xxxxx mammie
To Charlie Gledhill-Flynn Group Zulu 2
ReplyDeleteHello Lovely :)
Was awesome talking to you the other day and chatting to your friend in your group. Sounds like you're having an amazing time and I'm super jealous as it's so horrible here and everything is frosty. I hope it's super hot at Christmas, just over 3 weeks until I get to see you :) Have an awesome trek, don't walk your feet off! I miss you so much and I can't wait to see you! I love you lots xx
To Amy Kirkup (Zulu 5)
ReplyDeleteHi!! managed to get home ok! It's freezing in the UK into minus numbers at the moment. No snow in Exeter might be a bit on Dartmoor but I think that's it for the moment. Had my first hot shower in 7 weeks last night OMG AMAZING hahaha, homeluxuries have never felt so good! Hopefully going out tonight, will be nice to have a drink again :) I hope all is well in zulu 5 and you are having fun! will see you in january as I am off skiing the week you get back. enjoy yourself! from Fiona xxx
Simi Bhandal (Zulu 2)
ReplyDeleteHey! Hows trek going? I hope it's not too muddy and rainy!!!
Arrived home ok, had my first hot shower in 7 weeks. It was soo nice hahaha.
Enjoy the trek and I hope itall goes well!!!
from Fiona xxx
To Emma Lewis (Zulu 7)
ReplyDeleteHey!!! hope all is well in Talamanca :)
Arrived home ok, had a hot shower, slept ina bed with a mattress and pillows, eaten loads of food! oh what luxury! haha sorry, only 3 weeks left for you though! It's soo cold in the UK, wish I was back in the Costa Rican/Nicaraguan heat :) I hope your last phase is amazing!! Have fun!
lots of love Fiona xxxx
to. Jessica Zulu 4!
ReplyDeleteJeca como me le esta yendo? fijo ya paso lo peor!! viva cada momento, no piense en manana... ud es toda la fuerza y toda la positive....recuerde que cuando termine el trek ya termina Raleigh entonces disfrute al maximo... el trek es lo mejor de la vida uno nunca sabe a donde va a llegar y que va a descubrir... le mando un abrazote... la quiero un monton nena! yali
to Adri, Zulu 3
ReplyDeletecada noche con vos... cada historia una cancion....
linda! como me le esta yendo con la espalda? espero que todo bien... vieras que el sabado vi a lali, le manda demasiados besos y abrazos y la extrana jarcor.... le mando mucha fuerza y mucha buena vibra.. disfrute demasiado esta fase porque es la ultima y tras de eso el trek que es lo mas chiva de la vida! la quiero nena... al fin estamos en raleigh y ya casi termina... buuuu... por dicha teus no se va y la puedo seguir viendo aqui.... un abrzingo mingo en santo domingo....con amor y buena vibra...yali la mas guapa de las ticas.. obvio..
to Eka, Zulu 1
ReplyDeleteEka! como le esta yendo? me hace falta.... aqui estoy en la jaus y todos estan pintando un monton y Joni esta feliz de que este haciendo el Maribios y la extrana demasiado, ya lo regane por inmaduro... todos aqui le mandamos la buena vibra... obvio yo voy a volver a raleigh... es mas chiva que la casa.. aqui esta aburridon.. asi que disfrute mucho antes de volver y esta ultima fase porque ya queda poquito para que se nos termine... buuuuu... un abrazote... fijo ud es toda fuerte y todo el buen ride... el trek es lo maximo asi que pongale sabor... la quiero nena.. yali
To Elena Ourris Zulu 6
ReplyDeleteHey El, it was nice chatting to you yesterday! Guess what? When I was about to call your mum to tell her your message my phone rang... it was your mum telling me that she got your second letter.
I m sure we will catch up soon online!!!
Good luck with the new project and take care!
Love
Cleo
xxxx
(Jenny Loweth, Zulu One)
ReplyDeleteJENNY!!!
Just thought i'd say, Zulu One is clearly the team to be in. (I was in Zulu One for my trek too!!) haha. :D enjoy 280km and 19days of raleigh rations! Hope you stocked up on snacks at Maxis! You're going to need it. Good luck and a massive catch up is needed when you get back.
Polly
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
emma lewis zulu 7
ReplyDeleteemma hurry up and get back it suck not being in contact with you especially as i missed you in the short time you were back! hope you ok and miss you lots!
christian xxxx
Emma Lewis Zulu 7
ReplyDeleteMole, we cant send messages after 2 Dec to you so hope you get all of these! Wagner off the X factor, bet SD got there first with that news! New name for him Zulu Chieftain! REally hope you arent suffering too much with the flu, miserable to be ill whilst away. Freezing conditions here with snow threatening to be a real problem, wil hire my own personal snow plough for the 18th!! Take care, so proud of you, lots and lots a nd lots of love. Ratty, x x x x x x x x
For AMY COOPER: ZULU 4
ReplyDeleteHello Amykins
Just a quick X Factor update... WAGNER has fiiiinally gone, and so has that Katie too!
Have an amazing time in your final phase - make the most of every minute :) Thinking of you!
Lots and lots of love, Berry xxx
For Sarah Kendall Zulu 4
ReplyDeleteHowdy Sarah
Phase 3 sounds fantastic - especially if you get a cold mountain & hot sunny beaches on the island. You'll definitely need your hat and sun cream there if you don't want to come back to freezing cold Britain looking like a lobster!
Can't believe the weather here! It doesn't usually snow so much in November. It took me ages to dig the car out this morning. By the time I came home from work the car still looked like it was wearing a fluffy white beret. It's been below zero by 3 every afternoon. I hibernated all Sunday because it was a permanent blizzard. I'm so relieved all classes have been cancelled tonight so I don't have to go back to work. Driving up and down our hill is not fun. Rachel's really jealous because they've only had the slightest covering at uni. I showed her our garden on the webcam - you can't tell the difference between the path, the rockery & the grass. You've got all this to look forward to! I'll have to bring warm clothes to the airport.
It was so good to talk on Skype, and on your birthday too. I'm glad you had a cake and went out for a pizza with your friends.
I'll be sure to send you another message before the final date. Hope you get our letter too. Miss you even more when we've spoken!
Enjoy yourself,
love you lots & lots
Mamma
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To Jayome Hutchinson (Zulu 2)
ReplyDeleteHey yoou :)
This will be a pretty quick message as in about half an hour I am leaving for London :D :D As I'm sure you remember, I have my D of E presentation tomorrow so I thought I would drop you a quick note before I departed. I hope everything is going well with your new group and that you are still enjoying yourself! Not too long until you get back now! Yay I can't wait! There is another letter on its way to you, hopefully it should get there on time as I sent it just before the deadline day so fingers crossed. If not, well I'm not sure where it will end up :P It has my return address on it so who knows :P Not much else to report from home at the moment. In the Midlands everything is still pretty much very green and snowfree- unlike in Hull where it is so deep! And its just the right kind of snow for making snowballs so its being an amazing few days, having huge hall snowball fights :D Liverpool lost yesterday 2-1 to Spurs. Despite the fact they were winning 0-1. They then went and scored an own goal before letting in a injury time winner. Just to top off the day, we then drew Man U in the next round of the FA cup. Yay :P As for the Ashes well...Australia did mighty fine at first but we stunned you guys with a record breaking come back (two guys got something like 329 between them, apparently the highest total or something) so I think we are going to draw the first test at the Gabba :) (wahey- it seemed so likely we were going to lose that one lol).
(Copied from the BBC - "Trailing by 221 runs after the first innings, England scored 517-1 in reply to see off the prospect of defeat.")
Also Murray lost to Nadal who then lost to Federer in the ATP World Tour Finals.
So yeah, thats a brief sports update for you. I hope your trek goes well and I am looking forward to seeing the blog update, but obviously not as much as I am looking forward to seeing you again :D :D Not long now sweetie :)
Love you lots and lots
Emma xxxxx
Sophie Gatward Zulu 2
ReplyDeleteHello hunny its Ellie!! I hope your holding up on trek okay, your AMAZING and I bet your right at the front killing it right now, just like you said you would. I have to be honest..I hate being home. Those Raleigh blues they spoke of? Wow they were NOT kidding! It is so cold here in London..and I feel so disconnected, I miss everyone so much. Just remember, your getting fit and tanned and lovely, and I'm freezing, putting on all the weight I might have lost out there! (evidently, that was 11 pounds GO ME!) Keep on truckin' on that trek baby doll! Sending so much love, say hi to everyone!! xxx Ellie
HOLA WUILKILD , FELICITACIONES CONTINUE ADELANTE TE DECEAMOS EXITO EN TU ULTIMA FASE , ESTAMOS ORGULLOSOS DE TI TE QUEREMOS MUCHO TU MAMA, PAPA Y HERMANA CUIDATE . BEZOS Y MUCHOS ABRAZOS.
ReplyDeletefor Martin Fallon Zulu 3,
ReplyDeletehey! i cant believe ur all warm and its still minus degrees and i cant even get the car out, it jst skidaddles on the ice! anyways i no u cant get internet so just to let u no, u got a call back for a testing day with ur law firm on the 21st dec! well done. i wont be around so im wishing u good luck already. tryin to get my dad to book u a flight over here and ill book urs back. i no u dont no dates yet but im sure we can change them shud somethin come up. new years in the fast will be a real treat provided the snow melts by then lol.
ur last phase looked awesome... 4 hour risotto? hoooowww? we're settin up several xmas dinner treats for the last week of term... 3 bird roast...i cannot wait!
love you
look after ureself and dont be loosin any more weight! we've all seen the fotos and have agreed u need to start eatin more!
missin you, only like 3weeks till ur back woooooooo
xxxxxxxxxxx
Zulu 2
ReplyDeleteSime
Hi Sime
At last we have some snow - the whole of the uk has been snowed under except us - it not a lot but its lovely... not for dad though he had to go to work.
Every one is fine. Where are you at the moment. I seem to lost track and I have not been able to see the photos you sent Avnita. She will be over this weekend so will go on her f/book. Dad is fine now. We are all looking forward to you coming home. Auntie Kelly got back on Saturday from India - She had good time - got me a lovely suit and shawl. Have you started missing home cooked meals or not?!!!
Take care and enjoy yourself
Mom
To: Cecilia Ruiz Galo - Zulu 5.
ReplyDeleteFrom: Jc.
Hey que tal? todo bien?
Aquí todo tuani, el clima esta un poco loco, a veces hace mucho frió y luego cambia a un calor bien feo. Me volví a congestionar, pero es alérgico nada mas. Según lo que leí en las otras publicaciones del blog, este mensaje lo estarás recibiendo el 7-Dic, para entonces estaremos de viaje para León con el Perro, Jose Noel y su novia, Juan (Lucy no va, no le dieron permiso en el trabajo) y otro amigo mas que vive pegado a mi casa; nose aun quienes estarán tocando en el concierto, pero espero la pasemos bien. No te perdes de nada, igual el próximo año habrá otra fiesta igual, mas esto que estas viviendo, esta ultima fase no tiene comparación a nada, es algo único, por lo que tenes que dedicarte al 99%, viví esta experiencia al máximo, portate bien y cuidate. En esta semana que viene iré a ver al Bob, Dakar y el Oso, les dare saludos de tu parte. El concierto de Chico, Jairo y Carlos sera el 11-Dic, tomare videos y fotos para enseñártelos después, promete estar bueno ese toque.He hablado con Jesús y dice que quiere venir para cuando vos vengas, bueno, estaré en contacto con el para ver que ondas. Mientras tanto seguí cuidándote mucho como lo has hecho hasta ahora, me haces falta, pero tranquila, creo que es normal. Bueno mi niña, sabes que te quiero siempre y donde sea que estés. Besos y Abrazos, Jc. :-* :x
For Carla, Zulu 3
ReplyDeleteGIRLFRIEENNNNNNNN i have already said this on your fb but your postcard caused me to shed many a tear in the libes yest.these tears may also have been related to the conjunictivis i contracted due to some rogue flour at girls 'drinking aerobics' last week but still i like to think they had more to do with you and the postcard of JOY.its so cold here,SO COLD,too icey to ride my bike and very problematic in terms of choosing 'going out outfits' espec when one takes 'end of term bank balance situation' into account.so many dilemnas.literally life is hard.you are trekking up some mountain somewhere and i am deciding whether to take a cab and wear heels or walk and wear boots.parallel LIVES.
CANT BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO BE HOME SO MEGA SOON.YAYAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY.so many mega YAYS for that.im going to be calling circa 10 times a day just to make up for all the missed calls.right,i have to go and fashion a meal out of a tin of chickpeas and some week-old humous (see,i told you,PARALLEL LIVES BABES UH HUHHHHHH).excellent blog entry btw thoroughly enjoyed seeing photos of you,your hair seems to have held up under frizz-risk REMARKABLY well.which is a relief as tbh it was my main concern for you before you embarked on this marvellous journey.
ach carl just miss you SO MUCH and it was so good to hear that you are enjoying it.
your swizzle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ps hi to your friend who admired your two favourite things about me.CRYPTIC
nazif taner zulu 3 naz canim nasilsn bizle iyiyiz cok soguk kar yagar dudu yenge de burda aksam bizde galdi umidin ccugu dunyaya geldi oglancik dudu yenge selam eder baba abilerin iyi selam yolalar sen nasil gideg hersey tamammi donmene azkaldi allah yardimciniz olsun bizi merak etme hepimiz iyiyiz seni opuyoruz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteTo Beki (Zulu 1)
ReplyDeleteIt seems I have posted this message late so you wont get it for a while, sorry :(
Hope you have a great time on the trek, and have a fab time celebrating your bday on the beach. Got lots of presents for you when you get home :) I've got my start date at work by the way, i'll official move in on 8th December :)
Speak to you soon. Miss you loads. Love you lots
Dave
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zulu 5 - Raisa Arroyo Arguello
ReplyDeleteHOLA MI AMOR!! Espero que todo este bien por aya. preciosa ya me haces demaciada falta,y ya es navidad =) y tengo una buena noticia,ENTRE A LA UCR ,revise en la pagina y si entre pegue como un 540 algo asi... pero me hubiera gustado que me hubieras ayudado con las vueltas,por que ando bien perdido,ya quiero que vuelvas para estar con vos mua mua mua mua cuidese mucho preciosa, y disfrute bastante.
te amo.
Nochi.
Adriana Rodriguez Zulu 3 - Guanacaste Trek
ReplyDeleteHola morena espero que todo marche bien! Espero que este disfrutando del trek bastante! Ya cada dia "the beach" esta mas cerca! Me imagino que si pudo con el peso de la maleta! Como esta su espalda? Y ust? Va a venir con una condicion increible, de caminar todos los dias! Unas piernotas! jaja..!Nada mas no se vuelva muy gringa, vea que eso es lo que a ust le gusta yo se..
Salgo de la u el 9 de diciembre si no tengo que ir a ampli de nada.. ojala que no! Compramos una juego de mesa nuevo, ahi todavia no lo he jugado pero se ve que es bien chiva! Tenemos que darle! Morenita me hace mucha mucha falta, mas que no la pude ver en el changeover! Vamos mi adri! Yo se que a veces el trek es duro pero se que ust puede! vamos fuerza! Yo la apoyo totalmente a la distancia! La amo mucho!! Se cuida mi amor! Le mando un gran abrazo y muchos besos!
Bye!
Juli
Can you please on the next radio with Zulu 3 say this short message for Adriana: "Te amo, morenita" Thanks a lot I would really apreciate it! Julian.
ReplyDeleteZulu 7
ReplyDeleteFor Kate Gunning:
Flid! It's Soraya here, only just worked out how to post on here! Hope it's all amazing out there, I am still SO jealous...you better be missing me!!
Send me some more news, miss you!!
X
Michael Michael - Zulu 2
ReplyDeletehey Mikey hope the treks going ok and your having a nice time. cant wait for you to get back, its so quiet and clean. its been snowing and its freezing. were all missing you and counting down the days untill you come back
loveyou xxxx
Hi Emma,( Zulu 7 ) not sure if I'm suppose to write in code (it all looks quite funny) or if I need to call myself some kind of rodent!!! Well, I am me and you are you, so that's good enough! I get regular updates from your Mum on what you are doing and it sounds as if you have achieved some amazing things, so well done you! You've heard about the weather brrrrrr! Hopefully we shall be the lucky ones and not get much more. I drove up to London last night to my sister's in the snow. Then at 5am I drove my niece to Heathrow to catch her flight to Peru. She's gone with 2 friends on her gap year. Can't believe she's grown up and is now travelling round parts of the world! How did that happen? Well, I don't quite know how this thing works or whether you'll get this, but if you do, enjoy you're remaining time out there and travel home safely. Take care, Andrea, Robert and Daisy.xx
ReplyDeleteEmma Lewis Zulu 7
ReplyDeleteHi SD
Thought you should get one last message from your Zulu chief before today's deadline.
Hope you are feeling better and enjoying your last few days of this great adventure. Hopefully you will look back on it with fond memories. We are very proud of what you have achieved and your amazing resilience and tenacity! Your chief couldn't have done it. Actually, he has become a fatcat with old age!
Very severe weather has caused large scale disruptions and I have had to change my travel plans for this week. Should have been in Scotland today but in fact have to settle for the cold in Oxford - with 3 extra jumpers as you know who doesn't believe in keeping the heating on! ( I know she will be reading this and I'll get a spanking for this)
This is looking very much like the winter of discontent. Tube strikes and student protests making the headlines in the last month although latest figures show that the economy is doing better than predicted. Bizarre! It explains why I could never master Economics.
Looking forward to seeing you when you get back. Won't be long now.
xxx
elena ourris zulu 6
ReplyDeletehi elena.
i know i've missed the deadline, but i thought you'd get it as soon as you get back.
i went to your mums on sunday and took the letter back, and she told me she had another one, so i stayed and read it to them, they had a good laugh. your mun said she does think of you every time she puts her hands anywhere near her eyes, she said it's like your there telling her off.
georgina and anthony went for their cooking lesson on saturday, and they had a lot of fun, they made three courses, and than eat it, they even brought home their left overs. the next day georgina made the cake for all of us to try. it was delicious.
they both have colds at the moment, and anthony is struggling because his exams start on monday 6th, and he is working hard.
angelo is fine, busy as usual. we hope you are having a great time at your last post, i can't believe it's nearly over.
thinking of you all the time, love you lot's
nouna angelo georgina and anthony. xxxxxxxxx
Message for Natalia Graczyk (Zulu 1)
ReplyDeleteHey gorgeous! I hope you are enjoying the trk - sound amazing! I read back on the last group to do it and it sounds like the best bit (though you did say its changed a little, so you'll have to fill me in on that!)
I sent you over some post at the strat of the week, but looks like it might take a little while to get there. Still, you'll get it soon enough.
Things all ood here - covered in snow and loving it! Who says cold weather is rubbish?! I'm working from Home today and watching Home Alone while i do it - why not, a bit of festive fun!
I'm missing you more than ever and can't wait to have you home - 2 more mondays in fact!
Love you loads
Jack
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Anna Woollett Zulu 1
ReplyDeleteHi Anna
Hope the trek is going ok and you are keeping well.
The UK is in deep freeze at the moment with heavy snow just about everywhere.
The East and North have been worst hit many Airports closed and serious problems with transport generally.
Leeds and Newcastle have been hit hard.Poor old Tom :-) but at last contact at least his heating was back on.
Curiously where we are is not too bad although snow is expected tomorrow.
Just as well you are not trying to get home this weekend.
With a bit of luck the worst should be over by the time you return.
Think of us all shivering when you are enjoying the sun and balmy conditions in Nicaragua.Well at least that's what I hope you are getting. :-)
England lost the World Cup bid for 2018.
We only got 2 votes despite Prince William,Prime Minister,and David Beckham's best efforts.
Russia won it :-(
Xmas looming up and piped festive music wherever you go,groan,humbug and Xmas cards to write :-(
But on the bright side it gives me an excuse to scoff mince pies and Wensleydale cheese.
Granny Wicks has had her 2nd eye op.It went ok but lasted a lot longer than last one.
Also needed something removing on her forehead.All done in same week.Poor old mum been hacked about but hopefully no more ops now.She sends her love.Much admiration for you for your spirit of adventure and public service as we all have.
Loads of love XX
Dad
Zulu 7 - ANNA KEEN
ReplyDeleteHi Anna,
I hope your getting on well on your final phase. I would expect your weather is a lot better than here, we are on a big freeze (minus double figures) and lots of snow!! not good! it is starting to thaw here a bit now but not quick enough!
Everyone here is well, Mo is doing really well and has been dragging Andy round the shops most days and the park every few days.
Jack is busy working as usual and Colleen too. She has treated herself to a brand new car so she is wishingthe snow would sod off as well so she can go further than work and back!
Havent heard from Adam but I know that he has got loads of work to do, he is trying to decide what to for his birthday which is proving difficult.
Not long now untill you come back now, looking forward to picking you up from the airport early doors on Saturday - You'll have to let me know what time you get in and I will come armed with blankets and jumpers to get you aclimatised.
We are trying to organise a bit of a get together on the Saturday night when you get back, was thinking of a few drinks in the white hourse with the usual suspects ..... if your not too tired!! Its a joint welcome home and christmas gathering as me and Andy will be heading north on the Friday so will be the last chance!
Cant wait to have you back my love but hope you are having the most fantastic time. Enjoy your last week and make the most of it!!
See you very soon missy!
love you loads
Jo & the fam
xxx
To Elena Ourris of Zulu 6
ReplyDeleteHEY FAT GIRL (AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT ENJOYS MY MESSAGES!!!! YES, I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU, REVIEWING PERSON)
I am at home in London still..... Did not go to my holiday as the English cannot move a few flufs of snow from the runway at Gatwick. I think now that you have become the Rambo Jungle Woman you need to come back over to the real jungle here in London and clear this snow away.
Anyway as I mentioned, my holiday got cancelled last week. The story goes likes this..... (sit down as its a long one!)
On Tuesday night me and Penny left home to go to the hotel we booked to stay overnight near Gatwick as it also lets us leave the car there for the length of our holiday. There was a tiny bit of snow but not enough for a snowman. About an hour of driving later we got to the M25 near the Dartford Bridge where we found traffic. We sat in this traffic for about 2.5 hours moving a total of 1 inch. They closed the crossing to gritt the road. Many people went to sleep in their cars and the rest got out and had a piss on the side of the road! When they finally opened the road some people did not wake up and the rest of us were driving around them inthe middle of the motorway. We then continued to drive to our hotel but going no more than 20 mph.There were 2 lanes of parked lorries all asleep for about 3 miles, the other 2 lanes consisted of 1 lane of snow and 1 lane of frozen spiky slush to drive on. We finally arrived at our hotel and checked in at 4am, 5.5 hours since we left home. We set our alarm to wake us 15 mins before the shuttle bus to take us to the airport which was set to leave at 5am. We checked out at 4.45am. The bus got cancelled as scared to drive in the snow. We got a cab. Got to airport and after long wait told that airport will close until 6am next day and all flights cancelled.
After many arguements we were given a compliment slip with a helpline number on it and told to go home. That number is still engaged!!! Went to get a taxi and the queue was 4-5 hours long so phoned a cab via our hotel which arrived quickly within 2 hours!!! Got to the hotel, had a soup then decided to go get the car. The snow on the car after 8 hours parked there was about 10 inches deep. moved some snow away and drove it to hotel entrance. I told Penny to get in car and I brought cases out and left them next to car. Cleaned all the snow off the car and got in frozen and drove off..... by this point remember it is midday wednesday (36 hours of hardly any sleep). I went onto M23 to join M25 going no more than 40 mph(driving like dad and Tom). Joined M25 and went wrong way round. After finally finding my way back after an hour of driving i could feel my eyes closing so decided to go to service station for coffee. Missed the car park so had to park in the petrol station next door and treck through the snow to get to the service station. Got in, ate, had coffee and slept on sofa for about half hour. Then said to Penny that we should leave and also that I fancied a chocolate which I had in the cases. Got to the car, opened boot to get choc and ........ NO CASES!!! Penny immediatly thought someone had nicked them but this could not be teh case as no damamge on car..... quick rewind in my brain and I realised where the cases were...... OUTSIDE THE HOTEL ENTRANCE!!!! The cases contained all the money, passports, credit cards, tickets, clothes, laptop... basicly everything. I phoned the hotel hoping that they had been seen and stored away. The receptionist went outside and they were where i left them.. lucky. Continued home. I finally rebooked to go on 12th dec for 11 days, 3 days less than originally and also had to pay an extra £830 on top.... Act of God apparently not their fault!!!!!. Come home with your legal skills and u can sort them out Legal Rambo Girl!!!
To be Continued ( from Your only Brother Tony)
To Elena Ourris Zulu 6
ReplyDeleteContinuation of message from Your only brother....
Anyway enough about my Mr Bean true life adventure. HOw many toilets have you dug? I have been searching through all the photos and camnot see any toilet holes... i bet you are not really in costa rica but you are in the hilton in australia.
I got your email and I actually saw you online but by the time my shit laptop opened the window to send you a msn message you left. I guess you were hungry again and left to go and eat to keep yourself fat. Have you got any uglier since you got there?
I went Christmas shopping the other day with Penny..... OMG the worst thing a man can do is go shopping with a woman. I bought nothing for anyone but got myslef a new phone. A few days later I took the kids to Oxford Street to see the lights.... no interest at all..... they were more interested in Hamleys. I finally went to Enfield Town ALONE and sorted everyone out apart from u as u are not here and i will get u something cheap in the january sales and anyway i dont know ur size anymore as u r probably size 20.... catching up to Haroulla!!!!
Mum keeps asking if I sent u a message and I keep saying yes.... she assumes I have sent u a message evry day so keep up this lie please. For some reason she is missing you... maybe its because she can see sunlight in her house from the space u have left from your fat arse going!!!!
She has made 1000000000000000 melomakarouna and kourapiedes. I guess there are more in your bedroom and bed too. Penny just read what I wrote and in the same breath she sais OMG cant eat them as I will put on weight then continued the sentance saying maybe she will eat 1 or 2..... some diet!!!!
Anyway I am going to bed now as your boring me....
Byeeeeeeeeeee.
From, Tony, Penny, Harry, Anastasia, Mum, Dad, and everyone on the M25... oh yes... my cases too.... which are finally home.
To Anna Keen Zulu 7
ReplyDeleteI think your in Zulu 7, i have no idea with all these name and numbers. Anyway.... Anna :) your so near the end wow, so proud of you. Really cannot wait to see you and hear all about it, Birstall is even worse without you! When you come back it will be xmas! I feel a cheesy line coming on about you being home for xmas, maybe some mariah Carey singing hehe, what a geek i know. Take care lovey and a safe journey home if I dont speak to you before. Lots and lots of love Amy xxxxxxxx